Reload this Page >

Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Old Feb 18th 2012, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Originally Posted by cubeonly
How's that for a one-line description of a place.

Moved here in December from England but won't be staying for long.

Over 50's not welcome in bars and clubs. Over 50s like to go out on the town you know.

Bullshit place, Perth. Full of corporate stuffy types, very uptight. If you're thinking of moving here from UK, and you like a bit of nightlife or are are single status over 50, forget it!
Are over 50's welcome anywhere in clubs? RSL types excluded.

iamthecreaturefromuranus age 53 and a quarter

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Feb 18th 2012 at 8:29 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Totally confused by this thread

We have the responsible serving alcohol laws here, which means if a bar person serves someone that is drunk they can get fined quite a large amount. So are those laws being implemented more vigorously in Perth than other Cities ? Genuine question

Does it come down to how you hold your booze ?

I've never been asked to leave even after drinking copious amounts and swaying a bit.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 18th 2012 at 8:38 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

No. Very annoyingly the nanny state rsa laws are also applied in NSW.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 1:37 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mike-T
That's a sweeping generalisation there Mr/Mrs Cherry Ripe to which I myself, being a Mancunian might take offence........although being a Manc, i will laugh it off as a jolly jape. Not ALL Mancs/Yorkshirefolk/Scousers and Wegians are out and out lush heads.........only about 80%....apparently

To the original poster, there's loads of good pubs in Perth. If we know where you are living, we may be able to advise....
Do you come from a very nice part of Manchester?I can't imagine going into one of my old haunts and announcing 'who's up for a jolly jape.' I'd be waking up in Ancoats Hospital.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Mike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really nice

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Do you come from a very nice part of Manchester?I can't imagine going into one of my old haunts and announcing 'who's up for a jolly jape.' I'd be waking up in Ancoats Hospital.
Yes mate, a very nice part of Manchester.................Collyhurst!!

I agree about The Sovereign....it's crap, unless you're under 25 and a knob. Paddy Malones is a more traditional pub, and IMO better than The Old Bailey...which itself isn't too bad. Greenwood Tavern is a good Aussie pub, I like The Woodvale personally, although these last couple of years, it's been getting more like The Ok Corale......
Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hebe
From last year? This year's is not until the 18 March!
Oh fugk yes. That's what 6 Stellas does to me
Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:16 am
Account Closed

Yes mate, a very nice part of Manchester.................Collyhurst!!
Classy.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:18 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahahah, Cubeonly.... I love your style...

I live country now, but if your after a few scoops in March some time, I can put your straight.... your just not hitting the right places....

I get asked to leave all the time mate so its not just you... as I love to drink a few beers, and crack a few insane jokes,,, unfort Perth is a bit gay and uptight, but not everyone and all places...

Idea is, you get in the pubs before getting smashed..... then get thrown out when its time to go.....

Two pubs I frequent when I am there, and they aren't snotty, far from, but they got character soul and a mixed bunch of people...and they aint in the city... just outside...
Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:26 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes mate, a very nice part of Manchester.................Collyhurst!!:thumbsup:

I agree about The Sovereign....it's crap, unless you're under 25 and a knob. Paddy Malones is a more traditional pub, and IMO better than The Old Bailey...which itself isn't too bad. Greenwood Tavern is a good Aussie pub, I like The Woodvale personally, although these last couple of years, it's been getting more like The Ok Corale......
All the best blokes come from there
Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

Come to think of it, there's one place where I seem to have been targeted over the last few weekends and turfed out on to the street only 3-up - a largish establishment on a street corner in Northbridge. Still, it's not so bad, the weather's friendly not like UK so you don't end up shivering on the street corner and with balls like a Brass Monkey.

New challenge for the weekends - to see how many hours and how many pints before glassy eyes and ejection from the selected establishment. 6 Stellas to beat. If I intersperse the Stellas with pints of tap water I reckon my quest to go from opening to closing can be achieved. So if you see a bored looking nut sitting at a corner table with sunglasses on, holding a Stella in one hand and a pint of water in the other, watching the hands going round on his watch, feel free to say hello. May be I could do it all for charity - anyone want to sponsor me? - some of those Brass people perhaps?
Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

iamthecreaturefromuranus age 53 and a quarter

No, haven't found one yet.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Ahahah, Cubeonly.... I love your style...

I live country now, but if your after a few scoops in March some time, I can put your straight.... your just not hitting the right places....

I get asked to leave all the time mate so its not just you... as I love to drink a few beers, and crack a few insane jokes,,, unfort Perth is a bit gay and uptight, but not everyone and all places...

Idea is, you get in the pubs before getting smashed..... then get thrown out when its time to go.....

Two pubs I frequent when I am there, and they aren't snotty, far from, but they got character soul and a mixed bunch of people...and they aint in the city... just outside...
Thank fugk for that. I'm not the only one. Cheers loca you've cheered me up tons.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Perhaps there are bingo clubs out there?
Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Perhaps there are bingo clubs out there?
Bingo - I always thought Whitney Houston was older than me, but there you go.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 4:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ukecadet
All the best blokes come from there
Yeah, Yeah, of course they do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.