Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pet passports ????????????????????????

pet passports ????????????????????????

Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:30 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up pet passports ????????????????????????

Hi all,

i phoned up my vet to talk about the immunisations for the dogs going to to aussy land. we have now got in touch with a few companies to get them to byford kennels. before all that there is a few things that you have to get that the exportation company's wont get all the blood vaccinations.

well i phoned up my vet to see about the vaccinations and the receptionest kept saying cant get jags till we get there pet passports they need a pet passport for going to austraila god got me paranoid got me thinking now, now i looked up on the site for dogs needing passports 'pet exports.com site says you dont need to get pet passport for dogs going out of the company only if going back and forth a country.

john
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:38 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pet passports ????????????????????????

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Hi all,

i phoned up my vet to talk about the immunisations for the dogs going to to aussy land. we have now got in touch with a few companies to get them to byford kennels. before all that there is a few things that you have to get that the exportation company's wont get all the blood vaccinations.

well i phoned up my vet to see about the vaccinations and the receptionest kept saying cant get jags till we get there pet passports they need a pet passport for going to austraila god got me paranoid got me thinking now, now i looked up on the site for dogs needing passports 'pet exports.com site says you dont need to get pet passport for dogs going out of the company only if going back and forth a country.

john
Here's some useful info about transporting pets. Info on Pet passports is in there too:

http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...ntType=outputs
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:45 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

Hi Tia

jocky boy here thats a coincidence i just looked at that site 5 min ago
hows the pup doin did i here you saying it just got it's jags.

cheers
john.

john
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:47 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tia

jocky boy here thats a coincidence i just looked at that site 5 min ago
hows the pup doin did i here you saying it just got it's jags.

cheers
john.

john
lol...haven't got a pup....you must be confusing me with someone else
Old Jan 17th 2006, 10:11 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

oooops got mixed up, talked to you loads of times with bridie and the rest of the gang just mixed up dogs thought you had a pup.

john..
Old Jan 17th 2006, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

leezo is on a distinguished road

We didnt need a pet passport to bring our Westie from Aberdeen in September (though they are a good idea as you wont need to quarantine them if you go back to UK - some folk do that!)

When we had queries from our Vet we just put them in touch with Airpets & we had no problems.

Good luck

Mrs Leezo

Hi all,

john
Old Jan 17th 2006, 10:36 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

Originally Posted by leezo
We didnt need a pet passport to bring our Westie from Aberdeen in September (though they are a good idea as you wont need to quarantine them if you go back to UK - some folk do that!)

When we had queries from our Vet we just put them in touch with Airpets & we had no problems.

Good luck

Mrs Leezo
Hi there,

thanks for the info
for one thing i know mrs leezo i will never want to come back here to this country

john..
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:59 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Although Australia is in the Pet Passport scheme it is only at present available if going from Aus to another country and then you can return to Aus without the stay at quarantine.
Strange I know and a bit daft, so once your doggy has been here I think 3 months it can have a pet passport and leave and come back without a problem. Hence why 2004 had an Aussie dog at crufts they must have got him his passport, it was the first time anyone had done crufts from over here.

Jenny
Old Jan 18th 2006, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

chrissie181 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: pet passports ????????????????????????

hi,

Im hopefully emigrating later this year with my two Dogs. Im still looking for a company to transport them. How did you get on with Airpets or rarther how did your poch get on with them.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chrissie181
hi,

Im hopefully emigrating later this year with my two Dogs. Im still looking for a company to transport them. How did you get on with Airpets or rarther how did your poch get on with them.

Hi

What kind of dogs do you have.
We are going to use www.pettravelservices.co.uk
They work out cheaper than all the rest.
They are very big border collies and it is cost us £4000.00. :scared:
Quarantine at Byford kennels are just over £500.00 pounds for both dogs :scared:
Dont know how much the vet bills are going to be will find out on Wednesday

Beth
Old Jan 18th 2006, 2:31 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi

Quarantine at Byford kennels are just over £500.00 pounds for both dogs :scared:

Beth

Beth, I can't get anything at that URL - is it the right one?

Gill
Old Jan 18th 2006, 2:35 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi

Beth
Hi, I tried the website above and it couldn't be displayed, before I know they didn't have a website, anyway, we are humming and hawing about wether to take our huge black lab as it is alot of money to send them there and he hates it in the summer here never mind in Oz. But i have heard that they are very good from other people who have posted on BE.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by herrchook

Gill
Sorry thought that was the correct address.
Will try and get it.

Beth
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by herrchook

Gill
Hi

Found their email address [email protected]

They are from Dunfermline in Scotland.

Went to them to get the dogs measured to make sure we had done it properly.

They where very surprised at the size of them.

Beth
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:01 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

oooops got mixed up, talked to you loads of times with bridie and the rest of the gang just mixed up dogs thought you had a pup.

john..

hi John think you were thinking of me I have pup called Tia!! LOL and spend a bit of time on Bridies site!!
If your dogs are due there boosters I think they have to have em without the leptosperosis part as they are tested for this before flying this can still show upto 3 to 6 months after!! Which is why we have to wait til June to go!!

Kris xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.