Perth upcoming events/festivals

Perth upcoming events/festivals

Old Mar 19th 2005, 11:57 pm
PommieLeague

Default Re: Perth upcoming events/festivals

Originally Posted by Stormz
Rugby union Test - Australia v South Africa
20 August 2005
Head to Subiaco Oval and watch two of the world's leading rugby nations go head to head in a first class rugby match.
HAHAHAHA!

Now for a far more entertaining game.

May 7 2005, Members Equity Stadium - Cronulla Sharks V New Zealand Warriors

The might of New Zealand crosses the Tasman when the New Zealand Warriors fly into town to take on the Cronulla Sharks in the Round 9 National Rugby League clash at Members Equity Stadium on Saturday May 7.

The NRL Telstra Premiership match is shaping to be a sellout with over 25% of tickets already sold, you will have to be quick to book your seat for this blockbuster clash. With the new stadium, you'll be closer to the action than ever before with seats just metres from the action.

11,000 Western Australians experienced the hugely successfull Pre Season Trial between the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs earlier this year, the reigning premiers overcome the Rabbitohs in a thrilling match 40-16.

Corporate Hospitality is also available for the match ranging from open air boxes to fully catered suites which will give a new dimension to this world class sporting event. See the Sponsorship page for more details.

The match is the second match to be held in Perth for 2005 which is a part of the Western Australian Rugby League's push to re-establish first class Rugby League in Perth.

The public and corporate world, are invited to get on board and support the new push to get the National Rugby League back on the sporting fields of Western Australia.

Book here

Old Mar 20th 2005, 2:05 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I caught the end of Nathan Gaunt - fantastic, the parade and then some of Cubanisimo. It would have been good to see the whole set but the Mrs and kids were tired. I didn't think the event was as big as the last 2 years, still pretty good though. I was looking out for you (I know what you & Pascal look like) but didn't see you.
Uhhum.... didn't get there till 5.20
Left late, forgot map, had never been to Joondalup, so couldn't find mainstage so quickly!
But I'm sure we'll see him some other time, have heard he's good!
I saw Ash Grunwald was there too, earlier.. We'll be seeing hime(again) at the Freo Blues and Roots. He's good too, and funny! looking forward to it.

Saw the parade, had some dinner and went home. Wasn't much fun when you don't have kids... All the primary school kids were funny though.

Hey Sheila, how are you??!!! I think I've been on there when I was a kid, camping at Dwellingup. It is indeed a nice spot like Renth says!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys
We went to the Joondi festival too (didn't see Simone or Renth though ) and had a great time... I took the kids on Saturday afternoon and then we all went down for the late afternoon on Sunday. The kids loved the fair ground rides and the samba band was really cool; it was good to see Joondalup come alive at night. I'm feeling more and more that this is where we will settle and it's lovely to feel part of the place!
ATB
Larissa
Old Mar 21st 2005, 3:21 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi guys
We went to the Joondi festival too (didn't see Simone or Renth though ) and had a great time... I took the kids on Saturday afternoon and then we all went down for the late afternoon on Sunday. The kids loved the fair ground rides and the samba band was really cool; it was good to see Joondalup come alive at night. I'm feeling more and more that this is where we will settle and it's lovely to feel part of the place!
ATB
Larissa
Hey Larissa!
Was looking out for you!
Was wondering if Eloise was part of any of the parade, or didn't her school participate?

Was planning to go to Toodyay with Easter, but might go to Freo street arts festival on Saturday, and then Yanchep on Sunday and Monday. Might go horseriding with Imogen there on Sunday.... and then stay the night. Not sure where to camp there though, and if anything is free.... Better get a move on and find out...!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:23 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

How to do 7 things in one day....

1. Forget a camp light when going on a camping trip in Toodyay, so that you have to go to bed when it gets dark(7pm), and then of course wake up at 7am..... Get up, have eggs for breakfast(it's Easter!), pack up tent, say goodbye to the emu's, roos and peacocks and leave at 8.30!

2. Stop of at Avon National Park (off Toodyay rd). Gates are supposed to open at 8am, but at 9am, there's still noone around... that's Oz for you Don't wait around.

3. Take a scenic drive, detour via Gidgegannup, Mt Helena, Mundaring Weir and Kalamunda. Get home by 10.30

4. Empty car, do the washing, go on forums and check email.

5. At 1.30, leave for Cottesloe, to see Sculptures by the Sea (very nice). Walk around there for 30 mins, and move on.

6. Arrive in Fremantle at around 2.30 pm to find street artists everywhere, and the whole place is buzzing. Have so much fun, need to see as much as possible, so stay all day, have dinner, and stay till 9pm.

7. Do a rain dance, wooohoooo a thunderstorm(luckily the festival draws to a close for the day!). Driving back along Stirling Hwy, lightning everywhere, streets turn into rivers, and the when lightning strikes again, car radio goes out for a few seconds, and streetlights for nearly a minute!! Very dark!

So, yeah, Sculpturs by the Sea at Cottosloe was well worth the trip, and Freo Street Arts Festival even more so!
Tomorrow will be your last chance to take in both on one trip!

Acts I saw and would reccomend that are on tomorrow:

Gamarjobat 12-1pm near Freo Markets (some of you might have seen these guys at Joondalup Festival, very funny! ) and 2.20-3pm near Little Creatues Brewery.

Dream State Circus 1-2 pm near Cicerellos(near the harbour/Esplanade park)

Dado 2-3 pm, Cicerello's. Funny guy from Canada. The guy who walked at front of parade in Joondalup.

Fatt Matt, a well known of the southwest, but has also travelled the world. (Pascal got picked out of the crowd last year to hold the unicycle, and since then always hides behind me... he's shy...) 3-4pm at Freo Markets

Tutti Frutti, hilarious girls from Alice Springs do waterskiing.... near Little Creatures Brewery. 3-3.20pm

Ross Vegas, part of the famous Bizircus. Very funny 4-5pm Freo Markets

And there's a finale on (with everyone) at Fly By Night Club from 7 pm, $10 adults, gold coin kids under 12.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:31 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Bump for the weekend!

Can't wait for the festival tomorrow, soooo looking forward to it! (I don't think it's sold out btw )

Something else on this weekend:
Minnawarra Festival (arts and crafts, animals, food, amusement)
Armadale
Free entry, 1100 to 1930 Saturday; 1100 to 1700 Sunday
http://www.westernaustralia.com/en/s...htm?ID=9007864
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:47 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Oh yeah, another thread I've killed(over and over and over again...)

Anyway..... long weekend this weekend, yay! Rain expected on Saturday, and then sunny. And it's still quite warm(shame it gets dark so early and cools down so quickly though, but you can't have everything )

Was thinking about heading down south this weekend, and luckily our friends down there had the same idea, lol Called this evening, the Balingup Small Farm Field Day is on Saturday!!!!!

http://www.communitywise.wa.gov.au/p...s/balingup.htm
http://www.balingupsmallfarmfieldday.com.au/ (geez, that's one of the crappiest websites websites I've ever seen!!) lol, it's only $5 entry.

Anyway, won't be interesting for most, and a bit far for something so small etc, but for me it has special meaning. I performed their with my youth circus once or twice, busked with my friends, and my brother did fundraising for scouts with a sausage sizzle(I remember my dad helping too). This is about 11 years ago(can't believe it's so long!!).

Then we might go and see Emdee (Mark Hoffman), a great didgeridoo player perform in Bunbury on Sat night or Margaret River on Sunday night.

So, anyone else doing something nice this weekend?
Only thing on my list was the Perth Motor Show