Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

perth royal show

perth royal show

Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future
Default perth royal show

hi all
has anyone been yet??
what did you think??
hoping to go soon - just wondered what others thought - have heard it can be very expensive & not worth the money

what do you think????

ttfn

pootle26
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: perth royal show

Originally Posted by pootle26
hi all
has anyone been yet??
what did you think??
hoping to go soon - just wondered what others thought - have heard it can be very expensive & not worth the money

what do you think????

ttfn

pootle26
We went on sunday, was absolutly packed i guess everyone was same as us and decided to stay and watch the AFL final on the saturday.
Anyway we had fantastic day, weather was good and there was far too much to see and do, needed 2 days really. Yes it was abit expensive by time kids bought show bags and we all went on alot of the rides. They even got me on the rollercoaster :scared: 1st time ever and yes the last time too!!!
It can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be.
Was shattered by end of day as we arrived there at 9am and stayed untill 9pm to watch the fireworks. One iof the best displays we had ever seen

Have a good day and where comfortable shoes

Claire
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:51 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pootle26
hi all
has anyone been yet??
what did you think??

what do you think????

ttfn

pootle26

I took my family when they came over to stay. We really enjoyed it but we love horses and thats why we went.

Our daughter loved all thoses bag things, I forgot about those!! I think the parking can be a bit of a rip off. Home owners let you park on their drives for a fee. Some must have been raking in the $'s!!!

As a one off I would go, it's worth it and it's for the day.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:20 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Yup, we went on Saturday (chosen specially cos the footy was on, thought it would be a tad quieter. It was, no queues really for anything!).

Thought it was fab and good value for money at $18 for adults. Our kids are under 5 so don't know how much kids are.

It really is as expensive or cheap as you want to make it. There's a million and one things to see that are free, but the rides and show bags are enticing!

I loved it, and can't wait for the kids to be older so we can stay for the fireworks. I 've been listening to the bangs every night at 9, but its not quite the same!

Would definitely recommend it, but we were lucky with the day we chose to go.

Parked up by Graylands primary school, free, 10 minute walk to grounds. The school are charging $7 to use their grounds to park.

Only downside - managed to not put sunblock on my chest, was wearing a v neck tshirt and got well burnt. It was quite a chilly day only about 18 degrees with a cold wind, so learnt first hand about the intense aussie sun. Had blocked everything else and was wearing a hat - won't make that mistake again!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:13 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

HI
Went today, its the 2nd time we have been and found it identical to last year, a lot of the stalls where exactly the same as last years so we decided to miss next year and make it a day out every couple of years.
Like the show bags though, got my usual womans mag bag and goodies, Steve got the FHM bag for a giggle, he is reading one of the mags as I type, an article on Womens fantasy's or something along that line, he's finding it very amusing though.

Jenny
Old Sep 29th 2005, 5:22 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

We went on Monday, with my brother who hadn't been in 10 years.

We were there at 9 am, and didn't leave till 6 pm. OMG, how our feet and legs hurt!!

We love it, especially seeing all the animals.
We also look at all the agricultural displays, police, RAC, schools, heritage, Malaysia, Carnarvon, food tasting, all that stuff. We quickly walk through all the commercial stalls in the pavilions. Also don't really do sideshow alley.

It is a bit the same each year, so might not go next year, but I still like it, and this year we saw pigracing/jumping of diving board and chook washing
Also saw some street theater.

We paid $7 for parking, along the train line(5 min walk to gate 8), the Lions Club organised that. Further along residents were asking $10 to park on driveways etc,
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

thanks for that guys

tomorrow is the last day so we will go down then

pootle26