Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth....RUGBY LEAGUE

Wikiposts

Perth....RUGBY LEAGUE

Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth....RUGBY LEAGUE

Originally Posted by copa
Charming.

Millions of Australians would disagree.

How unusual.. a rugby union fan going on a rugby league thread and ruining it.

Why?
Millions of others would agree.

Chill, you won't last 5 minutes on this website if you are this sensitive.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Get him playing union, the proper code of Rugby. It is the sport of kings. Perth has a super 14 team, the Western Force from next year

Thought the Sport of Kings was Horse Racing Don,t mind either code,but we are in Bradford and he plays for a junior team in the shadow of Odsal Stadium.When the change to summer super league came along that was it for him and he was hooked.
We were over in Perth in August and watched a game of junior ozzie rules and the big derby game.Great game played with alot of passion.
Anyway,thanks to all for their advice.

Ian
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:50 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by copa
The double than expected Melbourne viewing audience for the NRL final and State of Origin shocked everyone and shows RL has potential there.

If you don't like it. Keep your thoughts to yourself.
What, you mean 8 watched it instead of 4?

Rugby League in Oz summed up in two words: Cantebury Bulldogs
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradfordlad
Thought the Sport of Kings was Horse Racing Don,t mind either code,but we are in Bradford and he plays for a junior team in the shadow of Odsal Stadium.When the change to summer super league came along that was it for him and he was hooked.
We were over in Perth in August and watched a game of junior ozzie rules and the big derby game.Great game played with alot of passion.
Anyway,thanks to all for their advice.

Ian
That's cool. I'm glad he enjoys it. Kids should be encouraged in any sport that they choose. It certainly beats playing on a PS2 all day.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
What, you mean 8 watched it instead of 4?

Rugby League in Oz summed up in two words: Cantebury Bulldogs
Hi renth

hopefully be living in your neck of the woods March/April 2006.Be good to have a day/night out a any sporting event.I will probably be on to you for any info you can give us.

Ian
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:21 am
Proudly Deplorable

Hi renth

hopefully be living in your neck of the woods March/April 2006.Be good to have a day/night out a any sporting event.I will probably be on to you for any info you can give us.

Ian
Super 14 starts in February, although the Western Force have some warm up games in January. I think they have 6 home games in S14. This year they are playing at Subiaco Oval but next year they move to Members Equity stadium.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Super 14 starts in February, although the Western Force have some warm up games in January. I think they have 6 home games in S14. This year they are playing at Subiaco Oval but next year they move to Members Equity stadium.
Thanks Amazulu
certainly hope to catch a game or two with the union crowd.Will you be catching a game or watching from your armchair?
Cheers again
Ian
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Thanks Amazulu
certainly hope to catch a game or two with the union crowd.Will you be catching a game or watching from your armchair?
Cheers again
Ian
I plan to go to some games. My team from South Africa, The Bulls are playing here, so I will definitely go to that. I think S14 is shown on Foxtel (satellite), so will probably go to the pub to watch some games.

Have a look at their website:

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/wa/