perth sub

Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth sub

Originally Posted by benedict1843
Thank you all for your replies, If i could put my budget up to $450 $500 where would you lot live?
We like to be near Sports Venues, Theatres and Various Resturants, Deli's etc so we would live near the City and just trip down to places like Rockingham and Mandurah.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by benedict1843
Thank you all for your replies, If i could put my budget up to $450 $500 where would you lot live?
Honestly?

We looked for ages at that sort of price and found nothing (personally) that we liked.

Then we upped our amount and moved to an apartment in Burswood.

Ment that we had awesome views, no gardening to do, loads of resturants and bars on the doorstep and near a train station to get into the CBD.

We moved half way round to world, and there was no way we were going to carry on and do UK style 45/60min commutes to work.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bibbs
Honestly?

We looked for ages at that sort of price and found nothing (personally) that we liked.

Then we upped our amount and moved to an apartment in Burswood.

Ment that we had awesome views, no gardening to do, loads of resturants and bars on the doorstep and near a train station to get into the CBD.

We moved half way round to world, and there was no way we were going to carry on and do UK style 45/60min commutes to work.
Upped the rent to what???

also OP asked for a Young Outdoor family... I (maybe wrongly?) assumed they had small people ... its not much fun ... apartment living with ankle biters... I did it.. wouldnt do it again anywhere
Old Jan 29th 2013, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

They may have kids, but they asked where WE would live.

"If i could put my budget up to $450 $500 where would you lot live?"

And I replied, with what we did when we were originally looking at $450/$500. We upped our budget to around $600 a week, but it was woth it (for us).

It's rare for people to walk to the beach. Most houses are near a basic park. A lot people get in the car to go to either. So I'd recon you live closer to where the work is, and then you'll have more home time to pack the car and do stuff with the family.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

They may have kids, but they asked where WE would live.

"If i could put my budget up to $450 $500 where would you lot live?"

And I replied, with what we did when we were originally looking at $450/$500. We upped our budget to around $600 a week, but it was woth it (for us).

It's rare for people to walk to the beach. Most houses are near a basic park. A lot people get in the car to go to either. So I'd recon you live closer to where the work is, and then you'll have more home time to pack the car and do stuff with the family.
Thats what we did as well,l had more time at home so more time to sightsee. We looked at the first show apartment in East Perth (they were still clearing the derelict buildings back then) its a lovely spot now and they have done really well with the development.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

And that is why I will never understand why a lot of people move to Perth. Living in suburbia and needing to drive to anywhere. Which for most means they never will. For the cost of the visa you can have a fee holidays every year to the beach in Europe.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
And that is why I will never understand why a lot of people move to Perth. Living in suburbia and needing to drive to anywhere. Which for most means they never will. For the cost of the visa you can have a fee holidays every year to the beach in Europe.
Ok... Maybe the exception... Due to house prices being cheaper down our way..... we have a location where we walk to the beach and walk to the city centre....walk to the restaurants/cafes and cinemas.... Walk to schools etc... Walk to scouts... Police cadets... Youth clubs...mother and toddler groups and church....

When we want the bright lights of Perth /international cricket/AFL / The Glory there is the train... And a 35 minute ride....

He works a 10 minute drive away..I used to work a 7 minute ride away....

In the uk we were FURTHER away than any of these "attractions"
Old Jan 30th 2013, 11:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in a village in the UK and had to drive everywhere, last bus to nearest town was at 6pm. If you live in a big City public transport is better but country UK it's much worse.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by eddie007
Ok... Maybe the exception... Due to house prices being cheaper down our way..... we have a location where we walk to the beach and walk to the city centre....walk to the restaurants/cafes and cinemas.... Walk to schools etc... Walk to scouts... Police cadets... Youth clubs...mother and toddler groups and church....

When we want the bright lights of Perth /international cricket/AFL / The Glory there is the train... And a 35 minute ride....

He works a 10 minute drive away..I used to work a 7 minute ride away....

In the uk we were FURTHER away than any of these "attractions"
Sorry for me Rockingham is just another bland sub with a shopping centre (all be it re modernised) it really is just housing estates that happen to be near a beach. BUT we all have different tastes etc and if your happy where you live then thats all that counts.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
I lived in a village in the UK and had to drive everywhere, last bus to nearest town was at 6pm. If you live in a big City public transport is better but country UK it's much worse.
LOL have you ever lived Country W.A? I have done both and in all honesty its the same usually is when you live rural.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:41 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
LOL have you ever lived Country W.A? I have done both and in all honesty its the same usually is when you live rural.
No but that is not what we are comparing. Someone earlier said you have to drive everywhere in Perth and that you don't do the same in the UK. I don't think that is the case. I do drive everywhere but I know people in my suburb who don't drive and manage perfectly well.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
No but that is not what we are comparing. Someone earlier said you have to drive everywhere in Perth and that you don't do the same in the UK. I don't think that is the case. I do drive everywhere but I know people in my suburb who don't drive and manage perfectly well.
Sorry I thought you mentioned the UK, I did not know a sole who used public transport ...(sorry our eldest son did before he got his drivers license) we last lived in the Subs and the buses were not very frequent etc during the day and in all honestly the thought of walking (which I do everyday)to the stores and carrying back shopping etc in the heat without any shade is a good reason to drive everywhere, honestly everyone we knew had cars, kids even had them (well 17) is a kid to me lol.....drives were full of cars, what first amazed me is that 99% of the Mums I knew use to drive their children to school (I use to walk as I have always lived 5 mins away from schools) but our neighbour use to drive just seems to be the culture but there is nothing wrong with that, I like to use my car here in the UK if I am going a distance but I use the public transport a lot and also walk a huge amount, same for my friends etc. in fact our two were amazed by how many Mums were walking their children to school when we first arrived home.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by brits1
Sorry I thought you mentioned the UK, I did not know a sole who used public transport ...(sorry our eldest son did before he got his drivers license) we last lived in the Subs and the buses were not very frequent etc during the day and in all honestly the thought of walking (which I do everyday)to the stores and carrying back shopping etc in the heat without any shade is a good reason to drive everywhere, honestly everyone we knew had cars, kids even had them (well 17) is a kid to me lol.....drives were full of cars, what first amazed me is that 99% of the Mums I knew use to drive their children to school (I use to walk as I have always lived 5 mins away from schools) but our neighbour use to drive just seems to be the culture but there is nothing wrong with that, I like to use my car here in the UK if I am going a distance but I use the public transport a lot and also walk a huge amount, same for my friends etc. in fact our two were amazed by how many Mums were walking their children to school when we first arrived home.
I did mention the UK. I said that when I lived in the UK I also had to drive everywhere because I lived in a village with very little public transport. What I was trying to say that not everywhere in Perth has crap public transport and some people (like me) are happy with it because they came from a village where there wasn't a very good service.

My 15 year old daughter uses public transport all the time to the beach, shopping centres, city etc. Doing a full weeks shop would be hard here without a car but I would imagine the same in the UK. Hardly going to be walking with 15 shopping bags. Our local IGA is a 10 min walk and I just send the kids for milk or bread if I can't be bothered!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Why did I move from SE UK?

I can do 'outdoors' stuff every day for 9 months of the year (instead of 4 weeks holiday).
I currently earn x4 what i did in the UK.
My commute is 30mins with no traffic (instead of 45/60mins of traffic).
Houses are cheaper/bigger.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Why did I move from SE UK?

I can do 'outdoors' stuff every day for 9 months of the year (instead of 4 weeks holiday).
I currently earn x4 what i did in the UK.
My commute is 30mins with no traffic (instead of 45/60mins of traffic).
Houses are cheaper/bigger.
I can do outdoors stuff everyday for 12months of the year here and still have fantastic holidays both at home and abroad.
I earned more money in Aus but I had to as cost of living was more expensive.
My commute in both countries always depended on where we lived and worked.
Houses are not cheaper in Aus and as everywhere if you have the budget you can afford bigger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.