Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PETROL in QLD set to soar beyond $1

PETROL in QLD set to soar beyond $1

Old May 9th 2004, 1:02 am
ABCDiamond

Default PETROL in QLD set to soar beyond $1

PETROL prices in southeast Queensland are set to soar beyond $1 a litre in the next few days after crude oil prices shot to a 14-year record.

And experts predict the high prices will last several weeks at least.

Unleaded fuel moved ominously close to the dollar mark yesterday, with a high of 96.9¢ a litre in Brisbane, says price monitor MotorMouth.

The average price of 93.2¢ was an all-time high

Some Brisbane service stations were selling unleaded petrol at 77¢ a litre on Friday morning, but that jumped to 93¢ by the end of the day

The Sunday Mail

Old May 9th 2004, 1:04 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PETROL in QLD set to soar beyond $1

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
PETROL prices in southeast Queensland are set to soar beyond $1 a litre in the next few days after crude oil prices shot to a 14-year record.

Unleaded fuel moved ominously close to the dollar mark yesterday, with a high of 96.9¢ a litre in Brisbane, says price monitor MotorMouth.

Some Brisbane service stations were selling unleaded petrol at 77¢ a litre on Friday morning, but that jumped to 93¢ by the end of the day

The Sunday Mail
Supposedly some servos in Adelaide have already gone to 1.04. $1 in QLD will mean $1.10 around the rest of Oz.:scared:
Old May 9th 2004, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

I filled up at the station just off the pacific highway yesterday just past Nerang, only to find the fuel was CHEAPER in NSW!

I thought QLD fuel is supposed to be cheaper than the other states due to an 8c per litre subsidy through the State government
Old May 9th 2004, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Just be grateful you live in the city!!!!!!! I filled up Toyota yesterday here in Ceduna and paid $1.09 per litre, my cousin who lives in Coober Pedy paid $1.17 last week!

Still wouldn't live in the city, even though we pay through the nose for fuel and food!
The nearest KFC,Maccas etc., is 4 hours drive. (we have a chinese and pizza in town) and recently got CDMA mobile phone coverage! No big Woolies and Coles either, gotta make do with Foodland (which is ok 'cos I work for 'em!)
Cheers
Sal x
Old May 9th 2004, 11:43 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

its only 82p at my local station....so the uk is cheaper haha...no wait thats nearly $2 :scared:
Old May 9th 2004, 12:05 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Petrol set to rise everywhere......due to oil trading at its highest price for years !

Blame OPEC

all the best plum
Old May 10th 2004, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

That's right, barrel of oil is just below $40 (US) and maybe increasing over the next few weeks due to higher demand from the US because of their recovery.

But I agree, you can sit there and moan about prices going up but they will be going up in the UK as well, so I know which price increase I'd rather pay!!!!!!!
Old May 10th 2004, 11:58 am
ABCDiamond

Its just gone back down to 88c today
a 5c drop

Old May 10th 2004, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

The Sunday Mail
Oh dear its very cheerful on here tonight I'm waiting for the double whammy, rising oil price then bingo the dollars dropped so up it goes again! Trouble is with fuel prices Oz is such a huge country it puts the price of everything up.

I dont think I can read any more tonight, hasn't anyone got any happy news
Old May 10th 2004, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The prices out here literally go up and down by the minute. On Sunday it was 98c and today back down to 88c.

They have to employ a man out here to change the prices every hour they fluctuate so much- I am being serious!
Old May 10th 2004, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The Sunday Mail
And as petrol goes beyond 80 pence per litre in the UK ($2.03) we feel very sorry for our friends in Australia having to pay half that price.

OzTennis
Old May 10th 2004, 9:20 pm

It won't bother me but those 4wding, V8ers will be hit and there will be a knock on to the economy.

A $40 barrel along with the recent recovery of the $US is scary stuff for the economy and reminiscent of the recessions of the seventies.
Old May 10th 2004, 11:23 pm

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Trevglas
I filled up at the station just off the pacific highway yesterday just past Nerang, only to find the fuel was CHEAPER in NSW!

I thought QLD fuel is supposed to be cheaper than the other states due to an 8c per litre subsidy through the State government
Old May 10th 2004, 11:26 pm

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Living in Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast I am amazed to see how petrol prices differ throughout the week. Cheaper at the beginning of the week, but gone up by Thursday.Each day living here, something else amazes me. I wonder what it will be today!
Old May 10th 2004, 11:27 pm

Originally posted by tinaj
The prices out here literally go up and down by the minute. On Sunday it was 98c and today back down to 88c.

They have to employ a man out here to change the prices every hour they fluctuate so much- I am being serious!
There appears to be a weekly cycle with Monday Afternoon and Tuesday being the cheapest and Sunday/ public holiday Mondays being the most expensive. I fill up tuesday mornings even if I don't have to to avoid filling up at the weekends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.