Pet Quaratine

Old May 15th 2003, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

marklandmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Pet Quaratine

We need to bring a labrador to Oz (Perth). How long will the pooch have to stay in quaratine in Oz, and how long will the pooch have to stay in UK, quarantine if we bring the bugger back to the UK?? (I just know this is gonna cost !!!)
Old May 15th 2003, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pet Quaratine

Originally posted by marklandmed
We need to bring a labrador to Oz (Perth). How long will the pooch have to stay in quaratine in Oz, and how long will the pooch have to stay in UK, quarantine if we bring the bugger back to the UK?? (I just know this is gonna cost !!!)

I am taking two cats to Perth. As far as I know they must have their rabies shots at least one month before testing to apply for the permit to import. Their shots must also be valid for the entire time they are in quarantine otherwise if they have to be re-vaccinated then guess who pays? If all this is done correctly then the minimum stay in quarantine is 30 days, if not then up to a maximum of 120 days (I think). Check out the official quarantine website at www.aqis.gov.au. You can download a complete guide for step by step preparation of your pet plus all the relevant forms. I tried to arrange to ship my cats myself but was told that you need to use a licensed shipper which I must admit I feel happier about as I would to have slipped up on one of the forms and end up having my precious babies destroyed on arrival or going AWOL somewhere!

Good luck and it ain't cheap!

Wannaby Wallaby
Old May 15th 2003, 8:11 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't it cheaper to take the Buttsniffer option, coupla quid?

Cheers - Don
Old May 15th 2003, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

We are taking our mutt for some reason? She will have to stay locked up for 30 days - does not even get a walk!!! Poor thing.

Pott.
Old May 15th 2003, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some useful links at www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/pets.php

Information on Id tagging, import and animal welfare.
Old May 15th 2003, 9:50 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
we're taking our dog too. having golden arrow shippers to help us....01 588 680 240

your dog doesnt need rabies vaccine if travelling from the uk. she will need a microchip (look on the aqis website to find out which kind of microchip is needed) and updating with certain vaccines. she will then need a blood test 28 days prior to shipping.

golden arrow seem really good and have been doing this for years. we just get the jabs, microchip and blood test when they tell us to!! we will meet them at the airport..they take her to their kennels get her wormed, dea flead (not that she has any ofcours!!)etc then ship her off.They arrange the import permit and everything!

i know i could probably do it myself cheaper but this way you know that everything will be right!
the quarantine as others say is 30 nights when going out to oz but i dunno how long the other way!

good luck
Old May 15th 2003, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

she will need a microchip (look on the aqis website to find out which kind of microchip is needed)
Take a look at "Pet Register" on www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/pets.php gives info on FREE pet tagging.

Do golden arrow shippers have a website ? if so what is it and I will get it added to the site above.

Last edited by karawara88; May 15th 2003 at 11:09 pm.
Old May 15th 2003, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

jayneT is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Hi

We are taking two cats to Perth with us. I found this company's website really helpful. Any questions you have they are happy to answer on the phone and will send you extra info if you like.

www.parair.co.uk

Good luck

Jayne
Old May 16th 2003, 6:55 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

We are going the other way the dogs have to have all shots up to date and a Miro chip , plus Rabies shot and then a blood test for rabies after that wait 6 months then they can travel without
quarantine .

Old May 16th 2003, 7:44 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

no karawara i dont think that they have a website...

the cost for a jack russell though is..

including import license, vet fees, worming, dea fleaing, flight, container, all the paper work etc £871.00..then you have $720.00 for the quarantine in oz!

i personally think that my dog is worth it..hubby thinks its a bit steep though!!:scared: :scared:
Old May 16th 2003, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

including import license, vet fees, worming, dea fleaing, flight, container, all the paper work etc £871.00..then you have $720.00 for the quarantine in oz!
Bloody hell, I would think twice about taking my wife at that price.
Old May 16th 2003, 4:41 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karawara88
Bloody hell, I would think twice about taking my wife at that price.
Hmmm, you obviously don't have a wife with a shopping obsession then (like me and mine)! Good job she earns the stuff otherwise I'd definitely be thinking twice!

Cheers - Don
Old May 17th 2003, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Some good news (well, for you anyway Don....perhaps not so for your wife!) shopping in NZ is a pretty disapointing affair - not many decent shops, lack of choice in the few good shops there are. Prepare to pay through the nose for clothes with labels & electrical goods. I don't even bother shopping for luxury stuff in NZ & tend to buy it either back in the UK or in Melbourne (fantastic for clothes) or Sydney.

We've got The Warehouse & K-Mart over here though (which makes Argos look like Harrods!!) & Woolworths is considered the NZ equivalent of Sainsburys for food!!!

Russ

(mouth watering at the thought of Sainsburys Pork Pies.....they taste vile over here)
Old May 17th 2003, 6:16 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

There is a dog crate (airline approved) for sale on the Marketplace forum
Old May 18th 2003, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

BJKLiffey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We are also using Golden Arrow Shippers to take our dog to Melbourne, she goes 7 days before ourselves. You can take your dog for a walk while in quarantine ( as long as within the quarantine station,) and you can visit within the opening hours.

I would suggest looking at the quarantine station on the net, you can get an idea from that.

As for bringing back to the UK , quarantine here is 6 months - to get round this take out a Pet Passport. Your vet will be able to advise of form filling etc.

Hope this helps.

Karen & Brendan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.