Pet warning.

Old Oct 4th 2004, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pet warning.

9pm last night had us with an emergency call from the vet, the dog came in yelping with double pronged red bite on the face, so with the recent sighting of snake in garden and then finding suspicious tracks in the sandy beach end of the pool area vet is dispatched. $260 later we are assured the pronged bites on face are large jumper ant bites and not the dreaded death call for poochy.

But the vet is warning people to think where you place pets water bowls, inside if possible. The warm days have brought out snakes which is normal at this time of year, not only are they looking for a mate the are looking for food and water after hibernation in winter, but the drought has got rid of usual water spots so swimming pools (hence our problems no doubt) and pet bowls are luring snakes near houses.

A couple of cats have been taken, suspect is harmless carpet snakes hungry after the hibernation so watch small pets, guinea pigs should be kept inside and keep all loose leaf matter picked up, clear up all junk around house and keep the grass mowed. Things should settle down once we get rain.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Pet warning.

Oh thanks for the warning. I don't know whether the problem is the same down here - but we recently got a dog from the pound and when I go out, I always put her in the garden with a bowl of water. She's a lab and I worry that she'll chew the place up otherwise.

However, I would hate to attract snakes our way - we're only two streets from a national park!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Oh thanks for the warning. I don't know whether the problem is the same down here - but we recently got a dog from the pound and when I go out, I always put her in the garden with a bowl of water. She's a lab and I worry that she'll chew the place up otherwise.

However, I would hate to attract snakes our way - we're only two streets from a national park!
Despite the death scare last night, our pooch chewed up the fly screen door up today so I guess hes recovered!! There was a tiny hole in the fly wire where he got hold, ripped it to shreds and then pulled the entire screen door off, i dread to think what he would do if left alone with furniture

Kids got a safety talk about snakes at school today think its just the time of year really.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

The whole screen-door he's not part-labrador is he?? I wouldn't want to be without the fly-screen in Oz - your next one will have to be pooch-proof !

Labradors are notorious for chewing, so I give her one of those leather bones whenever I go out. They are supposed to last a couple of days but in fact last a max of one hour. Hopefully she'll spare the fly screen !!!

Yep - it sounds like your dog has fully recovered !!