Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pet shipping companies

Pet shipping companies

Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough
Default Pet shipping companies

Can anyone recommend pet shipping companies we have two quotes for our Labrador

Airpets have quoted £2318 heathrow to Melbourne and jets4pets have quoted £2034.20

Can anyone recommend anyone else or tell me what your experiences were with these two so we can decide which one to use?

Thanks

Robert
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:11 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all
Default Re: Pet shipping companies

Sorry I haven't got any other suggestions, but I just wanted to know if those figures included the 30 day quarantine stay once in Oz?

We have a Dalmatian but I'm not 100% convinced about the costs involved in taking her. I mean I'd have 2nd thoughts about taking the kids if they cost £2.5K each to get over there!!!

Cheers

Allan
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by allankate
Sorry I haven't got any other suggestions, but I just wanted to know if those figures included the 30 day quarantine stay once in Oz?

We have a Dalmatian but I'm not 100% convinced about the costs involved in taking her. I mean I'd have 2nd thoughts about taking the kids if they cost £2.5K each to get over there!!!

Cheers

Allan

no they dont include the 30 days fee
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:19 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
no they dont include the 30 days fee

Any one want a fun lovin Dalmatian ???

Allan
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:25 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

I'd happily leave our girl here, but nobody else is leaving without the dog!!

So I'm looking at around £2500 with the quarantine costs....

Ali x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

woodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant future

Airpets have quoted £2318 heathrow to Melbourne and jets4pets have quoted £2034.20

Can anyone recommend anyone else or tell me what your experiences were with these two so we can decide which one to use?

Thanks

Robert
Havent used either,but airpets come highly recogmended by so many people,including our vet!Would be interested too on hearing from others who have used to transpoert their pets over too!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:40 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodys

Havent used either,but airpets come highly recogmended by so many people,including our vet!Would be interested too on hearing from others who have used to transpoert their pets over too!
We are using Ryslip Group to export our cat, their website is www.ryslip.com

I think they are cheaper than airpets and a vet I worked for and still keep in touch with, knows them and says that they are very good.

Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

barney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We are using Ryslip Group to export our cat, their website is www.ryslip.com

I think they are cheaper than airpets and a vet I worked for and still keep in touch with, knows them and says that they are very good.

We used Ryslip for our yorkie and I would certainly recommend them. They do all the paperwork, all I had to do was take my dog to the vet for his blood tests.

For us they quoted similiar to Airpets but a lot cheaper than Jets4Pets. I think we paid around £950 + quarantine fees.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:04 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barney41
We used Ryslip for our yorkie and I would certainly recommend them. They do all the paperwork, all I had to do was take my dog to the vet for his blood tests.

For us they quoted similiar to Airpets but a lot cheaper than Jets4Pets. I think we paid around £950 + quarantine fees.
For Gordon I was quoted £870 (approx, dont have figures in front of me) and with Quarantine it comes to £1,110 and that includes the vet check in Perth. These figures are not exact, just approx.

But they have done everything and we just have to take Gordon to the kennels for his overnight stay, vet check, worm/flea treatment and they do the rest.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice

I've bitten my lip for some time when looking at these forums but I would be reluctant to suggest Airpets. We had problems in getting our English Bulldog to Oz...and Airpets just about promised us the earth becuase they knew we were in dire straits. It cost us a hefty deposit and left a sour taste in the mouth when they went back on what they'd advised us of.

In the end we used Golden Arrow. They were/are fantstic......as usual my advice would be to search this site and get good recommendations. Like asking for shipping companies for household goods, asking for advice on where to live, what to buy etc.,etc., you'll get differing opinions.

On the subject of moving your beloved pet to the other side of the world, my advice would be ------go with Golden Arrow.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of

Thanks

Robert
Robert

We used jets4pets a few months ago (two cats from the UK to Adelaide, via Sydney). Great service. No problems.

Hills Boy
Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

shoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the rough

I am interested in recommendations also - we shipped our 2 foxie cross dogs to the UK from Australia in 2005 (cost was $2400 for both door to heathrow) but by the looks of it, it is a lot more expensive going the other way which we are thinking of heading back in a year.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

I've visited airpets premises a couple of times (work close by) and have been impressed with them. They seem a very well run business so i'm confident all the paperwork and arrangements will be correct. I did visit one other place which was a small family business and their office was totally opposite, piles of paperwork all over the place, phones ringing away so i plumped for airpets.