Pet Insurance

Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice
Default Pet Insurance

Hi,

Can anyone recommend the best company for pet insurance.

We have a three year old Beagle who will be coming with us to Australia in January.

Thanks
Jackie
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:57 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Insurance

Pet plan are here - not had to claim but their meant to be very good at sorting claims...

also they give a discount on extra animals added etc.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:58 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

We're with Petplan... Never had call to use them yet though...!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:24 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Pet plan are here - not had to claim but their meant to be very good at sorting claims...

also they give a discount on extra animals added etc.
We are with Petplan, thank god we haven't had to claim but I haven't heard anything bad about them.

I do believe you get a discount if you have 3 or more pets but am not sure. We pay about $31 a month for our Kelpie and about $20 a month for our cat - perhaps less I would need to check.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

binnz10 will become famous soon enoughbinnz10 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by noofie
Hi,

We have a three year old Beagle who will be coming with us to Australia in January.

Thanks
Jackie
I use Petcover.com.au. for my cat, I pay about $15 a month, and have $100 excess. Did have to claim twice, both times the claim has been dealt with very efficiently.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Hi,

Thanks
Jackie
We're with Petplan for our dog. Not had to claim yet - thank goodness!

Galba
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

I used Petplan in the UK & have just set up their cover for my puds from when they went into quarantine a few days ago - they seemed really helpful & replied to my emailed queries quickly
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Thanks
Jackie
We use Petplan for our German Shepherd, we have had to claim a few times and they were very easy to deal with, paid out no problems at all.
Tracie
Old Oct 31st 2008, 9:16 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.rspcapetinsurance.org.au/index.php

RSPCA - So your actually helping the organisation also. Claimed once, no hassle at all and always been very very good at answering questions etc.

Would highly recommend.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

Pet Plan are one of the best insurance companies around and I would say one of the best in Australia, not that there is much competition out there yet
Old Apr 13th 2009, 12:25 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know, I'm with 'MORETHAN' here in the UK for my Westie, I've been paying into the scheme for nearly 5 years, can I 'transfer' the policy over to Oz or would I have to start again?

Jen

(PS I've made no claims on the policy since it started, but she has had a hystiocytoma (prob spelt wrong) removed from her lower lip....)
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

LauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant future

I'm with RACQ. It only cost me $50 (approx) a year for 2 cats as I've got home contents insurance with them. Both cats had to have some teeth removed within a few months of us taking out this insurance and I didn't think we would be covered. I was pleasantly surprised to receive 2 cheques amounting to nearly $700 to cover the teeth extractions!

Laura

p.s. Just incase you're wondering if they have any teeth left, the answer is yes! But not many!! They were rescued cats and had a poor diet before they came to us which caused the tooth decay.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:09 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraV
I'm with RACQ. It only cost me $50 (approx) a year for 2 cats as I've got home contents insurance with them. Both cats had to have some teeth removed within a few months of us taking out this insurance and I didn't think we would be covered. I was pleasantly surprised to receive 2 cheques amounting to nearly $700 to cover the teeth extractions!

Laura

p.s. Just incase you're wondering if they have any teeth left, the answer is yes! But not many!! They were rescued cats and had a poor diet before they came to us which caused the tooth decay.
Aww poor wee things, I bet their breath smells just as lovely as my Westies, if not nicer, tee hee lots of kisses for you lol
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

LauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Aww poor wee things, I bet their breath smells just as lovely as my Westies, if not nicer, tee hee lots of kisses for you lol
Their breaths were honkin!!!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:19 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by LauraV
Their breaths were honkin!!!
Tee hee I bet...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.