Perth shopping

Old Sep 14th 2003, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Default Perth shopping

Good news for Perth shoppers, two new stores are on their way to Karrinyup shopping centre, the Early Learning Centre & Accessorize (one my daughter loves!). Just thought I'd share that with you!

Went to Toys R Us in central Perth today and they do have a baby section (seem to remember someone asking). It wasn't huge, but adequate. They have just started a system similar to lay by called play by. If memory serves, you have to spend $100 plus, then they divide total by four. You pay a quarter on the day, take goods away with you & then pay a further quarter for the next three months, as they haven't the storage space.

Seem also to remember someone asking about baby products so had a quick look in the supermarket yesterday. Formula milks, most i hadn't heard of but they did have SMA & another one by Heinz called Nurture, plus others. Baby foods - loads of jars & tins by Heinz. Forgot to look at nappies, boredom threshold was exceeded by that stage, sorry!!

Hope it helps!

Loopy
Old Sep 14th 2003, 4:16 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth shopping

Originally posted by Loopy
Good news for Perth shoppers, two new stores are on their way to Karrinyup shopping centre, the Early Learning Centre & Accessorize (one my daughter loves!). Just thought I'd share that with you!

Went to Toys R Us in central Perth today and they do have a baby section (seem to remember someone asking). It wasn't huge, but adequate. They have just started a system similar to lay by called play by. If memory serves, you have to spend $100 plus, then they divide total by four. You pay a quarter on the day, take goods away with you & then pay a further quarter for the next three months, as they haven't the storage space.

Seem also to remember someone asking about baby products so had a quick look in the supermarket yesterday. Formula milks, most i hadn't heard of but they did have SMA & another one by Heinz called Nurture, plus others. Baby foods - loads of jars & tins by Heinz. Forgot to look at nappies, boredom threshold was exceeded by that stage, sorry!!

Hope it helps!

Loopy
Great news, thanks for that Loopy.

ACE
Old Sep 14th 2003, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news about the ELC - I love that shop the toys are really well made. I wonder if there are any planned for the Brissy area?

I am waiting for the day that Asda-Walmart get out there. They need a decent supermarket chain in Aus. I can't believe that they are not out there already. After all they are huge in Britain and the States and they have Kmart and Target which are American stores. Oh well maybe one day. Then no-one will be able to moan about lack of choice in the supermarkets!

I love Asda over here, every time I go it seems to get cheaper! Luckily the one near me is 24hrs - I will miss that when I get to Aus!
Old Sep 15th 2003, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

ALDI are on their way!!

Good news on the cheap vodka front!

Old Sep 15th 2003, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by tinaj
Great news about the ELC - I love that shop the toys are really well made. I wonder if there are any planned for the Brissy area?

I am waiting for the day that Asda-Walmart get out there. They need a decent supermarket chain in Aus. I can't believe that they are not out there already. After all they are huge in Britain and the States and they have Kmart and Target which are American stores. Oh well maybe one day. Then no-one will be able to moan about lack of choice in the supermarkets!

I love Asda over here, every time I go it seems to get cheaper! Luckily the one near me is 24hrs - I will miss that when I get to Aus!
!! cheap groceries 24 hours a day. OMG We are on a different planet
Old Sep 15th 2003, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Loopy
Good news for Perth shoppers, two new stores are on their way to Karrinyup shopping centre, the Early Learning Centre ...Loopy
There are a couple of ELCs in Sydney, but I have to say they are not a patch on the UK ones for quality and choice. We found them very small and very expensive.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Toys R US, shame shame. That is all I can say, Perth is becoming Americanised. EEK. I am so dissappointed. So now I can't even come home and not be reminded of all things in yankee land Oh well I guess kids everywhere will love the place