Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Peterborough Meeting

Peterborough Meeting

Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:41 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Peterborough Meeting

I have been talking to Gravyman and Sarsa about the possibility of arranging a meet in Peterborough for all those who are either experienced "britishexpats.com" users or those who are completely new and want to meet up and have a chat to find out more.

These are great opportunities to put faces to names and chat to those with the common aims and objectives.

Sooooo do we have any takers?

Cheers, Gary
Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peterborough Meeting

Oh, go on then!

Just let us know where and when and we'll be there!

G
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:18 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Graham, I did wonder if you were going to come along..........

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Oh, go on then!

Just let us know where and when and we'll be there!

G
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending on when it is, we may be up for it as we have friends that live in Peterborough that we have to see before we leave. Our only prob is we leave in 4 weeks and had also hoped to make it to the Essex meet on the 11/9.

I just realised, we only have 4 weekends left :scared:
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:37 pm
Rose-tinted specs anyone?

Sarsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Wouldn't miss it for the world!

With a bit of luck we'll be joined by others. Stompyspod, Paul and Thomas, what about it? Perhaps one Saturday early in Sept?

But where? Ferrymeadows? Boat House? The Cuckoo at Alwalton (nice beer garden)?

Hey, you don't have to live in Peterborough to come along, you know! Everyone's welcome!

G
Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else interested in meeting up, having a beer (or two) and a chat about the whole emigration rollercoaster?

Don't be shy, we don't bite -well not after just two beers!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

where's Peterborough like?
Old Aug 20th 2004, 5:04 pm
Rose-tinted specs anyone?

Sarsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by honeybob
where's Peterborough like?
Just follow the A1 south until you get to the back of beyond and then take a left, continue on past the middle of nowhere and stop when you see a line of people pestering postmen for post from someone called Tra or Dimia!

Or, more seriously, it's in Cambridgeshire.

Sara
Old Aug 20th 2004, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sarsa
Wouldn't miss it for the world!

With a bit of luck we'll be joined by others. Stompyspod, Paul and Thomas, what about it? Perhaps one Saturday early in Sept?

But where? Ferrymeadows? Boat House? The Cuckoo at Alwalton (nice beer garden)?

Hey, you don't have to live in Peterborough to come along, you know! Everyone's welcome!

G

Sounds good to me! mmmmmmm pm or something when you deceid on a place.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Alan101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Peterborough Meeting

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Sounds good to me! mmmmmmm pm or something when you deceid on a place.
what a good idea,let us know time, place and date we will try to be there its not that far down the A1.
Dawn and Alan
Old Aug 20th 2004, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Dawn & Alan

Welcome to the site.
As soon as we have some dates and venue we'll let you know.

Where abouts are you?
What visa are you applying for, how far are you with your application and where are you headed.

So many questions.

Graham
Old Aug 20th 2004, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Alan101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Peterborough Meeting

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hi Dawn & Alan

Welcome to the site.
As soon as we have some dates and venue we'll let you know.

Where abouts are you?
What visa are you applying for, how far are you with your application and where are you headed.

So many questions.

Graham
Hello Graham, Sorry its quiet long,
thanks for welcoming us to the site and the same applies to every one who as replied to our postings ,we never expected such a varied response no insults intended.

we currently reside in Beverley, East Yorkshire.
We have applied to migrate under subclass 139 ( skilled sponsored designated area) My sister is sponsoring us.
I am a Qualified Chef and my husband is a Nursery person (actual job :Production manager).
We sent our application to ASPC in May, 2004
Credit card debited 6th June 2004.
application recievd letter dated , 29th June. 2004
recieved letter 14th July 2004.
Just sitting,waiting and wishing we had waited untill 1st July as you can see 2 days short of the new policy.
We have not heard anything about police checks /medicals, but we wait with baited breath everyday.
we are not sure where we would like to end up.
Drove down from cairns to brisbane June /July time quiet liked the look of townsville, but worried about job possabilities. (then there are of course the stingers in the water Nov to May and we love being in the sea, we haven't mastered the art of surfing yet but we have had a good go).
We like it around Brisbane prefaring the Sunshine coast to the Gold coast and
have had many nice quiet days on Dickys beach and Moffat beach.
Ideally we would love to live with an ocean view, but any place we can hear the sea will do.
hope that has given you a bit more info .
look forward to talking again .
Dawn and Alan.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Dawn

You'll find the majority of people on here are very freindly and helpful.

We are applying for the new SIR visa and hoping to go to Adelaide.
We had hoped to go to Brissie but when the points went up we missed out so the SIR was our only way into Oz.
We also thought about Townsville but on the SIR but Queensland are doing the SIR different to SA, plus my wife Sara wasn't too keen on North Queensland.

We are waiting for our TRA to come back, if it ever does. We have been waiting 16 weeks.

Hope to meet up soon and have a good chat.

Graham & Sara

Originally Posted by Alan101
thanks for welcoming us to the site and the same applies to every one who as replied to our postings ,we never expected such a varied response no insults intended.

We have applied to migrate under subclass 139 ( skilled sponsored designated area) My sister is sponsoring us.
I am a Qualified Chef and my husband is a Nursery person (actual job :Production manager).
Just sitting,waiting and wishing we had waited untill 1st July as you can see 2 days short of the new policy.
We have not heard anything about police checks /medicals, but we wait with baited breath everyday.
Drove down from cairns to brisbane June /July time quiet liked the look of townsville, but worried about job possabilities. (then there are of course the stingers in the water Nov to May and we love being in the sea, we haven't mastered the art of surfing yet but we have had a good go).
Ideally we would love to live with an ocean view, but any place we can hear the sea will do.
Dawn and Alan.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:40 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

So lets see.....

We seem to have a few possibilities, and some definites(?) then:

GSB & Scissors
Gravyman & Sarsa
Hels (but we need to be quick )
Honeybob (?) But does she want to travel that far down the A1? Me thinks not!
Gin200
Alan101, oh yes, and surely we MUST invite....
Bundy, it would not be a meet without her.

How are these for possibilities?

Sunday 29th
Monday 30th or
Saturday 4th.

As I think was mentioned by Sarsa, we have several alternatives for a venue: Ferry Medows, nice arae for a picnic
A local Pub, now there are several options here, but I would have thought that one close to the A1 would be best for accessibility:

Boat House, nice place, good beer garden
The Cuckoo at Alwalton

(Sarsa: Sorry for plagerism....But I am out of any better ideas... )

What are peoples views on the possible dates?

Originally Posted by Alan101

Dawn and Alan.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

honestly mate if i have a better idea of where peterborough is, ie from newcastle and how long it would take either in the car or on a train, i would give it a shot!!!

have legs, will travel.... like a bit of an adventure!

is any one heading for the gold coast...

honeybob!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.