Reload this Page >

Perth wins my restaraunt rules

Wikiposts

Perth wins my restaraunt rules

Old May 30th 2004, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default Perth wins my restaraunt rules

There has been a reality tv show called my restaraunt rules, and Perths Room 19 ash and amanda have won it. They have beat sydney, brisbane, adelaide and now melbourne to win. They get to keep it , so you may want to try it when you get here its down in Northbridge. Perth you rock guys
Joanne
Old May 30th 2004, 1:10 am
owieb

Hooray for Ash and Amanda!

Old May 30th 2004, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I know this may rock the boat a bit, but I am going to say it anyway.

I really think that Melbourne should have won it.

Whisky
Old May 30th 2004, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Whisky

I agree entirely. They should change the name of the show from My Restaurant Rules to I'm most Popular. The quality of the restaurant had nothing to do with it, rather how many saps they could suck into paying 55 cents for a SMS. I'd say the place will be closed down within 6 months now the cameras have gone.
Old May 30th 2004, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

xxsparklesxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done to Room 19 but I agree. Melbourne should've won. They ran a much more professional business. The thing I liked about Pete & Tay was that thier staff all loved them and loved working at Seven Stones. The restuarant looked classier too.

Last edited by xxsparklesxx; May 30th 2004 at 11:41 am.
Old May 30th 2004, 11:51 am
owieb

The show was all about who can create and run a successful restaurant and that's exactly what Perth did. They did the most covers, they had the biggest turnover/profit, so they deserved to win!

Old May 30th 2004, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Can anyone explain how the voting worked. They said something about you can't vote for your own state and that the votes were spread out to make it fairer - urhh how does this work?

I thought the Melbourne one looked heaps better. Petes pep talks were fab and what an emotional guy! I didn't know Aussie guys cried, thought they were all tough guys
Old May 30th 2004, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Also how I am going to cope now that Restaurant Rules AND American Idol have finished - go Fantasia go girl!!!
Old May 30th 2004, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Perth wins my restaraunt rules

Originally posted by jopaulss
There has been a reality tv show called my restaraunt rules, and Perths Room 19 ash and amanda have won it. They have beat sydney, brisbane, adelaide and now melbourne to win. They get to keep it , so you may want to try it when you get here its down in Northbridge. Perth you rock guys
Joanne

Sod Ash & Amanda, support Whiskey's restaurant I bet it is far better and probably better prices too
Old May 30th 2004, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

True Tina go whiskeys place
Old May 30th 2004, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

They must have been able to vote for their own state because they were hosting parties where they were passing around mobile phones.

Let's face it, as the critics said, the only reason any of these restaurants were able to charge what they did, and make a profit was because it was a TV show. If the Perth restaurant is so successful let's see if the locals at foolish enough to pay the ridiculous prices for average food once the cameras are gone. Perth looked like nothing more than your local cafe with the old surf 'n turf.

Tina, are you watching The Block?? That's a bit more interesting, as they have a bit of personality.
Old May 30th 2004, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

But i suppose vicky thats what Perth is supposed to be like isnt it, us locals are just supposed to like stuff like that. There are enough places here and around perth that charge high rates for a meal. Just because a a joint doesnt look much doesnt mean you arent going to get good food. There is a way out hippie place in cottesloe doesnt look much but the food is great. Also my cousin has a cafe in Manjimup down south, it looks kinda dowdy from the outside but the food is great. At the end of the day they had a brilliant turnover the highest out of all of them, so i suppose the difference here was Perth backed perth but melbournians didnt back melbourne!!! Yep i have to agree theirs in melbourne looked great but he was a jerk
Joanne
Old May 30th 2004, 3:28 pm
owieb

Originally posted by jopaulss
Yep i have to agree theirs in melbourne looked great but he was a jerk
Joanne
I second that!

BTW for lots of gossip on who should have one checkout http://www.tvaus.com/viewforum.php?f...f6fe64454513b8

Old May 30th 2004, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

The Melbourne guy was so far up his own arse it wasn't funny.

At the end he was blabbing on about us not having heard the last of him. I was thinking.

"Yes we have mate, you've been on reality TV, you came second and now you're blubbing - get off"
Old May 30th 2004, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

adavis is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Perth!

Most Aussie guys I know would use a stronger word than Jerk to describe Pete, they just don't like him, he's not seen as a normal aussie bloke, where Ash fits the aussie mould.

Even though the Aussie Battler doesn't like the tag, there's no doubt they were considered to be the underdog, and that helps.

Ash was on 96FM this morning, apparently Simon (Brisbane) sent him a text afterwards which he could not air on the radio. Though Ash said "you'd thought I shot his dog from the tone of the message".

The most scary things is, the show is more than likely to be back next year with a new set of contestants.

Andy.

Originally posted by owieb
I second that!

BTW for lots of gossip on who should have one checkout http://www.tvaus.com/viewforum.php?f...f6fe64454513b8

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.