Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pet minding Service

Pet minding Service

Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:17 am
Just Joined

SJA1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pet minding Service

Just testing the waters to see if anyone offers a pet minding service in their own home, looking for an alternative to kennels.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet minding Service

Originally Posted by SJA1972
Just testing the waters to see if anyone offers a pet minding service in their own home, looking for an alternative to kennels.
Where are you?

I know of a good one on the Sunshine Coast.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

And I know a good one in western Melbourne.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

And I wonder if I know the same good one in Western burbs.

Try asking your local vet- they often have people they recommend. We have always used a pet sitting service as it works well and our sitter collects our mail/waters plants/puts bins out etc....and our cat is happy!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:29 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

We used this service:
http://www.dontfretpet.com.au/

..and they hooked us up with a a family who looked after our dog (along with their own) for a few days when we went away. It cost about the same as kennels, but Xena had a much more personal experience sleeping on a teenagers bed, mooching around with another dog and generally enjoying the family environment...

Of course its all luck of the draw though isnt it? Perhaps we just got a good host family?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:14 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I use don't fret pet sometimes - have had mostly good experiences. Also there is a service called home james who look after them in your own home. I try to get housesitters usually.

I know a fantastic lady in Sydney called Marian from Wags N Walks. She is also english but has been here for many many years. She works on stage scenery and looked after nelson for me for a year and we later became friends. Actually this reminds me I should call her.

What dog do you have?
Where are you living?

Vivienne
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: Colchester, Essex but hope to head to Bulli / Thirroul area.....
Bubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really nice

Originally Posted by DadAgain
We used this service:
http://www.dontfretpet.com.au/

..and they hooked us up with a a family who looked after our dog (along with their own) for a few days when we went away. It cost about the same as kennels, but Xena had a much more personal experience sleeping on a teenagers bed, mooching around with another dog and generally enjoying the family environment...

Of course its all luck of the draw though isnt it? Perhaps we just got a good host family?
I agree, we used "don't fret pet" on long weekends etc when a kennel was too much hassle. Our deaf cattle dog didn't want to come home!!! If you are anywhere near Cronulla / Gymea then Kylie who owns and runs "Walkies" is a fantastic dog walker and short term dog sitter - she's a vet nurse and a really lovely person too. Ned (the fat, deaf dog) seriously adored her...
In fact Ned loved everyone who fed him......