Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth wins my restaraunt rules

Wikiposts

Perth wins my restaraunt rules

Old May 30th 2004, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying that Melbourne deserved to win it anymore than Melbourne did. If you take the restaurants as an entity without the tossers who were running them I would think that Adelaide was the best. Let's face it Simon was a pompous wanker, Sydney lost because everyone else in Australia wanted them out, it was Sydney vs evry other state, Adelaide went out because of their own stupidity and arrogance and Perth won because it was a chance to kick the Vics.

I was reading somewhere on the weekend that Em & Nic face fines of up to $500,000 for breaching health regulations for their scooter stunt. Stupid fools, it was their's for the taking, but their immaturity cost them the lot.

As for Ash and bloody chocolate fondue, anyone would think it was the best desert ever invented. If everyone in Perth thinks it is, all I can say is folk there need to get out a bit more.
Old May 30th 2004, 5:45 pm
rudo1ph

Last edited by rudo1ph; May 30th 2004 at 5:49 pm.

Old May 30th 2004, 5:45 pm
rudo1ph

Originally posted by owieb
The show was all about who can create and run a successful restaurant and that's exactly what Perth did. They did the most covers, they had the biggest turnover/profit, so they deserved to win!

Yep - I agree with this. If you were looking for fine cuisine and a smart night out then Melbourne was the place to go.......Perth seemed to have a much more homely atmosphere and less emphasis on "fine dining". They were totally different kinds of restaurants. Just because Melbourne had "better food" as dictated by food critics doesn't make them the better restaurant.

As to the voting system. Each state had didfferent numbers to dial/sms. This way they knew which state you were voting from. They then looked at the population of each state and worked out the number of votes according to percentages/size of state/whether you were calling to vote for a different state etc etc.

GO ASH AND AMANDA - good luck to you both.

Rudi (from Sydney - rooted for A and A from the start)

Old May 30th 2004, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

[

Tina, are you watching The Block?? That's a bit more interesting, as they have a bit of personality. [/QUOTE]

No I haven't been watching it, probably too late to start now as it has been on for a while.

Rudolph thanks for explaining the voting system, I only started watching it a few weeks ago and I knew they had some sort of concessions to make it fairer.
Old May 30th 2004, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Perth wins my restaraunt rules

Originally posted by jopaulss
There has been a reality tv show called my restaraunt rules, and Perths Room 19 ash and amanda have won it. They have beat sydney, brisbane, adelaide and now melbourne to win. They get to keep it , so you may want to try it when you get here its down in Northbridge. Perth you rock guys
Joanne

Adelaide had the best restaurant by far:

Best food
Best decor
Best marks every time the restaurants were judged.

The only reason Perth won is because Perth People are so Parochial and went on a huge voting frenzy so that they could beat the rest of the country at SOMETHING.

If it had been judged fairly and not voted on, Adelaide would have won.

Old May 30th 2004, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Adelaide wouldnt have won, health and safety would have shut them down
Dont think i would want to eat off tables were people had jumped on them etc. But i have to agree if they had kept it together they would have had a chance.
Old May 30th 2004, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by jopaulss
Adelaide wouldnt have won, health and safety would have shut them down
Dont think i would want to eat off tables were people had jumped on them etc. But i have to agree if they had kept it together they would have had a chance.

Kept it together ? We went there on the last night and it was brilliant (even post scooter incident ).

Old May 31st 2004, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Perhaps in the next series they could find some money to sponsor one of the restaurants to be a decent curry house.

I'd also like to see it based on regional/outback towns for a laugh. I think the Tennant Creek Tandoori has a bit of a ring to it (no pun intended).