Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perths full could Immo's please move elsewhere

Perths full could Immo's please move elsewhere

Old Jul 18th 2003, 1:31 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perths full could Immo's please move elsewhere

The locals are fed up with the newcomers outsrippping infrastructure , so if you refugges could plant your arse elsewhere it would help .

Stop the growth

WITH the population-growth forecast for Perth over the next 30 years, I can't help but wonder where all these people are going to live. Oh yes, that's right, they just clear more old-growth bush for the housing developments.

All these big companies are making money out of land development but they have no consideration for the bush. On the other hand, the timber industry regenerates what it logs for future generations and job stability and what does it get for it? Less resource and no future for the industry.

If I was the Government I would be doing something about population growth so that we are not putting pressure on our environment.
RAELENE OSBOINE, Manjimup.

Old Jul 18th 2003, 1:35 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perths full could Immo's please move elsewhere

Originally posted by pommie bastard
The locals are fed up with the newcomers outsrippping infrastructure , so if you refugges could plant your arse elsewhere it would help .

Stop the growth

WITH the population-growth forecast for Perth over the next 30 years, I can't help but wonder where all these people are going to live. Oh yes, that's right, they just clear more old-growth bush for the housing developments.

All these big companies are making money out of land development but they have no consideration for the bush. On the other hand, the timber industry regenerates what it logs for future generations and job stability and what does it get for it? Less resource and no future for the industry.

If I was the Government I would be doing something about population growth so that we are not putting pressure on our environment.

Where's Raelene live then?...didn't destroy any part of the environment to build HER house...
Old Jul 18th 2003, 1:43 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
Where's Raelene live then?...didn't destroy any part of the environment to build HER house...
NIMBYs are a problem world wide.

Old Jul 18th 2003, 1:46 am
Not here

NIMBYs are a problem world wide.

Yeh...the amazing thing is they don't get it! You can explain the inconsitency in their argument but the hypocrisy is beyond them.
Old Jul 18th 2003, 1:50 am
Banned

Yeh...the amazing thing is they don't get it! You can explain the inconsitency in their argument but the hypocrisy is beyond them.
Paradise for some would contain few people and for some others it would be living in a large city.
If a land area is worth living in then its worth developing.

Old Jul 18th 2003, 1:59 am
Not here

Paradise for some would contain few people and for some others it would be living in a large city.
If a land area is worth living in then its worth developing.

True...One thing (not trying to be derogatory here) I feel when in the UK is a certain amount of decay.

What's your view on Heritage buildings and protection?

My view is, document them then knock 'em down. One thing they do here which irks me is keep the facade and build a new building inside. I find that rediculous.
Old Jul 18th 2003, 2:19 am
Banned

True...One thing (not trying to be derogatory here) I feel when in the UK is a certain amount of decay.

What's your view on Heritage buildings and protection?

My view is, document them then knock 'em down. One thing they do here which irks me is keep the facade and build a new building inside. I find that rediculous.
I was and will be a National Trust member so I do want history retained , the decay in the UK is 1960-1980 shite buildings that have no place in the UK.
Joondalup is building same 1970 style rubbish that has not stood the test of time in the UK , Prince Charlie was right .

Old Jul 18th 2003, 2:50 am
Not here

I was and will be a National Trust member so I do want history retained , the decay in the UK is 1960-1980 shite buildings that have no place in the UK.
Joondalup is building same 1970 style rubbish that has not stood the test of time in the UK , Prince Charlie was right .

I remember Billy Connolly comparing the Glasgow housing estate building he lived in, and which had since been demolished, and the pub where he went for a drink built in 1542 (I just made that up as I can't remember the exact date).

"What did they know about building houses in 1542 that they don't know now?"
Old Jul 18th 2003, 2:53 am
Banned

I remember Billy Connolly comparing the Glasgow housing estate building he lived in, and which had since been demolished, and the pub where he went for a drink built in 1542 (I just made that up as I can't remember the exact date).

"What did they know about building houses in 1542 that they don't know now?"
Having seen the poor housing thrown up in the 1960-70s I would say 1542 was way ahead in building good homes.
If a building can last a few hundred years its proved its worth.

Old Jul 20th 2003, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

kaleb777 is an unknown quantity at this point

They're called apartment buildings. The idea is that you can fit more people into the same space.

Even with sprawl, Perth is a dot on the map of Australia. So what if it triples in area? I don't thik even Aussies realize how big Australia is.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

'WITH the population-growth forecast for Perth over the next 30 years'

Must be all the good publicity you give the place PB!!lol!!

mandy
Old Jul 20th 2003, 12:43 pm
Genyornis

"And One Drought to rule them all."

Old Jul 20th 2003, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

kaleb777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Genyornis
"And One Drought to rule them all."
She'll be right mate!
Old Jul 20th 2003, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

SimonC is an unknown quantity at this point

Stop the growth

I didn't know they could write in Manjimup - has changed a lot then since I was there last!
Old Jul 20th 2003, 11:42 pm
Banned

Originally posted by kaleb777
They're called apartment buildings. The idea is that you can fit more people into the same space.

Even with sprawl, Perth is a dot on the map of Australia. So what if it triples in area? I don't thik even Aussies realize how big Australia is.
Or how little is worth living in or can support life , you have little idea about WA and its problems.

WATER restrictions in WA would become permanent under legislation to be introduced into State Parliament next month.

The move - by Independent MP Phillip Pendal - would cement existing year-round restrictions which limit sprinkler use to specific days of the week.

It would also introduce a sliding scale of more severe restrictions which would be put in place when needed.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030721/n...sto105754.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.