Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pest control????

pest control????

Old Jun 28th 2006, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default pest control????

Hi, we have just moved to Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast and was wondering if any one has used pest control and if they have who did they use and how much would it set us back to get our house sprayed.

Hubby said he would do it himself with mortein but if its cheap enough to have it done professionally then I would prefer that way then I know its done properly if you know what I mean.

Thankyou

LibbyX
Old Jun 28th 2006, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all
Default Re: pest control????

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Hi, we have just moved to Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast and was wondering if any one has used pest control and if they have who did they use and how much would it set us back to get our house sprayed.

Hubby said he would do it himself with mortein but if its cheap enough to have it done professionally then I would prefer that way then I know its done properly if you know what I mean.

Thankyou

LibbyX
Hi Libby, We have just had a quote for $180.00 to do our next week. Most people I know here have it done once a year and it is very effective.HTH.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LesleyM
Hi Libby, We have just had a quote for $180.00 to do our next week. Most people I know here have it done once a year and it is very effective.HTH.
Hi Lesley,

Hubby said to quote....Thats bl**dy expensive, but has now come round to my way of thinking. Do they do inside and out??

Thankyou

LibbyX
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Hi Lesley,

Hubby said to quote....Thats bl**dy expensive, but has now come round to my way of thinking. Do they do inside and out??

Thankyou

LibbyX
Yes Libby they do inside and out. It might be worth you phoning around for a few quotes and asking them what chemicals they use and do they do inside and out. I think the pest control usually do both anyway. Talking about expensive I was asking about how much it costs to do the termite barrier around the house and that is approximately $3000.00 plus
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes Libby they do inside and out. It might be worth you phoning around for a few quotes and asking them what chemicals they use and do they do inside and out. I think the pest control usually do both anyway. Talking about expensive I was asking about how much it costs to do the termite barrier around the house and that is approximately $3000.00 plus
Cheers Lesley.

Will do some phoning round today. Glad we are renting and not having to consider termite barriers, hubby would have a fit bless him.

LibbyX
Old Jun 29th 2006, 8:21 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Look in your local paper for your area,we did & for inside & outside (basic flea,cockie,spider treatment) it cost us $80.

Donna.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 9:46 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately that would be the going rate for termites. In the flat that I lived in, I found termites and the landlord got the termite bloke to do around a two flat block-cost $2100 and that was four years ago. Just make sure the firm is reputable though.

Last edited by The Bloke; Jun 29th 2006 at 11:00 am.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Unfortunately that would be the going rate for termites. In the flat that I lived in,m I found termites and the landlord got the termite bloke to do around a two flat block-cost $2100 and that was four years ago. Just make sure the firm is reputable though.
Thankfully I don't need it done straight away. Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 8:19 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madsad
Look in your local paper for your area,we did & for inside & outside (basic flea,cockie,spider treatment) it cost us $80.

Donna.
Does that include termites Donna and if so PM me the number please.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by annqldau
Does that include termites Donna and if so PM me the number please.
At $80 I dont think they could even afford to put a touch of milk into the water before they "spray" for termites.

WW
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

We did have it done by a company from Pacific Pines and he charged us $175. Since we had it done we have had nothing in the house at all, not even a daddy long leg spider.
My hubby being the cynical one thought he might be using water on the outside of the house, but later on that day we had all sort of dead things on the walls outside.
If any one wants his number PM me.

LibbyX
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

RogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura about

We pay $100 per annum for external termites and spiders etc. Good value, very rarely have any insects in the house either.
Roger
Old Jul 25th 2006, 7:33 am

We did have it done by a company from Pacific Pines and he charged us $175. Since we had it done we have had nothing in the house at all, not even a daddy long leg spider.
My hubby being the cynical one thought he might be using water on the outside of the house, but later on that day we had all sort of dead things on the walls outside.
If any one wants his number PM me.

LibbyX
Pacific Pines is a bit far from me Madsad closer...PS Madsad we need to arrange that drink.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:09 am
Oz here we are!!!

JoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really nice

As someone who is a little wary about all the bugs and spiders in Oz this thread makes me very happy indeed!

Wherever we live will be getting anti-bug sprayed as soon as humanly possible (and sod the cost)!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:16 am

Wink Re: pest control????

Originally Posted by JoandStuV
As someone who is a little wary about all the bugs and spiders in Oz this thread makes me very happy indeed!

Wherever we live will be getting anti-bug sprayed as soon as humanly possible (and sod the cost)!
You better spray or you will be freaked out... remember the size of a house brick!!!

Double click the pics to get a better look :scared: :scared: :scared: . All were taken in our house both the present one and the one we used to rent.
Attached Thumbnails pest control????-spider-big.jpg   pest control????-ceilingspider.jpg   pest control????-huntsman-spider.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.