Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

perth wobbles,,,anyone else??????

perth wobbles,,,anyone else??????

Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:09 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default perth wobbles,,,anyone else??????

has anyone else had second thoughts about perth?

i loved perth when i went out on my rekkie,but when you look at what you can get for your money elsewhere,,its tempting..

nice house ,no mortgage,cars paid for......???

Last edited by aston man; Mar 1st 2007 at 8:22 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth wobbles,,,anyone else??????

Originally Posted by aston man

i loved perth when i went out on my rekkie,but when you look at what you can get for your money elsewhere,,its tempting..

hi,
yes totally agree. We are suppoused to be going to perth as we have family there but now with house price rising by so much we are now considering elsewhere maybe Brisbane.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:58 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

We have no choice. We dont have a bond and STNI for WA is all we can get so we have to go there, although we would give anywhere a fair go and are open minded about it.

Last edited by Cheetah7; Mar 1st 2007 at 9:28 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

parentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the rough

Aston,

Come to Melbourne with me!! Gill and Carlos are going there too

Karen
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:36 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

We found the house prices to be pretty similar over in Melbourne Secret Harbour's the place to be....the wages are much better here
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Aston

I don't think you are going to get away from the wobbles.....most of us had / have them, if you were off to Sydney, no doubt this thread would be 'Sydney wobbles!!'....you are going into unknown territory (unless you have moved to the other side of the world before!!). At this stage your every waking thought is on different aspects of the move and you will almost always doubt decisions you are currently making.

In terms of the housing situation, what are you basing your comparisons on and are you comparing like with like? I know we used to surf the net for hours before we made the move, my O/H would come up with bargains, but unless you are over here and can see the property for what it is and it's location, you are on a non-starter. Yes you have been to Perth, so you know what you are getting and what kind of place it is, as for other areas.......?

For example just before we flew out, we saw a cheap, big property, when we arrived and enquired, the reason it was so cheap is that it is smack in the middle of 'sin city' (rough area of town)!

Maybe your wish list is pushing the price of your desired property up? I think from a previous post I remember your Wife has a sister, if Perth has to be the place maybe you might have to sacrifice the dream house for a year or two until you get settled.

Good luck mate and try to take it a day at a time and focus on the positives!

Nikki
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:02 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

If you have no ties or job to come to in Perth (or stacks of equity to buy a house in a reasonable suburb) go to QLD or Vic instead.

You don't want to spend all your hard earned cash on a fibro shack in a dodgy suburb with Ned Clampett one side and a house full of Homeswest tennants the other.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:06 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: perth wobbles,,,anyone else??????

Originally Posted by renth
If you have no ties or job to come to in Perth (or stacks of equity to buy a house in a reasonable suburb) go to QLD or Vic instead.

You don't want to spend all your hard earned cash on a fibro shack in a dodgy suburb with Ned Clampett one side and a house full of Homeswest tennants the other.
That bloody Ned Clampett! I'd almost swear he lived next to me when I was in WA!

Oh, btw... my suburb was Midvale - and my house was fibro!
Attached Thumbnails perth wobbles,,,anyone else??????-my-house-2003.jpg  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

sound advice
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
sound advice
I think Aston's wife has a sister in Perth and that is why they are headed to Perth. On a previous post I am sure Aston stated that his Wife definately wants to be with her sister, hence his dilemma!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

So, forgetting about averages and stats, what do you think is the minimum
amount you need to buy a reasonable pad in an ok area, in the Perth metro
area (north or south).

Steve.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Well all I can say is at the moment, maybe its a good job we dont have our visas through yet, because up to now we have been heading for brisbane, goldcoast, perth now adelaide in the last 6 months who knows where we will end up,at the moment Australia is our oyster
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:29 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Must be nice to have enough money to be mortgage free!

Some people come with absolutely nothing
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:34 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
So, forgetting about averages and stats, what do you think is the minimum
amount you need to buy a reasonable pad in an ok area, in the Perth metro
area (north or south).

Steve.
Well, obviously depends on what you are leaving behind which defines what "reasonable" is.

I'd say $450,000 will get you a detached 4 bedroom house in an reasonable outlying suburb. All your neighbours will be pommies BTW.

Check this out:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...arehouse&o=def
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think you're worrying too much

You've started loads of threads lately about Perth-this and Perth-that

Take some time out away from thinking about it all and clear your head, then see how you feel about it after that

The cost of housing isnt everything, like I've said before there are more important considerations that "will I be mortgage free?" Of course, in an ideal world we'd all like that but this isnt an ideal world, it's Australia and it's real life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.