Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Petrol $1.10/litre

Petrol $1.10/litre

Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petrol $1.10/litre

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Double cool

When I turned up 4.5 years ago it was around the $1 mark. It dipped briefly just after I arrived but has been more than $1 for most of the time I've been here.

I think it was around $1.10 when we arrived (although can't really remember ) and they were outraged that it was gonna reach $1.20 (again I think) by Xmas

(this was in 06 if anyone can remember the price! )
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:27 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Wendy
I think it was around $1.10 when we arrived (although can't really remember ) and they were outraged that it was gonna reach $1.20 (again I think) by Xmas

(this was in 06 if anyone can remember the price! )
My actual petrol prices in the last 4 Decembers...
02-Dec-04 $0.959
20-Dec-04 $0.959

04-Dec-05 $1.035
20-Dec-05 $0.969

08-Dec-06 $1.069
22-Dec-06 $0.999

08-Dec-07 $1.199
17-Dec-07 $1.219

?

(yes, I do keep records )

Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

$1.01 (with a docket) at Woolworths in Marsfield this afternoon.... You'd get through a couple of litres of the stuff waiting in the line tho!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:01 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

oooh excitement! $0.99 with a docket today!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

At the services on the highway just north of Brisbane Airport it was 91.9c discounted yesterday.....and that's on a weekend!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Just driven past our local service station in Robina and its 89.9c using a woolworths docket.. how cheap is that...
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:06 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz
Just driven past our local service station in Robina and its 89.9c using a woolworths docket.. how cheap is that...
cheaper than it is up here by 10c dammit - I'm not so happy about my $0.99 now
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:21 am
ABCDiamond

And it gets cheaper tomorrow "Cheap Tuesday" ...

95.9c near me today.

I was just reading some older things and came across this:

30 May 2008
Anyone who thinks Petrol is going to go back to a $1 a litre is living in La La land
Welcome to La La Land

Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:36 am
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Welcome to La La Land
... I must have taken a wrong turning, I was heading for Cloud Cuckoo Land
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

88.9 in Kallangur today, coles express (really nice staff as well in there, next to Mc Donalds).
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

My actual petrol prices in the last 4 Decembers...
02-Dec-04 $0.959
20-Dec-04 $0.959

04-Dec-05 $1.035
20-Dec-05 $0.969

08-Dec-06 $1.069
22-Dec-06 $0.999

08-Dec-07 $1.199
17-Dec-07 $1.219

?

(yes, I do keep records )
I was right Thanks for that - and to keeping records of petrol prices!

And it gets cheaper tomorrow "Cheap Tuesday" ...

95.9c near me today.

I was just reading some older things and came across this:

Welcome to La La Land
It's not been over $1 here in SA for over a week now Except for one petrol station that said $1.16 last Wednesday, but it was the only one I found on my 25k drive

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
... I must have taken a wrong turning, I was heading for Cloud Cuckoo Land
Follow me.....I live there (apparently!)
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Babsw
88.9 in Kallangur today, coles express (really nice staff as well in there, next to Mc Donalds).
Was that for E10?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by discobay
Was that for E10?
hey,now you're asking.i just put in regular unleaded, not the expensive one!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Babsw
hey,now you're asking.i just put in regular unleaded, not the expensive one!
E10 is the cheapest......10% ethanol.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:11 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by bcworld
E10 is the cheapest......10% ethanol.
Do they have a special bowser for E10 ? I haven't seen one at my local station.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.