Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pest Control - Gold Coast

Pest Control - Gold Coast

Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pest Control - Gold Coast

Does anyone have any recommendations for a pest control business on the Gold Coast. Our place needs it's yearly spray and the Yellow Pages have frazzled my brain Don't want to use someone who is useless - I'm odd like that
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pest Control - Gold Coast

Oh and does anyone know if the so called enviromental stuff actually works. Not convinced. I know some people worry about chemicals and kids but I'm not one of them - sorry but would like anyone's comments.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:39 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Oh and does anyone know if the so called enviromental stuff actually works. Not convinced. I know some people worry about chemicals and kids but I'm not one of them - sorry but would like anyone's comments.
Probably useless info but a mate rang up the poisons hotline cos he was worried about the effects a roach bomb could have on his 6 month old.
The reply was to the effect that even if you ingested the contents straight from the can, the worst to expect would be an upset tum.
I wouldn't recommend trying that though.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by gedge
Probably useless info but a mate rang up the poisons hotline cos he was worried about the effects a roach bomb could have on his 6 month old.
The reply was to the effect that even if you ingested the contents straight from the can, the worst to expect would be an upset tum.
It's ok, I don't have a six month old to hand
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:03 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gedge
It's not the immediate affect we should be worried about, but the long term exposure to the nasty chemicals. Some are very carcinogenic even at micro levels. I only know this because my husband works in water/land contamination and if he catches me with a cockroach spray he goes ballistic.

We had a terrible ant problem in our house (found my daughter's cot full of them one afternoon - with her in it!!!!) so had to have the house sprayed. Nothing I tried got anywhere near them.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by webgum
It's not the immediate affect we should be worried about, but the long term exposure to the nasty chemicals. Some are very carcinogenic even at micro levels. I only know this because my husband works in water/land contamination and if he catches me with a cockroach spray he goes ballistic.

We had a terrible ant problem in our house (found my daughter's cot full of them one afternoon - with her in it!!!!) so had to have the house sprayed. Nothing I tried got anywhere near them.
EEEEEEEK I am sure that freaked you out. My baby spat out half a dead bug this am. He had eaten the bottom half. Yuck.

I do worry about the effect on him of eating bugs that have been killed by poison. I phoned the poison help line for advice and they said the amount of poison in one bug is so small that it shouldn't hurt him. I asked them their advice as to spraying and they said it was a matter of weighing it up, ie if your house is full of roaches then you need it done to take precautions and have baby out of the house and air it before bringing them home.

So far we haven't had a big roach problem. Hopefully they stay at bay at least until my bubs is bigger.

Katie
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:11 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Pen, try Amalgamated Pest Control - large company, good service, backup if you need it respraying etc & well known.

I use them for our houses & have found them good.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Pen, try Amalgamated Pest Control - large company, good service, backup if you need it respraying etc & well known.

I use them for our houses & have found them good.
Had seen their web site and thought they looked ok but you can never be sure. Thanks will give them a ring.