Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth v Brisbane weather

Perth v Brisbane weather

Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default Perth v Brisbane weather

Can someone share what weather's like in Perth & Brisbane
Mainly interested in how cold it gets in the winter, and how hot in the summer?
Also.. how much rain...

ta
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:05 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth v Brisbane weather

Originally Posted by ChocCake
Also.. how much rain...

ta
http://www.bom.gov.au/

plenty of info there.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:40 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Also.. how much rain...

ta
I hate the heat personally in Perth, thats why we are considering Tassie.
Perth can hit over 40 degrees, I think it gets about 7 days in the summer with those kind of temps. This week its all 32-37 degrees. Some humid days. Nights can be hot and uncomfortable. Winter is rainy, cold but not icy cold.Dont know about Brisbane, never been, but whenever I see the weather forecast for the country it seems to always be high 20s low 30s with humidity.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

There was a recent thread on this, do a search.
Perth does get very hot but is not humid like Brisbane. Brisbane can feel a lot hotter because of this. And don't get me started on the rain ! If you like rain, come here to QLD. It rains mostly in Perth Jun-Aug, big heavy downpours but over quickly.
Both places have good winters in low twenties but nights and mornings are very cold ! You will need heating !
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Also.. how much rain...

ta
Weather in Brisbane in Summer can be anything from 25-32ish degrees on average, but is always humid.
In winter it is about 21 by day but nights and early mornings can be quite chilly, around 6 degrees, we even had frost one morning last winter
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Also.. how much rain...

ta

From the good old BBC.

Brisbane:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/c...ml?tt=TT002970

Perth:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/c...ml?tt=TT003050
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spartacus
LOL why didn't i think of the BBC!!

Sigh... i hate humidity, and HOT! but i also hate the winter here in the UK!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

willow green is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL why didn't i think of the BBC!!

Sigh... i hate humidity, and HOT! but i also hate the winter here in the UK!
Totally, it is the same to me exactly. that is the reason that we want to move out of Uk but don't want to go anywhere over hot.

Brisbane is humid, so would sweat a lot.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by willow green
Totally, it is the same to me exactly. that is the reason that we want to move out of Uk but don't want to go anywhere over hot.

Brisbane is humid, so would sweat a lot.
Yer, so I read about humidity in Brisband. But then Perth gets quite hot!!
Sigh... and also apparently Perth is quite boring??
Melbourne rains a lot?
Sydney is too busy?

LOL!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

I love the heat ! But I am finding QLD humidity a killer. I didn't feel like this with Perth (dry) heat. Maybe in time, you get used to the humidity ? Can someone please tell me how long it lasts ?!

Yer, so I read about humidity in Brisband. But then Perth gets quite hot!!
LOL!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:13 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hate the humidity in Brisbane? come and live on the Gold Coast - at least you'll have the sea here to cool off in

You may get used to the humidity after a while (bit like being in a warm bathroom) and with fans and air con it's usually ok.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:23 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Last year I felt as if I would melt into a puddle of grease here.....but this Summer I don't find it quite so oppressive.Mind you I have lost quite a bit of weight since then and I think that helps

I only have experience of here (Gold Coast) and Adelaide. Adelaide gets really hot, but it's a dry heat like the whoosh of air you get when you open the oven door. Another difference is that here it nearly always cools off in the evening where as in Adelaide the heat would peak at around the kids bedtime and sometimes stay in the 30's all night

Take note when buying a house about the direction it faces and whether you will get cooling breezes....it makes all the difference.....plus big eaves, heavy curtains with pelmets,white roofing colour, whirly birds/insulation in the roof space, outside awning blinds and shady trees make a big difference too.

Tambourine Mountain here on the Gold Coast for example is higher in altitude and therefore cooler by a good few degrees in Summer.

It's only really uncomfortable here for a couple of months, the rest of the year I find perfect (even if I do miss the changing seasons and frosty mornings at times *sigh*)

Jan (sitting in an airconditioned house)
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sara W is on a distinguished road

We went to Perth, it was red hot (December) but it is dry heat, I would recommend it. I haven't been to Brisbane, but people I know worked there. They said the humidity was a killer. They said it saps your energy.

Sara

Last edited by Sara W; Jan 30th 2008 at 7:50 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sara W
We went to Perth, it was red hot (December) but it is dry heat, I would recommend it. I haven't been to Brisbane, but people I know worked there. They said the humidity was a killer. They said it saps your energy.

Sara
ok so Perth is HOT but dry. Anywhere else dry but not so HOT?