Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

From Perth WA to East Coast

From Perth WA to East Coast

Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

macy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nice
Default From Perth WA to East Coast

Hi everyone, im new to this forum and have been reading though and you all seem to be a very help lot!!!

My family and I have been in Perth Wa now for about a year, and think we may try a year or two over East to have a comparison, thing is we dont know where to start so was hoping for some advice

We love Perth but do find if a bit isolated and a bit too laid back, not that that a bad thing, my 21 year old daughter is stuggling a bit so just want to find out what else Aus has to offer, we may end up staying in Perth, not sure yet.

Not sure where to start looking over east, i fancy Gold Coast, would like to be fairly central with lots going on as well as still not being to far away from the coast, only thing im worried about is the heat! is it tropical all over the East Coast or just more tropical the further north you go?? we also have a younger child so need some where family friendy. my eldest wants to be some where more central than Perth so im hoping you can help.

Also struggling with large mortgage at the mo so looking for and area not more expensive than perth, sorry for all the questions!!!

Thanks, macy
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Perth WA to East Coast

Originally Posted by macy1
Hi everyone, im new to this forum and have been reading though and you all seem to be a very help lot!!!

My family and I have been in Perth Wa now for about a year, and think we may try a year or two over East to have a comparison, thing is we dont know where to start so was hoping for some advice

We love Perth but do find if a bit isolated and a bit too laid back, not that that a bad thing, my 21 year old daughter is stuggling a bit so just want to find out what else Aus has to offer, we may end up staying in Perth, not sure yet.

Not sure where to start looking over east, i fancy Gold Coast, would like to be fairly central with lots going on as well as still not being to far away from the coast, only thing im worried about is the heat! is it tropical all over the East Coast or just more tropical the further north you go?? we also have a younger child so need some where family friendy. my eldest wants to be some where more central than Perth so im hoping you can help.

Also struggling with large mortgage at the mo so looking for and area not more expensive than perth, sorry for all the questions!!!

Thanks, macy
Sorry, no advice to offer but I'll watch the thread with interest!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

macy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nice

Thanks for your reply, noticed in your other threads your thinking of Melbourne, sound really nice there but dont fancy the weather myself! are you still thinking of moving? have you been to Brisbane, Sydney ect and bits in between? at the mo we have nothing to compare Perth too as never been anywhere else in Aus
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:31 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Not sure where to start looking over east, i fancy Gold Coast
Wouldn't be a bad choice I think.

Been here for 15 odd months and love it!

2 teens with us and altho a few schooling issues at the mo, they both love it here!

Weather is faultless. Well, a bit more rain wouldn't go a miss, but when your sunbathing in the middle of Winter! ... well, say no more I guess. We've only done the one summer, and it was apparently a mild one, but either way the real hot temps if you get any, don't hang around for too long I'm told.

Theme parks are good for the kids, and cheap if you get the yearly passes when the deals are on.

Only thing I'd say is work. I don't know your field, but finding work on the coast isn't as easy as some would have you believe! Saying that I think it's fair to say the 'trades' are doing well as there's bundles of development going on.

I've been told that 5,000 people arrive on the Gold Coast every month to live.

I know why ...
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Melbourne, sound really nice there but dont fancy the weather myself!
I'm NOT slaggin off Melbourne as I know many are happy there, but I come across at least 2 different people daily that originally came from Melbourne, but moved up to the Gold Coast for the weather!

Fact!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ahh thanks, hubbies a mechnic, i have family in ormeau, so may start there and work our way down....although from reading on here its about a 30 mins drive from coast and a bit quite there, what do you think?? wont go down as far as sydney though but be nice to have the choice
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

Ahh thanks, hubbies a mechnic, i have family in ormeau, so may start there and work our way down....although from reading on here its about a 30 mins drive from coast and a bit quite there, what do you think?? wont go down as far as sydney though but be nice to have the choice
Ormeau eh? ... only living here now! ...lol

Really like it here, but will be moving soon as it IS a little too far from the sea.

I leave Southport at 5pm and get to Ormeau in 45 mins in rush hour. It can be done in prob 35 but no quicker.

Lovely area and you can get acreage for relatively cheap prices.

45 mins to Surfers, 45 to Brissie!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

how funny~!!!!!! well let me know where you move to and i will keep it in mind thanks for your help
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry last question........looked on your profile and noticed your a hairdresser which is what i do!!! is it the same as perth that you need to sit your exams and register to be able to work??
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

Sorry last question........looked on your profile and noticed your a hairdresser which is what i do!!! is it the same as perth that you need to sit your exams and register to be able to work??
Oh I'm only a student, school has a paying salon, real clients and all, but I'm not 'out in the real world'.

As far as I know you don't need a license to cut hair in Queensland.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

excellant!!!! well thanks for your advise,bye for now
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

excellant!!!! well thanks for your advise,bye for now
No worries! ...

Bye
Old Jul 1st 2007, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Help anyone???? thinking somewhere beween Sydney and Gold Coast, large area I know so dosnt narrow it down much, but any help would be good
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

bump
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, there's another thinking about making the jump outta here!

I'm off for a rekkie over to the Gold Coast in two weeks. Hubby really wants to move over there...had enough here after 3 years.

I've never been before and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll post my thoughts on here on here when I get back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.