Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pet Flights Sydney/brisbane?

Pet Flights Sydney/brisbane?

Old May 20th 2006, 6:32 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Pet Flights Sydney/brisbane?

Has anyone transported there pet from quarantane in Sydney to Brisbane and how much did it cost/company used?? Thanks everyone. Pete.
Old May 20th 2006, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Flights Sydney/brisbane?

jetpets seem popular
The quarantine station will give you a list of shippers if you contact them.

Ali
Old May 20th 2006, 6:58 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alison1967
jetpets seem popular
The quarantine station will give you a list of shippers if you contact them.

Ali
We are going to use Airpets to get our cat from the uk to Sydney, but didnt know if we had to use another company to fly him upto Brisbane or if the quarantine station would be able to sort out a internal flight to put him on and then we could just piick him up at brissy airport? pete
Old May 20th 2006, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
We are going to use Airpets to get our cat from the uk to Sydney, but didnt know if we had to use another company to fly him upto Brisbane or if the quarantine station would be able to sort out a internal flight to put him on and then we could just piick him up at brissy airport? pete
Im going to Adelaide but holly is going to cat boot camp at melbourne.
The quarantine station won't arrange the flight to Adelaide but will give me a list of shippers. Some of the shippers even deliver to your door so saves you going to the airport.

Ali
Old May 21st 2006, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

Hi Pete

I am just going through the same thing at the moment. I have approached Par - Air they will ship to sydney but not onward move to Brisbane. I have just had this back from

Transpet Australia Pty Ltd
Phone - 612 9606 6655
Fax - 612 9606 6047
Email - [email protected]

On the day of their release, we would collect your dogs from the Eastern Creek Quarantine Station, transport them to Sydney airport and pay the airfreight charges to Brisbane. Upon their arrival at Brisbane airport, you would be required to collect your pets from the domestic cargo terminal. Alternatively, for an additional fee, we could arrange for them to be delivered directly to your new home.

Hope this helps

steve
Old May 21st 2006, 1:38 pm
brown eyes!

Originally Posted by steve & Heather
Hi Pete

I am just going through the same thing at the moment. I have approached Par - Air they will ship to sydney but not onward move to Brisbane. I have just had this back from

Transpet Australia Pty Ltd
Phone - 612 9606 6655
Fax - 612 9606 6047
Email - [email protected]

On the day of their release, we would collect your dogs from the Eastern Creek Quarantine Station, transport them to Sydney airport and pay the airfreight charges to Brisbane. Upon their arrival at Brisbane airport, you would be required to collect your pets from the domestic cargo terminal. Alternatively, for an additional fee, we could arrange for them to be delivered directly to your new home.

Hope this helps

steve
Hi Steve, thanks for that I will give them an email. Can I ask how much did they quote you?

Pete.
Old May 21st 2006, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

Hi Steve, thanks for that I will give them an email. Can I ask how much did they quote you?

Pete.
Hi Pete

Our fee to Brisbane airport is $808.00 on a weekday, $884.00 on a Saturday or $918.00 on a Sunday - depending on the day of their release from quarantine. All fees include GST and are in Australian Dollars.

Steve
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:26 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I've just seen this post and the completely horrific fee that people have been quoted for transport from Sydney to Brisbane. $800!!!!! I think they saw you coming!

I transported my Doberman from Sydney to Brisbane (he is so big that the crate would not fit on an internal flight and had to wait for a 747 which had more room!) for $327. So thats about $500 less!!!!!!!!!!

They collected him from Sydney and I picked him up at Domestic Terminal Brisbane. Very professional and good and all I needed to do was provide a letter of authority.

Contact details - Dogtainers www.dogtainers.com.au

How people can charge $800 is amazing!

Heres a copy and paste of the original quote which I got

Thank you for the opportunity to provide you with a cost to transport your Doberman from Eastern Creek Quarantine Station to Brisbane.

Total cost: $327.00 (this quotation is valid for a period of ninety (90) days.

Please note that all quarantine fees must be paid prior to collection and an authorization letter allowing us to collect your pet from quarantine must be written. A faxed copy of both of these is to be sent to us prior to collection.

This quotation includes:
• Collection from Eastern Creek Quarantine station and delivery to the Sydney airport
• Basic Airline charges.
• Freight charges from Airport to Airport

Our Alternative services available:
• Delivery to your residence
• The hire of an IATA approved Travel Container delivered to the airport.
• Overnight or Extended boarding at our own Professionally Managed Kennels at Ellengrove
• A courtesy Hydro bath during the stay.
• Collection or Delivery to our Kennels.
• A comfort stop for your pet can be provided during an extended transship at the airport.

It is highly recommended that all pets be vaccinated prior to travel. If your pet is staying in our boarding facilities, vaccinations must be current and proof will be required at booking.

Our daily boarding fees are:
• All dogs $15.50 per day inc GST.
• All cats $12.00 per day inc GST.

For your Information:
Our vans are designed for Pet Travel and can be temperature controlled and maintained for the comfort of your pet.
All pets are required to be lodged at the airport 90 minutes prior to flight departure time, and travel in a temperature controlled area of a passenger plane.
Large dogs will travel in secure wire mesh pet cages while smaller dogs and cats travel in plastic pet packs. Both are well ventilated and designed for Australian conditions.
Old May 22nd 2006, 1:49 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone transported there pet from quarantane in Sydney to Brisbane and how much did it cost/company used?? Thanks everyone. Pete.

Try Dogtainers quoted approx $250 weekday and $350 weekend using container pet came in.

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 22nd 2006, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

got quote from jetpets today.

Melbourne quarantine to airport, virgin blue flight and deliver to house $288.24
So will be using these guys.

Ali
Old May 23rd 2006, 7:31 pm
brown eyes!

Originally Posted by Alison1967
got quote from jetpets today.

Melbourne quarantine to airport, virgin blue flight and deliver to house $288.24
So will be using these guys.

Ali
We have just had a quote from dogtainers after seeing a reply on this thread and its only $210.00 and an extra $50 if its a weekend, Sydney pick up from quarantine, putting on the plane and paying airfares and then we will pick him(cat) up ourselves from brissy airport. Thought this was not bad really. Pete.
Old May 23rd 2006, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have just had a quote from dogtainers after seeing a reply on this thread and its only $210.00 and an extra $50 if its a weekend, Sydney pick up from quarantine, putting on the plane and paying airfares and then we will pick him(cat) up ourselves from brissy airport. Thought this was not bad really. Pete.
Sounds like you got a bargain, best of luck to you and the moggy

Ali
Old May 27th 2006, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi all

Please remember that my quote was for two large German shepherds. So that would work out at $400 each. Still going to pettrainers for quote.

Steve
Old May 28th 2006, 7:50 am
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about

We flew our dog to Brisbane from sydney with JetPets and it cost us about $450.00
Old May 28th 2006, 9:38 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

We phoned Dogtainers and got a quote of roughly $350 from Sydney quarantine to the door at The Gold Coast. I phoned back a day later and the price jumped to $450+ which I obviously queried.

It turned out the original quote was to get the dog to Coolangatta Airport, NOT to the door, but as it was their mistake they honoured the original quote and mutley was bought to the door for $350 odd! ...