Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth - Scrounger City?

Perth - Scrounger City?

Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:24 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Perth - Scrounger City?

What's the point of Perth?

"A small market, occupied by just 1.8 million residents, it's a state covering more than 2.5 million [square] kilometres, with its primary economy is driven by energy, mining and farming producing a GDP of US$39.3 billion to roughly 10 per cent of Australia's total GDP."

"Perth's thriving manufacturing sector contributes around 10 per cent of the State's exports. Key products include high speed ferries, chemicals, mining equipment, information and communication technology and processed foods and beverages."

Doing Business in Perth - Western Australia

"Perth is classified as metropolitan with a predominantly service-based economy that also makes a small contribution to the State’s total mining activity. Professional services, which includes legal, accounting and business services, are amongst the fastest growing components of international trade for Perth, due to its close proximity to Asia."

Fact sheet - Perth - Western Australia

So: Perth has most of WA's population and produces least of the State's export value. In other words its a city of washer folk taking in each others washing. The rest of the time they spend watching each oither watching each other.

Seems to me Perth only needs 100K people to do the real work; the rest scrounge from each other.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 10:04 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth - Scrounger City?

Originally posted by Megalania

"A small market, occupied by just 1.8 million residents, it's a state covering more than 2.5 million [square] kilometres, with its primary economy is driven by energy, mining and farming producing a GDP of US$39.3 billion to roughly 10 per cent of Australia's total GDP."

"Perth's thriving manufacturing sector contributes around 10 per cent of the State's exports. Key products include high speed ferries, chemicals, mining equipment, information and communication technology and processed foods and beverages."

Doing Business in Perth - Western Australia

"Perth is classified as metropolitan with a predominantly service-based economy that also makes a small contribution to the State’s total mining activity. Professional services, which includes legal, accounting and business services, are amongst the fastest growing components of international trade for Perth, due to its close proximity to Asia."

Fact sheet - Perth - Western Australia

So: Perth has most of WA's population and produces least of the State's export value. In other words its a city of washer folk taking in each others washing. The rest of the time they spend watching each oither watching each other.

Seems to me Perth only needs 100K people to do the real work; the rest scrounge from each other.
if only pb could see you now megs he`d be so proud
Old Feb 27th 2004, 10:11 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by wengerboy
if only pb could see you now megs he`d be so proud
If immos go to WA, think bush, think mining or related downstream industries, perhaps forestry.

Perth is overflowing with soft scouser scroungers with pudgy rounded elbows.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 10:14 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

If immos go to WA, think bush, think mining or related downstream industries, perhaps forestry.

think mining!heard that twice now this week :scared: once from you and once from a perthie:scared:
Old Feb 27th 2004, 10:27 pm
Banned

think mining!heard that twice now this week :scared: once from you and once from a perthie:scared:
Can't handle the pace: buy a dog washing business and die poor - unless you become a franchisor to the endless stream of soft Poms.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:16 pm
Up The Arse!!

Can't handle the pace: buy a dog washing business and die poor - unless you become a franchisor to the endless stream of soft Poms.
perth it is then
Old Feb 28th 2004, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

SentApril2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like Vancouver, British Columbia
Old Feb 28th 2004, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Far from being overflowing with "soft scouser scrougers"I have yet to meet a scouser who is either of the above.The few scousers I have met have been hard working(carrying on in the heat when others have packed it in,just come and spend a day on a house removal in 40+).Or they are self employed,visit Hillarys/Sorrento quays,and tell the scouser there that he's a soft scrounger.One of his shops is about to open called shades or something similar.
BTW.I have tried to ignore this remark for 2 hours but fid it very difficult.I left my house yesterday at 0515 and got home at 2230,after doing a large removal from Bindoon to Two rocks.
Yes I am from Merseyside soon to return and will work just has hard there as I have here and if you took the time you would find that over 90% of scousers are the same as myself.If you would like to inspect my elbows I would be happy to oblige (before tuesday)You will find that they or I aren't anything like pudgy.
Looking forward to your blinkered reply about scousers and others.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 7:40 am
Banned

Originally posted by chris hogan
Far from being overflowing with "soft scouser scrougers"I have yet to meet a scouser who is either of the above.The few scousers I have met have been hard working(carrying on in the heat when others have packed it in,just come and spend a day on a house removal in 40+).Or they are self employed,visit Hillarys/Sorrento quays,and tell the scouser there that he's a soft scrounger.One of his shops is about to open called shades or something similar.
BTW.I have tried to ignore this remark for 2 hours but fid it very difficult.I left my house yesterday at 0515 and got home at 2230,after doing a large removal from Bindoon to Two rocks.
Yes I am from Merseyside soon to return and will work just has hard there as I have here and if you took the time you would find that over 90% of scousers are the same as myself.If you would like to inspect my elbows I would be happy to oblige (before tuesday)You will find that they or I aren't anything like pudgy.
Looking forward to your blinkered reply about scousers and others.
I retract "scouser" - too much poetic license - sorry.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

I retract "scouser" - too much poetic license - sorry.
Accepted thank you
Old Feb 28th 2004, 11:45 am
Banned

Originally posted by chris hogan
Accepted thank you
I'm pissed off at myself - not sure I'd recognise a "scouser" if I met one.

My point is really that Perth does have good jobs and lifestyle to offer but people should remember that it's wealth is derived from primary production fishing, farming, mining and downstream processing.

A lot of the work is physical and some of the better paid jobs require time in the bush. Those not prepared for bush work limit their options for making a quid and may be surprised that they would actually enjoy work in the bush or at least the experience.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 6:52 pm
Up The Arse!!

My point is really that Perth does have good jobs and lifestyle to offer but people should remember that it's wealth is derived from primary production fishing, farming, mining and downstream processing.

A lot of the work is physical and some of the better paid jobs require time in the bush. Those not prepared for bush work limit their options for making a quid and may be surprised that they would actually enjoy work in the bush or at least the experience.
just in case you fancy givin it a go megs www.brandrill.com.au www.ausdrill.com.au www.HWE.com.au
Old Feb 28th 2004, 7:14 pm
WBB

here ya go megs.
Attached Thumbnails Perth - Scrounger City?-scousers.jpg  

Old Feb 28th 2004, 7:21 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by WBB
here ya go megs.
ROFLMAO
Old Feb 28th 2004, 10:23 pm
Banned

just in case you fancy givin it a go megs www.brandrill.com.au www.ausdrill.com.au www.HWE.com.au
Top gear - perfect examples - ah to be young again. Mountains of Memories.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.