Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perthites, missing person help

Perthites, missing person help

Old May 13th 2005, 1:10 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Perthites, missing person help

Originally Posted by freckles
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help, as we are still based in Holland. It is really touching to see so many people try and help someone they dont even know. Restores a bit of faith in humankind hey?
Sonja and Eric
Agh keep coming to dead ends, the companies on the ASIC website would have to be an ACN or WA number to trade in WA so that eliminates them all as they are all de registered.

I called Fremantle port thinking maybe someone who clears shipments when they arive might recognise the name but the bitch on the phone gave me the whole data protection act malarky even though all I asked was if anyone recognises the company name so I know if I am goin in the right direction.

I have called the number the national data centre and ASIC, both were helpfull but could fnd nothing without the 1st name of the company.

Next job is to call all the van vliets in the phone book, as you say Simone they might be the owners and also recognise the company name, I know if I see a company with the same name as me I would remember it.

I dont know if his father has called the police so I will check with him later.

Thanks again for all your help guys

Kala
Old May 13th 2005, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kala,

Wanted to see if I could help. I had a look and I reckon the company you mentioned may have gone under.
The only thing I found which may or may not be useful is an import/export trade forum http://www.trade.com.au/ Thought putting a posting there my jog a memory. Sorry not to be more useful.
Good luck!!
Old May 13th 2005, 2:23 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Hi Kala,

Wanted to see if I could help. I had a look and I reckon the company you mentioned may have gone under.
The only thing I found which may or may not be useful is an import/export trade forum http://www.trade.com.au/ Thought putting a posting there my jog a memory. Sorry not to be more useful.
Good luck!!
Thank you very much, I have joined and posted.

Cheers
Kala
Old May 13th 2005, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

hi guys,

looks like there's not a lot that hasnt been done yet - great effort!!
kala, i dont know if the parents will be contacting you again, but if they find it easier to communicate in dutch, you can give them my details - i have pm'd them to you.

tanja
Old May 13th 2005, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll admit I was dubious about this Columbian, he rang us cos we are called Counter Disaster and RESCUE Service, and he kept saying we had to go and "rescue" his brother. We've had numerous calls from dodgy people with similar accents flogging stuff recently, and my boss thought it was a wind-up too when I went back into our meeting and told him! I just thought well, if the guy is missing, the police are the ones to initiate things, so tld him to ring them and found him a number. Could've knocked me down with a feather when The Bloke told me he'd heard it on the radio today.
I could be totally out of line here but... people go "missing" on Moreton Island often. Hell, we even thought about it for Matt if they didn't give him a visa! (just kidding - but I think I wrote it in a post once).
Like I said - maybe out of line.
Old May 13th 2005, 10:08 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

I wonder if there are any other bed companies in/around Perth that may know of Vliet? You'd expect traders to know who their competitors were.
Old May 14th 2005, 5:11 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Has there been any further leads. just wondering if anybody had found something. hopefully it won't be too much longer for the parents.

louise
Old May 14th 2005, 6:33 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise4
Has there been any further leads. just wondering if anybody had found something. hopefully it won't be too much longer for the parents.

louise
Kala told me she was very sick yesterday.
And today is Saturday, so I'm not expecting her to have much luck today...
I'd call people, but don't know enough about the missing guy.
Old May 14th 2005, 8:04 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say that I hope you manage to find some info.
Wow - this is the sort of teamwork you rarely see......
Excellent.
Old May 14th 2005, 10:08 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Just wanted to say that I hope you manage to find some info.
Wow - this is the sort of teamwork you rarely see......
Excellent.
Feeling much better after yesterday afternoons shuck up a thon thanks Simone.

Still nothing today, I have emailed the father asking for more information myself and given him links to the Dutch forum so I will see what he wants to do next. I think he needs to contact the police and am not sure if he has.

So still fingers crossed.

I'l keep you all updates.

Thanks again for your help guys and I am sure that the Parents are gratefulkl for everyones concern.

Cheers
Kala
Old May 14th 2005, 3:40 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Feeling much better after yesterday afternoons shuck up a thon thanks Simone.

Still nothing today, I have emailed the father asking for more information myself and given him links to the Dutch forum so I will see what he wants to do next. I think he needs to contact the police and am not sure if he has.

So still fingers crossed.

I'l keep you all updates.

Thanks again for your help guys and I am sure that the Parents are gratefulkl for everyones concern.

Cheers
Kala
Bless you Kala for caring and to those that are helping.

Hope a resolution comes soon.

M

Old May 14th 2005, 5:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope there is some good news soon. I had a quick google but got nowhere, along with everyone else. Just kept asking me if I was sure I had spelt it right.
Old May 16th 2005, 2:46 pm
WA country gal

freckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to all

Hi all,
just wanted to bump up the thread again. Posted an ad on these noticeboards regarding the missing Gerwin Rozeboom:
www.travelpunk.com
www.backpackingaround.com
www.stonedcrow.com
www.tntmagazine.com.au

Hopefully this will lead to more info about his whereabouts, in the meantime if there is anything else i can do just let me know.
Sonja
Old May 17th 2005, 4:27 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by freckles
Hi all,
just wanted to bump up the thread again. Posted an ad on these noticeboards regarding the missing Gerwin Rozeboom:
www.travelpunk.com
www.backpackingaround.com
www.stonedcrow.com
www.tntmagazine.com.au

Hopefully this will lead to more info about his whereabouts, in the meantime if there is anything else i can do just let me know.
Sonja
Thanks guys,

Ok I have had an email from his father this morning and they have not reported to the police yet (I think they should as they would hopefully get more access to things, but that is their decision) and are thinking of coming over and having a look themselves.

They think he might be sleeping in his car rather than staying at backpackers as many backpackers do to save money.

I am gonna ask all those who come throught here with cars where he is likely to be sleeping in his car, I'm thinking that he might be near Freo if he was working for an import company I should imagine thay are based near the docks.

So all of you ahve have done the west coast in cars and slept in your car do you knwo where near freo he might be sleeping?

Cheers
Kala
Old May 17th 2005, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

hippychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, hope he's o.k and you can find him.

What a worry for his parents, they must be out of their minds, you know what young teens are like, he's most proberly moved on, met a girl etc
they don't think to ring home, I'm sure he'll call before long.

I did have a quick look on google, and vleat is a sir name, I will keep looking,
Good Luck

Hippychic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.