Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Voted Dullsville yet again

Perth Voted Dullsville yet again

Old Jul 8th 2003, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h garrett
Thats enough to make me change my plans completely and not fly in via Perth after all!:scared:
So can the Stuffies still hack it? I see they're playing Bournemouth in December, might try & make it before we go.

...you're PM box needs a good clearout by the way..... (nasty!)

Gra...
Old Jul 8th 2003, 11:26 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Voted Dullsville yet again

Originally posted by Pookin
Mmmmmm..............wonder why...............ah, it contains the words 'enjoy', 'dream', 'interesting', 'breathtaking', 'great'.........
probably couldn't be bothered to get the dictionary out.

Locals view.

Promised land?

HOW often over the last few years has The West Australian published reports about the redevelopment of the city foreshore? I don't believe governments, past or present, or the City of Perth have the determination to carry through with these "grand visions".

We keep hearing about wonderful developments in Melbourne and Brisbane but all we have so far is the belltower and a revamp of the ferry jetties. Wow.

I wish I could believe that something will happen, but all these ideas come to nothing. Is it because the powers that be are frightened that we may lose our "Dullsville" title if they actually agree on something?
PETER ZAPPA, Willetton.

Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:50 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gra.B
So can the Stuffies still hack it? I see they're playing Bournemouth in December, might try & make it before we go.

...you're PM box needs a good clearout by the way..... (nasty!)

[U][QUOTE]

They rocked! I've pm'd you and sorted the box problem!!!:scared:
Old Jul 9th 2003, 2:00 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Locals view.

Promised land?

HOW often over the last few years has The West Australian published reports about the redevelopment of the city foreshore? I don't believe governments, past or present, or the City of Perth have the determination to carry through with these "grand visions".

We keep hearing about wonderful developments in Melbourne and Brisbane but all we have so far is the belltower and a revamp of the ferry jetties. Wow.

I wish I could believe that something will happen, but all these ideas come to nothing. Is it because the powers that be are frightened that we may lose our "Dullsville" title if they actually agree on something?
PETER ZAPPA, Willetton.

Disappointed that you didn't post the whole article. Taken out of its full context it did make your point, but the omission makes the point a bit of a sham.

Don't know much about development in Perth, but Aussie mates told me of the time when the building of Observation City on Scarborough Beach caused a huge hoo-haa. Still sticks out like a sore thumb, but does give you your bearings.

http://www.holidaycity.com/rendezvous-perth/

Last edited by Pookin; Jul 9th 2003 at 2:45 am.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:53 am
JWW
Forum Regular

JWW will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE]Originally posted by h garrett
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Loopy
Shaggy was here on Sunday!
Blondie & Craig David are coming (not together). Does that help at all? Thought not!

Thats enough to make me change my plans completely and not fly in via Perth after all!:scared:
Hey don't knock it...we had Bad Manners in Christchurch recently...best night out I've had in ages!!!
Old Jul 9th 2003, 11:32 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointed that you didn't post the whole article. Taken out of its full context it did make your point, but the omission makes the point a bit of a sham.

Don't know much about development in Perth, but Aussie mates told me of the time when the building of Observation City on Scarborough Beach caused a huge hoo-haa. Still sticks out like a sore thumb, but does give you your bearings.

http://www.holidaycity.com/rendezvous-perth/
People protested again'st Hillarys Marina because it would spoil the coast line ,now you can not get near the place at weekends because its the only place worth a visit.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 9th 2003 at 11:52 am.
Old Jul 10th 2003, 12:46 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Youth drain puts Perth in danger of becoming boring

PERTH, July 9 AAP - Perth is in danger of becoming boring if it keeps allowing its young people to leave for the eastern states or overseas, according to West Australian opposition leader Colin Barnett. Mr Barnett said Perth had gone off the boil, had become complacent and was in danger of "becoming an Adelaide or a Hobart". "I think Perth's a lovely place to live, but is it an exciting capital city? No, it's not," he said. "To put it bluntly, what I don't want to see is Perth and Western Australia go the same way as Hobart and Adelaide and we are in danger of doing that."

Speaking to a Committee for Economic Development for Australia meeting, Mr Barnett said the success of the state's mining and petroleum industries had created complacency elsewhere. "We haven't got the sort of vitality, the attractions and the population growth Queensland, and in particular Brisbane, are enjoying," Mr Barnett said. "Our resource industry is a sensational world leader, but that has made the State complacent as a whole.

The biggest concern is that our most talented young people are chasing brighter and better opportunities elsewhere." Hobart's Lord Mayor Rob Valentine rubbished Mr Barnett's claims that Hobart was dull, and invited him to visit the city to discover it for himself. "If Mr Barnett has visited recently then he must have locked himself in his hotel room, and not looked at all that Hobart has to offer," Mr Valentine said. "We actually have a lot of people from Sydney and Melbourne coming here to live, so if he thinks this place is boring then the statistics belie that."

Earlier this week Federal Tourism Minister Joe Hockey caused an east coast furore by labelling his own city of Sydney and NSW as a "tired, complacent and event-free" tourist destination. He was speaking in Japan on a world tour to promote Australian tourism.

AAP News: 10 July 2003

Apologies for cut and paste, but website is subscriber only.

Last edited by Pookin; Jul 10th 2003 at 12:50 am.
Old Jul 10th 2003, 11:37 am
Banned

Default Re: Youth drain puts Perth in danger of becoming boring

PERTH, July 9 AAP - Perth is in danger of becoming boring if it keeps allowing its young people to leave for the eastern states or overseas, according to West Australian opposition leader Colin Barnett. Mr Barnett said Perth had gone off the boil, had become complacent and was in danger of "becoming an Adelaide or a Hobart". "I think Perth's a lovely place to live, but is it an exciting capital city? No, it's not," he said. "To put it bluntly, what I don't want to see is Perth and Western Australia go the same way as Hobart and Adelaide and we are in danger of doing that."

Speaking to a Committee for Economic Development for Australia meeting, Mr Barnett said the success of the state's mining and petroleum industries had created complacency elsewhere. "We haven't got the sort of vitality, the attractions and the population growth Queensland, and in particular Brisbane, are enjoying," Mr Barnett said. "Our resource industry is a sensational world leader, but that has made the State complacent as a whole.

The biggest concern is that our most talented young people are chasing brighter and better opportunities elsewhere." Hobart's Lord Mayor Rob Valentine rubbished Mr Barnett's claims that Hobart was dull, and invited him to visit the city to discover it for himself. "If Mr Barnett has visited recently then he must have locked himself in his hotel room, and not looked at all that Hobart has to offer," Mr Valentine said. "We actually have a lot of people from Sydney and Melbourne coming here to live, so if he thinks this place is boring then the statistics belie that."

Earlier this week Federal Tourism Minister Joe Hockey caused an east coast furore by labelling his own city of Sydney and NSW as a "tired, complacent and event-free" tourist destination. He was speaking in Japan on a world tour to promote Australian tourism.

AAP News: 10 July 2003

Apologies for cut and paste, but website is subscriber only.

Pollies alway's put a spin on the truth its dead here unless you love hole digging up in some pit up North.
Is there life on Mars who knows but theres none in Perth , no wonder it the break-in capital of the world the only way you get to find out who lives next door is rob them.

Old Jul 10th 2003, 11:08 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JWW
Hey don't knock it...we had Bad Manners in Christchurch recently...best night out I've had in ages!!!
[QUOTE]

Now thats more like it!
Old Jul 11th 2003, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

penzer is an unknown quantity at this point

cor blimey mudda fu"*A.
perths not london or new york?
did you sit up for nights and days researching on perth before you went ? go for a long visit before you decided to settle there?

ah..... so when you did you thought "mmmmmmm wait a minute, this wasn't in the brochure!"

hurry home your country needs you.

p.s. barry white r.i.p.
Old Jul 11th 2003, 12:40 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

An Aussie icon ( ex Pom) poor old John hes known world wide well not realy , the average age of the stars been or coming to Perth must be over 50 .
Cliff, Rolling Stones , Rod , Rolf , Bazza ( Dame Edna) and Blondie its a gig for the aged.

have you seen what , masquerades as pop stars? today a bunch of cloned pimply prats ,in a variety of skin colours, all with blonde hair , and singing variations of the same song.............. MM
Old Jul 13th 2003, 11:54 am
Banned

Originally posted by mr mover
have you seen what , masquerades as pop stars? today a bunch of cloned pimply prats ,in a variety of skin colours, all with blonde hair , and singing variations of the same song.............. MM
You like Aussie music then or at lest you have some understanding of the subject.

Old Jul 13th 2003, 12:21 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

You like Aussie music then or at lest you have some understanding of the subject.

Bring back Midnight Oil
Old Jul 13th 2003, 4:04 pm
Banned

Originally posted by renth
Bring back Midnight Oil

The bold git is too busy saving the planet , big job he's starting in Australia so he will be full on.

Old Jul 13th 2003, 4:13 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The bold git is too busy saving the planet , big job he's starting in Australia so he will be full on.

In one stroke we could save Australia and your all your dentistry problem for good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.