Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Petrol $1.10/litre

Petrol $1.10/litre

Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petrol $1.10/litre

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Cool. I missed the cheap tuesday price this week.
It's cheaper here on a Wed morning.....but you have to get up early

Originally Posted by dave99
Its great that petrol is cheaper here but you have to drive a hell of a lot further than in the UK so it balances out !
Catch the train
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:54 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It's cheaper here on a Wed morning.....but you have to get up early

Catch the train
99c in Cleveland coles express...
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Its great that petrol is cheaper here but you have to drive a hell of a lot further than in the UK so it balances out !
That may be true for you but the average mileage for Aussies is only slightly higher than the average mileage for Brits.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:27 pm
ABCDiamond

Who does ?

Kilometres Travelled
In 2004 the average Australian passenger car travelled about 13,850 kilometres. Source: abs.gov.au
In 2004 the average British passenger car travelled about 14,000 kilometres. Source: The AA

Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:40 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by The Bloke
But is that the price of standard unleaded or the E10 unleaded, which is about 3 cents cheaper than standard?
You had me wondering ... But no, it was normal unleaded.

Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:52 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Who does ?
We drive less kms/year here.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:59 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We drive less kms/year here.
Yeah we do. Our car does about 350km a week. That equates to around 11,000 miles a year and we did easily 15,000 miles a year in UK.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
That may be true for you but the average mileage for Aussies is only slightly higher than the average mileage for Brits.
Mine is far higher here......and I don't even go to work
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:15 pm
ABCDiamond

One of our cars did 10,067 km (6,292 miles) last year, and that includes driving to Brisbane City every working day.

My car does almost that, but I can't work out how ?? I only do the school run, shopping, etc etc, taking my daughter places ... Oh yes, I see how it adds up now...

Some people do much more, some do less, much the same as those in the UK really

Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grayling
I remember reading somewhere that the average Australian driver spends more than the average UK driver on petrol, this could be more miles or just bigger car engines or probably both.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:19 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Devlin
I remember reading somewhere that the average Australian driver spends more than the average UK driver on petrol, this could be more miles or just bigger car engines or probably both.
You might have read it on here Be careful what you read

Some "average weekly fuel prices" from a West Australia website

Jun 2007 (petrol about $1.30)
Metro suburbs $51.96 pw on petrol (£22 pw)
Outside metro areas $115.39 pw on petrol

But as most people live in Metro areas, the cheaper figure will be closer to the average average

Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Maybe the hooning takes its toll
Old Nov 19th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

I bought a diesel in august as the price of petrol was shooting up.
Paying $1.45 a litre
Old Nov 20th 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

I must admit to laughing when I heard there was a item on the news about the price of petrol, I thought crikey go over to the UK and see how much it is there!

Laughed my head off, ha ha bonk.

M
Old Nov 20th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

$1.26/litre at our local BP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.