Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth and WA Schools. 2008 Exam Results here.

Perth and WA Schools. 2008 Exam Results here.

Old Jan 10th 2009, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth and WA Schools. 2008 Exam Results here.

If you are after academic results then the key data is in Table 1 (page 23 onwards), 10th column (TEE Results, High).

An "average" school - i.e. in-line with the state average - will show a figure of 33% in this column.
Higher than this means above average, lower = below average.

Enjoy it and choose your suburb accordingly.
Attached Files
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all
Default Re: Perth and WA Schools. 2008 Exam Results here.

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
If you are after academic results then the key data is in Table 1 (page 23 onwards), 10th column (TEE Results, High).

An "average" school - i.e. in-line with the state average - will show a figure of 33% in this column.

....and choose your private school accordingly if academic results are important to you. There's quite a few below average private schools on that list. Make sure you are getting value for your money, especially in these harder economic times!!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernlights
....and choose your private school accordingly if academic results are important to you. There's quite a few below average private schools on that list. Make sure you are getting value for your money, especially in these harder economic times!!
Definitely - a lot of people think that once you start paying for education you are guaranteed good results. Not so.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely - a lot of people think that once you start paying for education you are guaranteed good results. Not so.
It actually largely depends on the student - how bright they are, how motivated they are, how much get up and go they have etc. Bright and motivated students can get top marks at public schools.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:32 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Great post. Well, not that great for me as the school mine are going to go to has slumped and got a lot worse.

Ocean Reef High seems to have improved, still not a great score but much better than last time.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
Great post. Well, not that great for me as the school mine are going to go to has slumped and got a lot worse.

Ocean Reef High seems to have improved, still not a great score but much better than last time.
Quite a worry really.A large portion of the schools that as supposed to have a good reputation are below average in the results!

I was quite pleased with my daughters school and how she seems to be doing until I saw this

Tracie
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth

I agree - but noticed that St Stephen's Duncraig did well. (But St Stephen's Carramar did not)
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

St Mark's results were alot lower than I expected!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Quite a worry really.A large portion of the schools that as supposed to have a good reputation are below average in the results!

I was quite pleased with my daughters school and how she seems to be doing until I saw this

Tracie
A couple of years I was teaching at Balcatta SHS, a very average school at best, however in 2006 we had an extremely bright cohort of students in year 12. Same teachers, same school, different students - they were bright, they were hard working and motivated and they got brilliant results (in english, my subject, they came in the top ten of schools in the state) So, one year St Stephens might be up there, the next year they might drop back.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold

My son's school, Tranby College, has improved from last year but still below average. He's been offered a place at Scotch, but we've decided to go back to the UK instead. Am I mad I wonder!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

.... from the pull out in The West Australian it seems that 10 of the top 50 schools are actually below average (of 33.34%)
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hoveactually
.... from the pull out in The West Australian it seems that 10 of the top 50 schools are actually below average (of 33.34%)
We need a statistician to tell us the implications of this!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

We need a statistician to tell us the implications of this!
Of the 163 schools listed only 40 posted results above the average of 33.34%meaning that a staggering 123 schools or 75.46% were below average. It will be interesting to see how the NAPLAN results stack up if the Federal Government sticks to its guns and releases the school comparisons for years 3,5,7 and 9 later this year.