Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pet Import Permit

Pet Import Permit

Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

IRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really nice
Default Pet Import Permit

Hi

I've just started filling out the import permit for our old mongrel (Spike) and find a section that asks for an Aussie address and contact number. Since we don't know anyone in Perth and haven't arranged a rental yet I don't know how to deal with this. We know that there is a waiting list for the quarantine kennels and that we have to get the permit before we can book the kennel. But it looks like we can't do either until we've got a permanent Aussie address. Can anyone who has been through this tell me how they worked around this catch 22?

Many Thanks
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pet Import Permit

We have recently imported our dog Timber to Sydney and we used a relative of my fiance as the mail address. They use the address to send an invoice once your dog has been in quarantine a couple of weeks. We contacted the quarantine station once Timber had arrived and changed the details to our rental address. Are you using a migration agent or employment agency that may let you use their address? Otherwise you could do with making friends with somebody in this website from Perth who may let you use their address! I used my recruitment agency as a mail address until we had set up in our rental.

Let me know if I can be of any further help, I know how much of a stress the whole process can be! Believe me it is well worth it in the end!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

IRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really nice

Thanks for the info ShonaLouise. We haven't used any agents so far. We may be able to ask some friends of friends in Aldelaide if they would let us use their address temporarily until we get there. I'll give that a try. Cheers.

Originally Posted by shonalouise
We have recently imported our dog Timber to Sydney and we used a relative of my fiance as the mail address. They use the address to send an invoice once your dog has been in quarantine a couple of weeks. We contacted the quarantine station once Timber had arrived and changed the details to our rental address. Are you using a migration agent or employment agency that may let you use their address? Otherwise you could do with making friends with somebody in this website from Perth who may let you use their address! I used my recruitment agency as a mail address until we had set up in our rental.

Let me know if I can be of any further help, I know how much of a stress the whole process can be! Believe me it is well worth it in the end!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Yeah, we just used my husband's work address. Any address will do I think....
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

jo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nice

Originally Posted by IRBaboon
Hi

I've just started filling out the import permit for our old mongrel (Spike) and find a section that asks for an Aussie address and contact number. Since we don't know anyone in Perth and haven't arranged a rental yet I don't know how to deal with this. We know that there is a waiting list for the quarantine kennels and that we have to get the permit before we can book the kennel. But it looks like we can't do either until we've got a permanent Aussie address. Can anyone who has been through this tell me how they worked around this catch 22?

Many Thanks

Hi there

We've just been through the same thing, a very kind person lent us her address until we arrive. If you're off to Perth, Byford Quarantine is booked up till mid Feb!! We've just had our cats booked in, not sure if its the same for dogs though?

We're off in Jan!!

Good luck x
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:30 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Would anyone in the Gold Coast would be kind enough to give us an address for our dog next year.

Thanks
Julie
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, we got the same message about Byford. Looks like we'll have to book him in to one of the the other kennels then fly him across after the quarantine. He's 14 years old. Sods law he'll pop his clogs in 6 months

Originally Posted by jo&neil
Hi there

We've just been through the same thing, a very kind person lent us her address until we arrive. If you're off to Perth, Byford Quarantine is booked up till mid Feb!! We've just had our cats booked in, not sure if its the same for dogs though?

We're off in Jan!!

Good luck x
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

jo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nice

Originally Posted by IRBaboon
Yeah, we got the same message about Byford. Looks like we'll have to book him in to one of the the other kennels then fly him across after the quarantine. He's 14 years old. Sods law he'll pop his clogs in 6 months
We think the same could happen to our cat, sadly he's got kidney failure but we can't leave him, so have spent a fortune on medication & getting his teeth done, plus flights & quarantine in Feb! Just hope he makes it!!

x