Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Peter Sellers - played by an Aussie!

Peter Sellers - played by an Aussie!

Old Sep 9th 2004, 12:25 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Peter Sellers - played by an Aussie!

We went to see 'The Life and Death of Peter Sellers' tonight - starring Geoffrey Rush. Our Geoffrey (I can call him that, as he lives in Melbourne!) did a mighty good job of playing Peter Sellers, right through from about 1960 almost till his death in 1980. In fact, the likeness was quite spooky - Geoffrey does all the Sellers accents (including the Goons & Clouseau) perfectly. What a talented bloke....

Very good movie & can highly recommend it: if/when it comes to the UK - do go see. Excellent distraction therapy for those on this forum anxiously awaiting visas, those agonisng on how many cats to take to Oz, or those worrying about whether or not they will be able to afford to buy lettuce in Oz.

Anya.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 12:52 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Peter Sellers - played by an Aussie!

Originally Posted by anya4oz
We went to see 'The Life and Death of Peter Sellers' tonight - starring Geoffrey Rush. Our Geoffrey (I can call him that, as he lives in Melbourne!) did a mighty good job of playing Peter Sellers, right through from about 1960 almost till his death in 1980. In fact, the likeness was quite spooky - Geoffrey does all the Sellers accents (including the Goons & Clouseau) perfectly. What a talented bloke....

Very good movie & can highly recommend it: if/when it comes to the UK - do go see. Excellent distraction therapy for those on this forum anxiously awaiting visas, those agonisng on how many cats to take to Oz, or those worrying about whether or not they will be able to afford to buy lettuce in Oz.

Anya.

Hes supposed to be a really nice bloke to.
He turned up at one of the nurses home that my Mrs works with. She answered the door kinda stunned & said yes?
He said ohh your daughter wrote to me asking if she could interview me for her school paper, as I was around the area I thought I'd call in and see if she wanted to do it now.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peter Sellers - played by an Aussie!

Inspector Clouseau played by an Englishman!

Sounds like a good film and I'll look out for it. In the slightly changed words of Neil Young, Sellers is 'Goon but not forgotten'.

http://www.petersellers.com/biography.html

OzTennis