Reload this Page >

Perth - suggest a nice place to live

Perth - suggest a nice place to live

Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

shazpaul35 will become famous soon enough
Question Perth - suggest a nice place to live

Hi,
We are visiting Perth (4 days time, a bit last minute) to get a look round and get a feel for the place to see if its right for us,
Can anyone suggest a nice place to live , or places to avoid . Preferably near to a beach .
As i am a toolmaker i guess we need somewhere within commuting distance to some Industrial Engineering areas,
Also will need to be close to decent schools, Kids 10,13 & 14.
Can anyone offer some help on where to start our search for our new life/home.
Any help most appreciated., Thanks.

Paul
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:41 pm
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth - suggest a nice place to live

well pretty good infrastructure means you dont have to live on the doorstop of where you work, but being a toolmaker , i would guess you'll be working in either canning vale or welshpool, so look for burbs within 20kms of there

if you want to know which burbs are where , i always use google earth, sattellite mapping of entire cities, plus all the roads and stuff like that
download it here

Last edited by maverik1979; Aug 13th 2007 at 6:43 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

shazpaul35 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by maverik1979
well pretty good infrastructure means you dont have to live on the doorstop of where you work, but being a toolmaker , i would guess you'll be working in either canning vale or welshpool, so look for burbs within 20kms of there

if you want to know which burbs are where , i always use google earth, sattellite mapping of entire cities, plus all the roads and stuff like that
download it here
Hi Maverik.
Thanks for the info, looks like some places to start. Google earth EXCELLENT tool.
Paul.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

We're heading to Perth in January and have found Scarborough to be fairly decent, affordable, by the beach and not too far from the centre of town.

Start getting closer to town from there and prices go through the roof.

Have also been looking at Innaloo and Wembley.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Can check out Orelia, Parmelia and Kwinana for me if you fancy a trip south of the river
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Can check out Orelia, Parmelia and Kwinana for me if you fancy a trip south of the river
No thanks........... prefer the north.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:39 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

head for the hills..
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
No thanks........... prefer the north.

yeah but Im old an boring
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

shazpaul35.. I'm also a toolmaker by trade and we are looking at Kinross area. Its not far from the beach and has good schools close by.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:16 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Kwinana? Would you seriously live there with all that crap being pumped into the air by the factories?
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by worzel
Kwinana? Would you seriously live there with all that crap being pumped into the air by the factories?
That'll be why the houses are cheaper then Why does there always have to be areason for cheap housing:curse: Guess its plan B
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

That'll be why the houses are cheaper then Why does there always have to be areason for cheap housing:curse: Guess its plan B
Can't go wrong up north............ no smog............. no pollution ........... no Poms....... oohah......... that can't be right?

Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:06 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shazpaul35
Hi,
We are visiting Perth (4 days time, a bit last minute) to get a look round and get a feel for the place to see if its right for us,
Can anyone suggest a nice place to live , or places to avoid . Preferably near to a beach .
As i am a toolmaker i guess we need somewhere within commuting distance to some Industrial Engineering areas,
Also will need to be close to decent schools, Kids 10,13 & 14.
Can anyone offer some help on where to start our search for our new life/home.
Any help most appreciated., Thanks.

Paul

Check www.aussiemove.com lists all the burbs and median house prices the I think has a schools section too.

ob
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Kwinana a big no from me.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Away from the beach, up in the hills is very nice, Kalamunda, Lesmurdie, Darlington are all nice suburbs. Kalamunda seems pricey compared to the other two.
Jarrahdale is very nice but a bit further out.
Personally I would avoid Armadale and Seville Grove.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.