pet containers

Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default pet containers

hi there,moving to perth in dec this year,taking my dog{italian spinone}with me, he's a fair size dog so i expect quite a large container for him to travel in,my question is, what do you do with container once dog has arrived?do you leave it at the airport or do you arrange to uplift it?appreciate any advice.thanks,martin.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: pet containers

Originally Posted by fitz
hi there,moving to perth in dec this year,taking my dog{italian spinone}with me, he's a fair size dog so i expect quite a large container for him to travel in,my question is, what do you do with container once dog has arrived?do you leave it at the airport or do you arrange to uplift it?appreciate any advice.thanks,martin.
Martin assuming that things are no different over in Perth, when bringing over your dog it will be collected from the airport in it's container by someone other than yourself (quarantine staff probably) and taken to the quarantine centre. Once your dogs 'time' is up and you go to get it, your dog should be sitting in its box waiting to go. At the Sydney centre there were half a dozen large dog boxes left laying about abandoned in the car park each time we visited. Hope this helps.

Regards Scot
Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:48 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fitz
Hi there

We brought our 2 cats to Melbourne & they traveled from LHR all the way to the quarrantine station here in a double-sized pet container. When we collected them from quarantine, the AQIS staff asked us if we would like to take the container with us; as we had paid for it as part of the shipping, of course we said yes!

It is a very solid wooden crate, and is now serving sterling service as a TV stand, until we get round to buying a proper one!

My advice: take the container home with you, anyway - you've paid for it, and there are a number of potential uses for it, not just as a pet carrier .

Good luck with the move!

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

hi there,thanks for the info,as you say i paid for it so i may as well find some use for it,the only problem i see is that i don't see it fitting in the car so i'll no doubt need to hire a van to take it home,thanks,martin.