Perth water

Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Perth water

I've found that since being in Perth that my hair gets greasy extremely quickly. Normally within a day of washing it I will need to do it again. I initially thought it was the shampoo I was using, but it was the same with whichever productI used.

I didn't really think anything of it until I popped back to the UK recently for a few weeks. My hair stayed cleaner much, much longer. Which leads me to believe that there is a significant difference in the water between here and the UK. Maybe some sort of chemical in one and not the other.

Just wondering if anyone else had noticed this, or is it just my weird hair!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 2:51 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth water

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
I've found that since being in Perth that my hair gets greasy extremely quickly. Normally within a day of washing it I will need to do it again. I initially thought it was the shampoo I was using, but it was the same with whichever productI used.

I didn't really think anything of it until I popped back to the UK recently for a few weeks. My hair stayed cleaner much, much longer. Which leads me to believe that there is a significant difference in the water between here and the UK. Maybe some sort of chemical in one and not the other.

No, not just you. I find my hair is oily here, where it was never before. It's got to do with the atmosphere as much as the water I think. Where I work here I always feel like I need to wash my hands and we live in an area where there is a lot of construction going on so I think there is just more filth in the air.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:40 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

whenever my mum comes over she always says how much better her hair and skin is here rather than in uk!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by squeezzii
whenever my mum comes over she always says how much better her hair and skin is here rather than in uk!
I find the opposite..............my hair is much dryer here!!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

I was told only tonight that the water in Perth is hard water. In the UK it depends on where you were from but that is why you may find a difference. For example I lived in Cheshire in the UK and when visiting friends in Bath who had really hard water I noticed the difference immediately on my hair and skin. Hard water has (correct me anyone who knows better) a higher level of mineral salts in the water. You will find your kettle, boiler etc need de-scaling more often, than in a soft water area. It probably tastes different too.

As I am going to the gym and walking by the sea I find that I tend to wash my hair everyday (I know I shouldn't) and probably because of that, the grey and the highlights sigh...my hair is actually quite dry.

Thanks.

M
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by margy
I was told only tonight that the water in Perth is hard water. In the UK it depends on where you were from but that is why you may find a difference. For example I lived in Cheshire in the UK and when visiting friends in Bath who had really hard water I noticed the difference immediately on my hair and skin. Hard water has (correct me anyone who knows better) a higher level of mineral salts in the water. You will find your kettle, boiler etc need de-scaling more often, than in a soft water area. It probably tastes different too.

As I am going to the gym and walking by the sea I find that I tend to wash my hair everyday (I know I shouldn't) and probably because of that, the grey and the highlights sigh...my hair is actually quite dry.

Thanks.

M
I do find that my skin is a lot drier though....look a bit like a snake!!!LOL
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:12 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

My hair started to fall out when we got here. So i went to the Docs and he said it was the water that was causing it to drop out. He said some hair reacts badly to the chemicals in the water here
The water does taste like bleach doesn't it though. I have noticed my hair to be oily too. Used to be really dry so not such a bad thing there.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:16 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

I have no hair so really dont have an opinion - it looks lovely every day!

Perth water is VERY chlorinated! Love it, we make chlorine
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

After detailed analysis, I've concluded that the water in Perth is indeed wet & transparent ...

Indeed it shares some of the characteristics with certain posters who frequent this board from time to time ...

Do others concur with my scientific findings ...

?

Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Does the water contain fleuride - wife likes to look after teeth? I used wash and go for that long it just went so I doubt the water will affect me now! Dry skin though surely has more to do with the weather as oppose to the water being applied to the outside of the body. Drinking water will maintain hydration whch is good for the skin.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The_Wookie

We live in Adelaide but have visited perth several times as this was where we originally intended to move to. Dorothy you might agree as you've lived in both places, but I find the water in Adelaide and Perth is very similar, full of chemicals which you can smell never mind taste and very hard. I've found the same thing since getting here, my hair and skin are very very dry. The water in the part of scotland I come from is very soft and I'm presuming its just the change that your hair and skin struggles with but I've never had a split end in my life until we came here (might also be the fact that I'm getting older as well right enough )

I'm hoping the longer we are here the more my hair will adjust (well hopefully before it all breaks off or falls out anyway!!).
Old Nov 15th 2008, 4:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki.P
We live in Adelaide but have visited perth several times as this was where we originally intended to move to. Dorothy you might agree as you've lived in both places, but I find the water in Adelaide and Perth is very similar, full of chemicals which you can smell never mind taste and very hard. I've found the same thing since getting here, my hair and skin are very very dry. The water in the part of scotland I come from is very soft and I'm presuming its just the change that your hair and skin struggles with but I've never had a split end in my life until we came here (might also be the fact that I'm getting older as well right enough )

I'm hoping the longer we are here the more my hair will adjust (well hopefully before it all breaks off or falls out anyway!!).
I found the air in Adelaide made my skin less oily but over here my face is like a 16 year old boy with the oil! I have to wash my hair every day now, where before I could get away with every 2nd or 3rd day. Maybe it's the water, the construction going on around us and the dirt in the air or maybe it's just my peri-menopausal hormones. Who knows?
Old Nov 15th 2008, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi,

Don't forget that coming from the Uk with all the rain this will have been good for our skin, where as the dry conditions here, plus air con will mean that your skin will be different.

Stating the blinking obvious...

M
Old Nov 15th 2008, 10:49 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

having said my mums hair and skin better here,one thing I have to admit is having to drink the water is not nice at all. Some people might say that water doesnt taste of anything in particular but I drink a lot of water as I dont drink tea or coffee and so I really can tell the difference. Have now fitted a water filter in the kitchen - wish I had done it ages ago
Old Nov 15th 2008, 11:32 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by squeezzii
having said my mums hair and skin better here,one thing I have to admit is having to drink the water is not nice at all. Some people might say that water doesnt taste of anything in particular but I drink a lot of water as I dont drink tea or coffee and so I really can tell the difference. Have now fitted a water filter in the kitchen - wish I had done it ages ago
Oh God yes! We bought a water filter at the home show and what a difference! Coffee tastes better and the kids will actually drink water now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.