Reload this Page >

perth - where to stay?

perth - where to stay?

Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

leerankin is on a distinguished road
Default perth - where to stay?

hi

i know everyone will have preferences but could anyone give me a list of places which they consider nice areas to stay in Perth, preferrably North of the River and close to transport.

We hope to move to Perth during the first half of 2007 (visa permitting) and i want to get an idea of houses available and prices.

Thanks

Amanda
Old Dec 13th 2006, 7:59 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth - where to stay?

Originally Posted by leerankin
hi

i know everyone will have preferences but could anyone give me a list of places which they consider nice areas to stay in Perth, preferrably North of the River and close to transport.

We hope to move to Perth during the first half of 2007 (visa permitting) and i want to get an idea of houses available and prices.

Thanks

Amanda
Hi Amanda

It's quite a hard question to answer, as everyone will have their own preferences.
When we arrived in January 2006, we stayed with our freind in the Swan Valley. Perfect if you have a couple of horses and like space, but very hot in summer.

We then live for 9 months in Marmion, which is a small suburb 30 mins from the CBD. Lovely community, slightly older houses all built around the 1970's but lots being knocked down and new modern homes being built.
Fantastic primary school, our son goes there, can't fault it. Close to the beach and I believe one of the lowest crime rates.

We now live in Hillarys (further to the north) again very close to the beach and where we live, the houses are much newer. This come with a price though, as it's an expencive area to live.

There are some good web sites with guides to the suburbs, here's a couple.

www.aussiemove.com
http://www.aussiemove.com/city/city.asp?f=9&c=7 (suburb guide)
www.harber.com.au
www.reiwa.com.au
www.aussiehome.com/
www.ljhooker.com.au/
www.century21.com.au/
www.royweston.com.au/
www.peterbruhn.com.au/
www.domain.com.au

Hope this helps, I'm sure others will add their favourites too.

Neil.

Last edited by h2oskineil; Dec 13th 2006 at 8:01 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

hi

Thanks

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I am in Mindarie (NOR) and its a great area to live, close to the beach, close to Clarkson Train Station and then 30 odd mins to the City. But its really hard to answer that question for someone else its something you need to see for yourself, what suits one person doesn't suit the next.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

hi

Thanks

Amanda
My personal favourites are:

Connolly (biased because I live there )
Ocean Reef
Woodvale
Duncraig
Hillarys
Sorrento

There are lots of lovely new suburbs but the infrastructure there is still very much in the early stages and of course you may be living on a building site for sometime. Public transport and amenities are still growing. If you want good established suburbs close to amenities and transport I personally wouldn't go any further north than Kinross and no further East than Wanneroo Road. Thats not saying the other suburbs aren't nice for those of you that live there . I would however echo Kimi and say that you won't really know until you drive around when you get here how the suburbs feel. I love where I live but the next person might hate it.

Good luck.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 12:09 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

For temporary accommodation for when you first arrive, you might want to consider this website, we used them when we first arrived. Most accommodation comes furnished, with bedding, towels, basically everything you need until you call off your shipping stuff.

http://www.ozstays.com/