Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

perth suburb maps anyone??!!

perth suburb maps anyone??!!

Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default perth suburb maps anyone??!!

We're hoping to move to perth later this year and have been looking at various (mainly southern) suburbs online but I like to have it sitting in front of me so I can see the different areas/locality

Has anyone managed to get a good map of perth suburbs they can recommend??

Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Re: perth suburb maps anyone??!!

Here is one on an estate agent site - even gives you the average property prices in each suburb....very helpful (also a little small to read in places !)

http://reiwa.com/res/res-growingsuburbs-display.cfm

Hope it helps !

Nix
Old Jun 24th 2007, 1:08 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwife2be
We're hoping to move to perth later this year and have been looking at various (mainly southern) suburbs online but I like to have it sitting in front of me so I can see the different areas/locality

Thanks
Hi

Try a good bookshop, I bought a book about Perth from Ottakars with a map. My OH also bought me a good map from a map shop in London cos I like to have one in my hand (so to speak!) so I can look properly.

Shirley
Old Jun 24th 2007, 2:13 pm
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

Try these ..........

http://www.mapsworldwide.com/sku_9854.htm

That map is so good that I bought most of my family copies so they knew where I was.

Marc.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 2:29 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: perth suburb maps anyone??!!

Thanks
Get a UBD as soon as you arrive.

Old Jun 24th 2007, 2:34 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2007, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

flickander is an unknown quantity at this point

I have found this website quite useful too!

http://www.aussiemove.com/city/city.asp?c=7&f=9
Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:22 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
We bought all our maps and books from Amazon...very cheap and quick delivery

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Aust...158607-1003159
Old Jun 24th 2007, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all your fantastic replies I was especially impressed with cadburysfingers impressive attachment!!!!

I'm getting sick of trawling around local bookshops with no luck so i'll add your links to my favourites.

Thanks again
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:39 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
You might find www.whereis.com.au quite handy.
You have the option to find specific places or I use it quite often to confirm how far point A is from point B.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Alan- will become famous soon enough

Try here as well.

http://www.migrate360.com

You can look at parts of them, if you have the player, in a virtual tour.

Addictive though !!

Alan.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:56 am
ozzies now love it!!!

roos is on a distinguished road

Thanks
If you have a Waterstones near you, try them. We picked up a great Brisbane map 3.5 yrs ago before we moved here. Remember that they also had all major Aus cities. Nothing beats a good map when you're sat in front of the PC looking at houses from 12k miles away
Had we known about it though, whereis would have been a useful aid.
Good luck
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

exceedinglygoodcakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya midwife,
Have you tried google earth, http://earth.google.com/

Its a free download and is magic on a broadband connection, its so addictive. If you turn on the google earth community interest points then you will see all the suburbs as some kind person has entered them all.

Cheers
Ad
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm sooooo excited - my new map has just arrived

I checked out your recommendations and managed to find a map that has all the suburbs on from Quinns Rock in the North down to Port Kennedy in the south and across to Mt Helena (wherever that is?!)

Hang on there's even a bit that goes down to Albany and has an index of the suburbs - OMG I'm in heaven

Here's a link to it if anybody wants it

http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/...43451408-21103

Thanks to all who replied xx

It also has a CBD too, I've added another link as no pic with blackwell one!!
http://www.mapsworldwide.com/sku_19250.htm

Last edited by midwife2be; Jun 28th 2007 at 10:37 am. Reason: forgot to say something
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:11 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add another one - I often use google maps

www.maps.google.com.au

Its always useful!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.