Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth: things to do on holiday

Perth: things to do on holiday

Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice
Default Perth: things to do on holiday

When my parents come out in Nov they are planning a break from their granparenting duties and heading over to Perth.

As I've never been I wondered whether any of you have any ideas of things they should try and do while they're there.

They do lots of walking, love Australian wildlife and are interested in history (such as there is any in Aus!!!)

Where should I send them?
Old Oct 7th 2007, 12:32 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth: things to do on holiday

http://www.enjoyperth.net
Old Oct 7th 2007, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Fremantle Prison
Rottnest Island
Kings Park
Araluen Botanial Garden
Serpentine Falls
Wine tasting cruise up the Swan river
Trip down to Busselton and Margaret river
Historical Fremantle tour
Perth Mint
Bell tower

Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

t
[/QUOTE]
Thanks to you both for taking the time to reply. I will pass on the info to them! Always good to have insider knowledge!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:14 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

I can vouch for the wine tasting cruise - just make sure they are not driving
I sent my mum and her hubby up to the Pinnicles - they thought they were really adventurous as they left with a thermos and butties!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

Freemantle prison
West Australian reptile park
Perth zoo
Whiteman park

Had great days at all of these places
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:04 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Perth's really boring and there's nothing to do
Don't bother.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:30 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunbather View Post
Fremantle Prison
Rottnest Island
Kings Park
Araluen Botanial Garden
Serpentine Falls
Wine tasting cruise up the Swan river
Trip down to Busselton and Margaret river
Historical Fremantle tour
Perth Mint
Bell tower

Bell tower what a rip off go on the swan valley cruise first then you will get free passes to the bell tower, we did the opposite it was expensive to get in cant remember how much but a bit of a rip off so do the cruise first is my advice and get in for free.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:33 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

:
Originally Posted by nightnurse2 View Post
I can vouch for the wine tasting cruise - just make sure they are not driving
I sent my mum and her hubby up to the Pinnicles - they thought they were really adventurous as they left with a thermos and butties!
i went to magaret river twice once at new year then March when the inlaws were over i was pregnant both times bummer never got to do the wine tasting hubby was pretty pissed though getting my wine aswell