British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Pet Export Poll (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pet-export-poll-364155/)

Cheetah7 Mar 28th 2006 2:51 pm

Pet Export Poll

In a follow up to Hutch's excellent thread on pet export, I thought I would do a poll as I would be interested to know peoples opinions of each company.

So far for me, Par Air came up with the best quote, although Jets4Pets was a hundred more to ship Gordon and I think that was paperwork included.

It will be interesting to see how people vote (those that have exported their pet)

SunshineGirl Mar 28th 2006 2:55 pm

Re: Pet Export Poll

I'd be interested too as it's next on my list to investigate ...

Cheetah7 Mar 28th 2006 3:02 pm

At least I dont have to measure my cat, that is something. Although he is a fat bastard. :p

Stitch Mar 28th 2006 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
In a follow up to Hutch's excellent thread on pet export, I thought I would do a poll as I would be interested to know peoples opinions of each company.

So far for me, Par Air came up with the best quote, although Jets4Pets was a hundred more to ship Gordon and I think that was paperwork included.

It will be interesting to see how people vote (those that have exported their pet)

We used a Scottish company.... Pet Travel Services who to date have been excellent. www.pettravelservices.co.uk

Cheers

Ginny

Cheetah7 Mar 28th 2006 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Stitch
We used a Scottish company.... Pet Travel Services who to date have been excellent. www.pettravelservices.co.uk

Cheers

Ginny

That is worth knowing, although not for me as im down south.

Shame I cant put it in the poll.

beachgal Mar 28th 2006 8:13 pm

Ditto for me too - Pet Travel services in Dunfermline! They got my dog here in beautiful condition with no hitches whatsoever - they were helpful and friendly every step of the way - wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

BG :)

Alison1967 Mar 28th 2006 8:35 pm

Using Golden Arrow as it came highly reccomended by a friend, just need to sell house and away she goes................................... to Spotwood

zbettyboop Mar 28th 2006 9:14 pm

We used Pet Travel in Dunfernline in Scotland.

Beth :)

Larissa Mar 29th 2006 12:07 am

Did it ourselves, couldn't fault ourselves... except that hubby arranged it all so I haven't got a clue what to do :D x
Anyone interested? Do a search for Fogmeister, he helped us a lot.

Polyphemus Mar 29th 2006 11:01 am

Vale vets are a veterinary cartel, not exporters - organised middle-men. Good advert for them tho'

68MEVY Mar 29th 2006 9:11 pm

We self did all the paperwork so all we paid the company, Animal Airlines for were final vet checks, the flight and transport to quarantine. However we could not fault the service and we did get about GBP300 knocked off the price as we haggled a little. I think we paid GBP2079, this was for a large german shepherd.

Marie

Cheetah7 Mar 29th 2006 9:13 pm

I might look into doing it myself I reckon.

Hutch Mar 29th 2006 9:16 pm

Who we go with depends on the time frame. If we have the luxury of a couple of months to sort it, then we'll go with Golden Arrow - otherwise we'll be using Jets4Pets on account of their ability to turn things round quickly. :)

walla Mar 29th 2006 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

have you PM'd Deb Sam?

she brought 2 dogs across and went through a bit of angst...

Cheetah7 Mar 30th 2006 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by walla
have you PM'd Deb Sam?

she brought 2 dogs across and went through a bit of angst...

Ill pm her.

Thanks for that Walla.

I found a cheap one but have heard not so nice things, so wont be using them.