Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Royal Show

Perth Royal Show

Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:09 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Perth Royal Show

I notice that the Perth Royal Show starts in a week or so.

Anyone been before that can tell me what it's like? Is it worth a visit?
Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:18 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Perth Royal Show

It's huge. A proper day out. Go early, be prepared for a long one! Animals, motorbikes, cars, fairground rides, showbags, camel rides etc etc etc.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been before but here is the website

I've been told it can be quite expensive going with children due to the added cost of rides and showbags.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:46 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I love it, because I love animals and farm stuff
And there's street theatre, etc etc.

But I don't have kids, and I agree it would get quite expensive with them.
Though, they have a special deal for the wednesday that kids in in free if they have a brownes carton (or something like that, check the website). And if you go the whole day, and make a strict limit before hand on what they can spend on showbags and rides, might be ok...

To give you a better idea, these are the two posts I wrote about the show in 04 and 05 (don't know if we'll go again. One reason is there's two pet expo's coming up around November, and they'll be cheaper, and maybe just as much fun. Especially the one in the Perth Convention Centre, baby animals etc. Will do post on blog about it soon).

So, 2004 (mm, not that intersesting, just some photos):
http://www.enjoyperth.net/2004/10/perth-royal-show-04/
And 2005 (mm, also a shorter post than I remember making!):
http://www.enjoyperth.net/2005/09/perth-royal-show-05/
Oh well, hope that gives you a bit better idea!
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
I notice that the Perth Royal Show starts in a week or so.

Anyone been before that can tell me what it's like? Is it worth a visit?
Yes, it makes for a nice day out. But with kids, the rides soon add up, we have to put a limit on how many they go on. And the show bags - I don't get all the fuss about them - they're just glorified carrier bags full of tacky gifts - like crackers at Xmas, everyone wants one then moans because the cheap plastic thing falls apart a few hours later! Well there are more expensive show bags available, some much better than others I guess, but to keep the kids happy we let them choose a chocolate one eg Freddo's or Cadbury's. Last year the government offered vouchers for free kids places (just before election time I believe ). This year my two girls are on duty as St John's cadets, so that's two less to pay for and they won't be able to go on any rides so the day out is working out much cheaper already

After the Perth show is over, similar events are repeated on a smaller scale around various parts of WA, so if you don't make it to Perth, try the country ones instead eg Brunswick or Harvey.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:24 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacqui

After the Perth show is over, similar events are repeated on a smaller scale around various parts of WA, so if you don't make it to Perth, try the country ones instead eg Brunswick or Harvey.
Good point! I was just talking to someone on the Kelmscott Show!
There's not official website up (only one for last year), and it's on Friday 20 October and Saturday 21 October (we were discussing what the dates were)

The 108th Kelmscott Annual Show will be held at Rushton Park Showground, Kelmscott, on Friday 20 and Saturday 21 October 2006.

There will be exhibitions, displays, competitions, farm animals, horse events, log chopping, sideshows, bands, dancing and clowns.

At 8.30pm on each night there will be a fireworks spectacular.