Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pest Control - Fremantle

Pest Control - Fremantle

Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:50 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Pest Control - Fremantle

I have found a couple of redback spiders in my house - albeit dead from surface spray.

Now I don't know anything about them but I have read that left untreated, a redback spider can be fatal in cats which worries me as Gordon is quite curious in the house and if he were bitten then it could be hours before he was found.

Gordon is naturally wary of the insects - except silver fish and he has learned to bat them around and squash them.

I really would rather he wasn't bitten by a redback spider and although I have sprayed the house with bagone(?), I am looking into getting the house sprayed professionally.

If we didn't have the cat it wouldn't be such an issue, but I can't risk him being bitten - we both work and wouldn't be able to remove spiders as we saw them.

Does anyone have the names or anything of a pest control in Fremantle?

How long does it last once you have had the house sprayed?

Thanks in advance, I am only trying to protect my ginger one and don't like killing things but I want to take steps to protect my cat.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pest Control - Fremantle

PP,
Any pest/termite control company will spray for spiders. Just call the company closest to where you live.
On my annual termite inspection, I get a spider spray done in my loft and have found that for a couple of days after the spray I get a few spiders in the house, mostly daddy long legs and huntsmen. Neither is poisonous. We do get lots of redbacks, but mostly outside the house...a shoe normally takes care of them!!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:31 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have found a couple of redback spiders in my house - albeit dead from surface spray.

Now I don't know anything about them but I have read that left untreated, a redback spider can be fatal in cats which worries me as Gordon is quite curious in the house and if he were bitten then it could be hours before he was found.

Gordon is naturally wary of the insects - except silver fish and he has learned to bat them around and squash them.

I really would rather he wasn't bitten by a redback spider and although I have sprayed the house with bagone(?), I am looking into getting the house sprayed professionally.

If we didn't have the cat it wouldn't be such an issue, but I can't risk him being bitten - we both work and wouldn't be able to remove spiders as we saw them.

Thanks in advance, I am only trying to protect my ginger one and don't like killing things but I want to take steps to protect my cat.
Very unusual to have redbacks indoors, they're normally and outdoor fider.
If you are in rented accom would the landlord be amenable?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:03 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Im found them right by my back door - (dead). God knows where they are coming from.

I shall speak to the agent and see who/what they suggest.

The other day I found a chunky little chap - jet black spider with thick legs - funny little thing he was, he wasnt very big, don't know what kind of spider though, he didn't move very fast.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:48 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I recall that program, moving downunder or whatever it was called... showed a uk family, moved to perth and had redbacks in their bathroom ( highset home ) bathroom upstairs.

Never myself seen a redback inside.

I think, most cats n dogs, have the nouse to know what bites stings and hurts.

Wouldnt be too concerned.

Ste

Most cats venture outside, id be more concerned your cat got eaten by a croc whilst shitting in someone elses veggie patch
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:55 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Just have a look in local free paper Sam, there will be plenty of ads for pest control there.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I recall that program, moving downunder or whatever it was called... showed a uk family, moved to perth and had redbacks in their bathroom ( highset home ) bathroom upstairs.

Never myself seen a redback inside.

I think, most cats n dogs, have the nouse to know what bites stings and hurts.

Wouldnt be too concerned.

Ste

Most cats venture outside, id be more concerned your cat got eaten by a croc whilst shitting in someone elses veggie patch

I dont let my cat go outside at all, have a few parrots that come in the garden and I would hate it if he killed anything.

Hes always been an indoor cat.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Just have a look in local free paper Sam, there will be plenty of ads for pest control there.
I might ask the agent to recommend somone
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
We had 2 of them come inside through the lights! well you know the space around the globe. Reckon they were in the roof space, so OH chucked a bomb up there, and so far so good We're in rented and when I asked they said "oh you can't stop them!" I suggested them spraying in the loft and they said it can't be done
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

dave wood will become famous soon enough

I might ask the agent to recommend somone
hi,we stayed with an english family in coogee in november and they run a pest control business.I've forgot the company name but their home phone number is [from britain] 0061 8 9437 3044 and sure Gary will be happy to help you.Good luck!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:28 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Just a bit off topic, I haven't posted on here in a while.................you finally made it, well done!

Did your husband find work ok? If you need any contacts just drop me a line...hope it's all you hoped it would be..........

Dave
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by dave wood
hi,we stayed with an english family in coogee in november and they run a pest control business.I've forgot the company name but their home phone number is [from britain] 0061 8 9437 3044 and sure Gary will be happy to help you.Good luck!
Thanks for that, I shall keep that number

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Just a bit off topic, I haven't posted on here in a while.................you finally made it, well done!

Did your husband find work ok? If you need any contacts just drop me a line...hope it's all you hoped it would be..........

Dave
Hi Dave, yep we finally made it

Mr PP started off at a crappy job in North Fremantle, they said they didnt need him anymore after they asked him to do a ten hour day and Mr PP asked if he could have a five minute break.

They only paid him for about half the hours he did when he did over 30, he has sent them an email saying pay up for I will seek legal advice, but they are quite happy to only pay him 18 hours.

So we need to go to CAB to get the mone that is owed - and we will as well. I won't name the restaurant, but the staff turnover is high.

Anyway, he has a much better job in the CBD and is more than happy there - so far so good.

I started my new job last week, it is more involved than my last job and at the moment a bit daunting but its a case of being the new girl and that is always hard, I shall be better when I know what I am doing.

I just wish we didnt have to fight for the couple of hundred dollars that Mr PP is owed but it would be stupid to let it go.