Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth's going downhill

Perth's going downhill

Old May 6th 2004, 7:37 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth's going downhill

I saw my first Burberry baseball hat today:scared:
Old May 6th 2004, 7:38 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth's going downhill

Originally posted by renth
Chavs in town. How much did it cost ya?
Old May 6th 2004, 7:47 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Chavs in town. How much did it cost ya?
What's Chavs?

This abomination certainly wasn't on my head.
Old May 6th 2004, 7:49 am

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=chavs
http://www.chavscum.co.uk/howto.html

From Web Site

Sportswear
Baseball Cap
What can I say? I'm convinced that male Chavs are issued with a Baseball Cap at birth! Disregard caps worn at a jaunty angle or back to front, the Chav will use his cap peak to conceal his identity to the max! Look out for the particularly hideous Burberry variant as pictured left!

Last edited by bondipom; May 6th 2004 at 7:51 am.
Old May 6th 2004, 8:03 am

Old May 6th 2004, 8:03 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=chavs
http://www.chavscum.co.uk/howto.html

From Web Site

Sportswear
Baseball Cap
What can I say? I'm convinced that male Chavs are issued with a Baseball Cap at birth! Disregard caps worn at a jaunty angle or back to front, the Chav will use his cap peak to conceal his identity to the max! Look out for the particularly hideous Burberry variant as pictured left!
So MEN wear this????
I thought it was a nice cap...for girls (not me though)
But I guess you guys have a ''negative' association with it, so see it totally different
Old May 6th 2004, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Old May 6th 2004, 8:40 am

Has there been a noticable increase in joy riding in Perth?
Old May 6th 2004, 10:28 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by Simone82
So MEN wear this????
I thought it was a nice cap...for girls (not me though)
But I guess you guys have a ''negative' association with it, so see it totally different
It's the standard uniform of the English soccer hooligan. Burberry is banned in lots of pubs in the UK.
Old May 6th 2004, 10:32 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

It's the standard uniform of the English soccer hooligan. Burberry is banned in lots of pubs in the UK.
wow!

I really see burberry as sort of chique, and girl/womanish.
How funny!!
Old May 6th 2004, 10:44 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

So I shouldnt be bringing my stone island, prada, armani, paul and shark, paul smith or cp company clobber with me to Oz then!!!!

But then again might as well stick it in as I saw non of this stuff for sale in Brissie. Thought fashion was a disaster in Oz.

TT

Old May 6th 2004, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Jeez don't tell me that was on campus!
Old May 6th 2004, 1:36 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by Nibbs
Jeez don't tell me that was on campus!
Oh yeah, Nibbs, how's the job??

I'm checking the vacancies page everyweek, and I've now seen something I could apply for (all the essentials I qualify for). I have to apply for May 18 I think(or 30). But I'm so busy, and I still have to translate my whole CV, and make it 'Australian'! And then right a letter, oh and get references (aarghhhh, I don't want to!!!)
So.......................
Old May 6th 2004, 3:19 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

I use to have a Burberry Jacket back in the 80's when I use to watch Nottingham Forest in the Trent end with all my girly mates!! It was cool back then and still is. Not everyone that wears it fights at football!! lol Just a few!

Tricky Tree, you can get Ralph Lauren in Myers but thats about it. Nothing else, they aren't into designer wear like Stone Island etc.

They like Billabong and all the surf gear. They sell Paul Frank though, and there is a shop in Hockley that's just started to sell it. Got a monkey face on the design.

Last edited by janeyray; May 6th 2004 at 4:12 pm.
Old May 6th 2004, 3:37 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

No SI or anything!!!!!
What am I gonna wear????
Looks more like a fashion show on the terraces of Forest now if you aint wearing a grands worth of clothes you just aint at the races.

Your telling me they aint into their fashion tried to explain to the other half and her folks how I could justify spending £500 ($1200) on a SI coat while they just stared at me bewildered.

Perhaps I see a niche in the market for Oz.

TT

Originally posted by janeyray
I use to have a Burberry Jacket back in the 80's when I use to watch Nottingham Forest in the Trent end with all my girly mates!! It was cool back then and still is. Not everyone that wears it fights at football!! lol Just a few!

Tricky Tree, you can get Ralph Loren in Myers but thats about it. Nothing else, they aren't into designer wear like Stone Island etc.

They like Billabong and all the surf gear. They sell Paul Frank though, and there is a shop in Hockley that's just started to sell it. Got a monkey face on the design.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.