Perth Update,

Old May 9th 2006, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Perth Update,

Sorry I have not been on for a long time ,but life is busy,Yes very busy. We have been here all of 14 weeks and so much has happened.I got a job with in the first three weeks,i had to turn down about five other jobs. thats what you get for been a Chef I suppose.All three of my children have settled in well into school and love it.Then my husband started his job last week. he landed a beauty of a job. This place called Perth has become the land of milk and honey for us.We have made a lovely circle of friends and our social life is far better than it ever was back home in Ireland.Granted the social scene is different. You kinda meet your friends early and get home early or go to each others house for Barbie's.We also bought our house and moved in about four weeks ago. House prices are jumping through the roof over here at the moment.It is just so easy to get around Perth by every form of transport.

What would be my tips for people coming over?
1. If coming over with school children,try to enrol into a school before hand and contact them for e-mail buddies for your children. (I did and it works,they had friends from the get go)
2 If you can afford it get a car with cruise control.(Police over here are everywhere and they do stop you for speed)
3 Dont try to imagine it will be like Europe in the sun. It's not it's Australia.
4 If your family and you can afford it get web cams. (we did and I see my parents daily more than I ever did)

Thats all I can think of at the moment. I would like to say that this is just my life and my opinions. i would also like to say a Huge Thank you to Cranni,she has been a wonderful help. Cranni if you see this Coffee soon.?
Old May 9th 2006, 10:20 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Update,

Originally Posted by Chef69
Sorry I have not been on for a long time ,but life is busy,Yes very busy. We have been here all of 14 weeks and so much has happened.I got a job with in the first three weeks,i had to turn down about five other jobs. thats what you get for been a Chef I suppose.All three of my children have settled in well into school and love it.Then my husband started his job last week. he landed a beauty of a job. This place called Perth has become the land of milk and honey for us.We have made a lovely circle of friends and our social life is far better than it ever was back home in Ireland.Granted the social scene is different. You kinda meet your friends early and get home early or go to each others house for Barbie's.We also bought our house and moved in about four weeks ago. House prices are jumping through the roof over here at the moment.It is just so easy to get around Perth by every form of transport.

1. If coming over with school children,try to enrol into a school before hand and contact them for e-mail buddies for your children. (I did and it works,they had friends from the get go)
2 If you can afford it get a car with cruise control.(Police over here are everywhere and they do stop you for speed)
3 Dont try to imagine it will be like Europe in the sun. It's not it's Australia.
4 If your family and you can afford it get web cams. (we did and I see my parents daily more than I ever did)

Thats all I can think of at the moment. I would like to say that this is just my life and my opinions. i would also like to say a Huge Thank you to Cranni,she has been a wonderful help. Cranni if you see this Coffee soon.?
Sounds like you've settled in well
Good Luck for the future.
Julie. x
Old May 9th 2006, 10:40 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

What a great post

Nice to someone embracing their new life! Good Luck for the future!

Old May 9th 2006, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great - where in Perth are you ? Your profile still says Ireland !
Old May 9th 2006, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

We are in Tapping ,in the northern subs. It is just a wonderful place to bring up Children and the amenities just speak for themselves.You would not believe how well you feel with the sun shining all the time. Having said that we have been told that it was a very bad summer,so I'm still bracing myself for the really hot weather. Perth is a costly city to live in ,when you are earning Dollars,but there is still so much to do even if pennies are a little short.
Old May 9th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Glad you are enjoying it...........dispite what many other posters say..........perth really is a beautiful place to live!
Old May 9th 2006, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

HI Chef69,glad to see that you have settled in well and are enjoying some sunshine.Even better to hear that you have been offered plenty of chef jobs.We are going in July so my husband will be looking for chef jobs.Nice to see afellow expat settle and i hope it continues for you.All the best x.Irishbloo
Old May 9th 2006, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Irishbloo,
Where are you heading for in aus. may I wish you a safe journey.
Old May 9th 2006, 12:53 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to see that others are enjoying it here , and to top that its going to be 27 deg c this weekend , not bad for winter
Old May 9th 2006, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Glad you're having such a great time. We're in Hillarys (6 weeks) and are loving it too! Hope life continues to be good to you .
Tracey
Old May 9th 2006, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Wendy, so glad you have settled, we first spoke when you was in IRELAND , i rang you and I think i re -assured you at the time.
We have kept in touch, and the reason it has worked for you is because you have made it as a family, you got in contact with the school before you came and your kids had friends to come to, who they had met through the internet.
I have not met you yet , but cant wait, you really are a lovely person, and seem to be a lovely family, and im sure you will continue to love Perth, because this is what you want. Mum and Dad go back in 2 weeks, so i will be coming up that way, although i will be sad that day.
Look forward to meeting you and your gang.
Love Denise and gang xx
Old May 9th 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Glad to see you settled in well. Always nice to here of another paddy settled, makes me feel we will be alright We're looking at settling around the same area or maybe Carramar so it's good to here the kids like it cause I think once their right it's half the battle won.
Tracie