Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Peter Moyes or quinns baptist ( which school )

Peter Moyes or quinns baptist ( which school )

Old May 5th 2007, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Peter Moyes or quinns baptist ( which school )

Has anyone got any personal experience of any of these schools in Mindarie, Perth ? Need to get my daughters name down soon for one of them. She has friends going to both so she really doesnt care about which one she goes to. The fees are also about the same.
You have to give them $50.00 when you submit the application so really dont want to make a mistake.

Nicky
Old May 5th 2007, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peter Moyes or quinns baptist ( which school )

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Has anyone got any personal experience of any of these schools in Mindarie, Perth ? Need to get my daughters name down soon for one of them. She has friends going to both so she really doesnt care about which one she goes to. The fees are also about the same.
You have to give them $50.00 when you submit the application so really dont want to make a mistake.

Nicky
I can't help a great deal but have heard Peter Moyes is the better of the two. I think it's the sister school to St. Marks at Whitfords.

Renth usually knows about schools.

Where in Poole were you from?
Old May 5th 2007, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Nicky

Hi

My girls both go to Peter Moyes, I am very happy with the school.

Any questions just ask
Old May 5th 2007, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. I think it will be Peter Moyes.

We were from Creekmoor in Poole ! Where abouts were you from ?

Nicky
Old May 5th 2007, 6:54 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I can't help a great deal but have heard Peter Moyes is the better of the two. I think it's the sister school to St. Marks at Whitfords.

Renth usually knows about schools.

Where in Poole were you from?
I'd go Anglican over Baptist any day, unless you want your kids to be taught the dinosaurs never existed.
Old May 5th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Nicky
Quinns is too small, too parochial and it did seem to have a discipline issue.
My Daughter is no longer there for these reasons.
Cheers
Old May 5th 2007, 10:10 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

My friends children go to Peter Moyes and are very happy there.

ATB

Nicola
Old May 16th 2007, 5:35 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

A belated reply - I don't have time to look on here very often! All of our five(!) are at Peter Moyes (years Pre-Primary to 9) and enjoy it. One was temporarily at Quinns Baptist and didn't enjoy it so much. I don't believe that there is much difference in the level of teaching at Primary school level between public and private schools (ours were at a public school for a while), but there does seem to be at Middle/High school level. If you need more info I'd be glad to supply it.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bal56
A belated reply - I don't have time to look on here very often! All of our five(!) are at Peter Moyes (years Pre-Primary to 9) and enjoy it. One was temporarily at Quinns Baptist and didn't enjoy it so much. I don't believe that there is much difference in the level of teaching at Primary school level between public and private schools (ours were at a public school for a while), but there does seem to be at Middle/High school level. If you need more info I'd be glad to supply it.

Thanks Bal56 ! I gave the application form in yesterday, so will be keeping my fingers crossed. Just one thing though. As she wouldnt be starting there until 09 , When do they let you know if she has got in or not ?

Thank you

Nicky
Old May 17th 2007, 3:22 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Rather than trusting my memory (which is fading sadly after five kids) I'd give the school a call to confirm.
Old May 17th 2007, 3:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bal56 ! I gave the application form in yesterday, so will be keeping my fingers crossed. Just one thing though. As she wouldnt be starting there until 09 , When do they let you know if she has got in or not ?

Thank you

Nicky
usually private schools start offering places out roughly 18 months before
Old May 17th 2007, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Is Peter Moyes private, is it difficult to get in to and how much is it a year
as I am starting to get concerned about how easy it will be to get the kids in school when we arrive in Sept.

Cheers

Mick
Old May 18th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Anybody got anything else to add, would be appreciated

Thanks

Mick
Old May 18th 2007, 9:46 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Anybody got anything else to add, would be appreciated

Thanks

Mick
Peter Moyes is private. website http://www.petermoyes.wa.edu.au/

Given them a call and ask.
Old May 18th 2007, 10:06 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

My good friends daughetr goes to Peter Moyes and she's very happy with her progress.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.