Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

perth secret harbour rekkie

perth secret harbour rekkie

Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough
Smile perth secret harbour rekkie

Hi all

have just returned from a 3 week trip to perth to validate our visas, it was even better than i imagined, we lived in a rental house and led a normal life i.e. everyday boring jobs, food shopping, washing, cooking, looking round furniture shops etc to try to get a taste of real life not holiday life, of course we did all the touristy trips as well.

In conclusion secret harbour is where we want to settle and will do so end of this year pending house sale.

If you have any questions i can help anybody with about secret harbour or perth just ask away, as in 3 weeks i have amassed loads of info.

we looked at lots of houses until the estate agents realised we were not buying then they were not happy bunnies and also looked and tried new and second hand cars just to compare what you actually get for your money.

Ask away

sue and mick
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:13 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth secret harbour rekkie

if i was you i would get over there quick,i predict there is going to be a small housing boom in the next three months or so..

i did the same as you,i tried not to do the holiday thing,but to be honest its hard not to because everyday things that they do in perth are like a holiday experience for us..
we to loved perth.

we also looked at secrete harbour,isn't it fantastic.we have decided to live away from the beach ,as we want the beaches to be a day out for us...

glad you loved it,,,it looks like there may be a party on the beach this year with all you expats heading to secrete harbour..

aston
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sue and mick
Hi all

have just returned from a 3 week trip to perth to validate our visas, it was even better than i imagined, we lived in a rental house and led a normal life i.e. everyday boring jobs, food shopping, washing, cooking, looking round furniture shops etc to try to get a taste of real life not holiday life, of course we did all the touristy trips as well.

In conclusion secret harbour is where we want to settle and will do so end of this year pending house sale.

If you have any questions i can help anybody with about secret harbour or perth just ask away, as in 3 weeks i have amassed loads of info.

we looked at lots of houses until the estate agents realised we were not buying then they were not happy bunnies and also looked and tried new and second hand cars just to compare what you actually get for your money.

Ask away

sue and mick

Hi guys

Glad you had a good one, we were out there same time as Aston, remember the meet last, year well most of those, bar you and us, are all there now. We must be stragglers!

We to had agreat time in Perth and pending house sale will be there asap.

Mick

PS Keep in touch and Aston Man hows things
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:21 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Hi all

Ask away

sue and mick
Secret Harbour is the best suburb in WA to buy in at the moment. It's so under valued it's unbelievable.

We didn't settle there in the end because of schooling concerns/delays to the railway line etc (I work in the CBD). But in 10 years, it will be one of the most exclusive sought after suburbs in the state.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

We live 10 mins closer to Perth than Secret Harbour I wish someone here wanted to swap houses in the UK!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 12:42 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Secret Harbour is the best suburb in WA to buy in at the moment. It's so under valued it's unbelievable.

We didn't settle there in the end because of schooling concerns/delays to the railway line etc (I work in the CBD). But in 10 years, it will be one of the most exclusive sought after suburbs in the state.
Do you think? I think it's blooming expensive!

Every week in the papers they speculate about the 'rising stars' of real estate. Warnbro's one to watch, I reckon. Not too hot at the moment, but on the up.

How's things, Dom? Settled?

Jules x
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:37 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Sue and Mick,

Great post , we are also looking at secret harbour area and the more we read the better it becomes. What are the schools like there, we have two kids 10 and 5 yrs. I have found some info on the int but it would be great to hear what you thought. We are hoping to be out there at the end of May.

Jo
Old Feb 25th 2007, 1:23 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by julesandco
Do you think? I think it's blooming expensive!

Every week in the papers they speculate about the 'rising stars' of real estate. Warnbro's one to watch, I reckon. Not too hot at the moment, but on the up.

How's things, Dom? Settled?

Jules x
IMO, there may be other areas of seemingly better value down there Jules, but nothing with the class and uniqueness of SH.

I think when you consider Perth will soon be commutable, and the price of a house is comparable to some of the more tired, in land suburbs NOR, it's still great value.

When they complete the 5* development on the front I think the gulf will become more evident.

We've settled in fine now thanks mate. Lovin it here.

Got some relllies coming out next month, which we can't wait for as the kids are starting to ask about them. Perfect timing.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:06 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
IMO, there may be other areas of seemingly better value down there Jules, but nothing with the class and uniqueness of SH.

I think when you consider Perth will soon be commutable, and the price of a house is comparable to some of the more tired, in land suburbs NOR, it's still great value.

When they complete the 5* development on the front I think the gulf will become more evident.

We've settled in fine now thanks mate. Lovin it here.

Got some relllies coming out next month, which we can't wait for as the kids are starting to ask about them. Perfect timing.
Fairy snuff! Glad you're settled and loving it!

Take care,

Jules x
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue, glad you finally got over here even if it was just the rekkie. Even more pleased that it lived up to expectations. Get that house sold and get over to Perth for goodness sake. Hope you Mick and the kids are well. Our meets just seem a lifetime ago now.

Looking forward to the "oh my god, what are we doing" thread
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: perth secret harbour rekkie

Hi penny

hope you are well

dont worry we will be out to perth asap we loved everything about it, hope everything is still going well for you.

Jo in secret harbour itis almost split in 2 so depending in which half you live you go to the relevant school we looked round comet bay primary school it only opened in feb i was very impressed although they are about a year behind us so bear that in mind the school years are not the same for example i spoke to the year 1 teacher they have not started phonics reading or writing whereas my son is in year one since sep he has finished phonics and can read and write, but the schools attitude to that was impressive and were very accomodating about it, I did not visit secret harbour primary just for the reason that no schools will take you until you either have a rental agreement, house agreement and need to see immunisation records and a passport, but once you have these i have been told it is very straight forward, we also looked at comet bay high which is also brand new and was also very impressed.

any more questions just ask

sue
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

The Moore Family will become famous soon enoughThe Moore Family will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: perth secret harbour rekkie

Hi penny

hope you are well

dont worry we will be out to perth asap we loved everything about it, hope everything is still going well for you.

Jo in secret harbour itis almost split in 2 so depending in which half you live you go to the relevant school we looked round comet bay primary school it only opened in feb i was very impressed although they are about a year behind us so bear that in mind the school years are not the same for example i spoke to the year 1 teacher they have not started phonics reading or writing whereas my son is in year one since sep he has finished phonics and can read and write, but the schools attitude to that was impressive and were very accomodating about it, I did not visit secret harbour primary just for the reason that no schools will take you until you either have a rental agreement, house agreement and need to see immunisation records and a passport, but once you have these i have been told it is very straight forward, we also looked at comet bay high which is also brand new and was also very impressed.

any more questions just ask

sue
Hi, we are also heading for Secret Harbour around September time. My eldest son is 6 and is in year one, i was also wondering what would happen when he starts, do they put them up a year or do they have to repeat everything.
I have been on the website and the school looks great, haven't really seen much about comet bay primary yet as there is not as much info on their website.
Any info you have would be great.

Thanks

Nicky
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:06 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Moore Family
Hi, we are also heading for Secret Harbour around September time. My eldest son is 6 and is in year one, i was also wondering what would happen when he starts, do they put them up a year or do they have to repeat everything.
I have been on the website and the school looks great, haven't really seen much about comet bay primary yet as there is not as much info on their website.
Any info you have would be great.

Thanks

Nicky

We moved here early Feb and my daughter attends Comet Bay Primary. In the UK, she was in year 3 but here she's gone into year 2 but her class is a mixed class of yrs 2 & 3 and her teacher has said she's working with the year 3's and she's still making friends with kids her own age