Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth's Cooler Than Average Summer

Perth's Cooler Than Average Summer

Old Feb 17th 2018, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth's Cooler Than Average Summer

After experiencing the hottest November month on record, a mild summer has left beaches relatively empty and out water use billions of litres below forecasts.

The mercury usually tops 40C three times. The hottest day this summer was January 14 when Perth toped 38C.

If we get to the end of February, without hitting 40C, which seems more than likely, it will be our first summer in 16 years to do so.

Weather forecasts pre summer were well of the mark, with their predictions of a hot summer.

Business is not good for pool sales and repairs apparently. I'd say the temperature has been near perfect for most of summer. But agree the beach going public have been less on the ground this year. Actually I find far les tourists and back packers around. The vibe generally rather subdued. I suspect the down turn is still leaving its mark, regardless of attempts to talk up the economy.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth's Cooler Than Average Summer

I haven't seen stats but from here say believe the East Coast is rather contrary to WA....with a large number of stinkers.....
Old Feb 17th 2018, 11:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I have loved the cooler summer. Sleeping with windows open instead of aircon is a bonus for me. Today's forecast is for only 26 which is ideal since I'm painting the garage door and putting the second coat on the gutters.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Me too. This year the Perth summer has been close to ideal. Still plenty warm enough to swim in the ocean and find it peculiar that numbers of beach goers are down. Do people really go to the beach when the mercury hovers around the 40C mark?
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No records going to be broken this year. But a late spurt of heat coming in this week. I believe a 37 expected later in the week. Lovely summer as far as I'm concerned. Who needs over 40 degrees? Hopefully autumn proves equally as pleasant.

Perth weather, quite possibly among the best in the world...
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well rather humid tonight. Summer has certainly made a continuing presence with Autumn well under way. Although it usually stays rather warm until after St Patricks Day. A week or so after that.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Well rather humid tonight. Summer has certainly made a continuing presence with Autumn well under way. Although it usually stays rather warm until after St Patricks Day. A week or so after that.
There's a cool sort of mist that's rolled in. The sky is red and with the sea mist it's sort of eerie. Thankfully the temperature has dropped a few degrees.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A great start to Autumn weather wise. It didn't quite get up to the original forecast temperature the other day of 36. Seem to recall it was under 34 so I suspect the heat is over for another year.

I find it great beach weather this time of year, providing no wind in. Yesterday was fantastic down at North Fremantle with only a smallish number of people enjoying the experience.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 12:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a warmer than usual summer with humidity levels on a par to what Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast normally have. There's a reason I don't live up there! Normally just get one or two 35 plus days, this summer there's been a quite a few. Mind you we've still had the duvet on the bed.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Was it the hottest day of the year yesterday in Perth? I think it got to 38. I know last night was darn hot, in a humid way laying in bed. Not complaining though as don't mind the heat. Today supposed to be similar, sure rather humid, but unusually grey skies. Big drops forecast from tomorrow.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 2:21 am
Still alive

Was it the hottest day of the year yesterday in Perth? I think it got to 38. I know last night was darn hot, in a humid way laying in bed. Not complaining though as don't mind the heat. Today supposed to be similar, sure rather humid, but unusually grey skies. Big drops forecast from tomorrow.
It's been raining here in East Perth. The sky is very cloudy this morning.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Indeed. Although rather humid. I got caught in a rather heavy down pour earlier this morning between the Art Gallery and State Library. Nice to see a spot of rain though. Cooler forecast for coming days. Is this the last of the hot spells this season?
Old Apr 15th 2018, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Summer back tomorrow and following day. Two 30 plus days in a row.....Great stuff. Adore a few autumn sizzlers. Beach great today with a 28 and a good crowd by midday.

Certainly a positive factor with life in Perth.....
Old Apr 15th 2018, 10:41 am
Still alive

Summer back tomorrow and following day. Two 30 plus days in a row.....Great stuff. Adore a few autumn sizzlers. Beach great today with a 28 and a good crowd by midday.

Certainly a positive factor with life in Perth.....
I'm hoping the warm temperatures stick around for a bit. My sister is coming over on the 24th and she would like to go to the beach.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Long may the cooler summers continue. Has been luscious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.