Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth rental: Bills $180: good deal? Worth the hassle?

Perth rental: Bills $180: good deal? Worth the hassle?

Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:11 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth rental: Bills $180: good deal? Worth the hassle?

Hi,

we've found what looks like a really nice furnished rental. We have the option of a rental cost with all bills included (but 'phone excluded) or a rental cost with no bills included.

The difference is $180 per month.

Background info
The rental has fully ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning and a gas hob. It has lots of other things as well, but what I mean is that it looks like our bills will be for water, gas, and electricity.

We will be arriving on 2 August and will be staying there for two months. In August we will need the heating. But in September we probably won't need heating or air-conditioning.

We are a couple (no children).

Questions
1. Which is the better deal? Should we go for the all-inclusive price? Or the one for $180 less where we pay our own bills?

2. If the option where we pay our own bills is the better choice, is it worth the hassle? We'll only be there for two months: is it worth the hassle of signing up with water, gas, electricity suppliers, getting the payments set up, then cancelling it all again two months later?

If someone moved to the UK, I would not suggest they do this for just two months as there are often teething problems with suppliers in the first couple of months. But I don't know the situation in Perth.

What do you think? Grateful for any replies .

Thanks.

Gina

Last edited by GinaUK; Jun 21st 2007 at 9:15 am.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:21 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth rental: Bills $180: good deal? Worth the hassle?

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi,

we've found what looks like a really nice furnished rental. We have the option of a rental cost with all bills included (but 'phone excluded) or a rental cost with no bills included.

Background info
The rental has fully ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning and a gas hob. It has lots of other things as well, but what I mean is that it looks like our bills will be for water, gas, and electricity.

We will be arriving on 2 August and will be staying there for two months. In August we will need the heating. But in September we probably won't need heating or air-conditioning.

Questions
1. Which is the better deal? Should we go for the all-inclusive price? Or the one for $180 less where we pay our own bills?

2. If the option where we pay our own bills is the better choice, is it worth the hassle? We'll only be there for two months: is it worth the hassle of signing up with water, gas, electricity suppliers, getting the payments set up, then cancelling it all again two months later?

If someone moved to the UK, I would not suggest they do this for just two months as there are often teething problems with suppliers in the first couple of months. But I don't know the situation in Perth.

Thanks.

Gina
For a short period like 2 months I would go all inclusive if you can afford it.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Background info

Questions

Thanks.

Gina

If it's only for two months take the all inclusive.

Things to bear in mind:

There is a 'connection fee' for Gas and Electric (and phone)
There is a 'disconnection' fee for Gas and Electric, plus another 'connection fee' when you move.

You usually have to sign up for 12 months on phone.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:33 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Background info

Questions

Thanks.

Gina
I'd go for the all in price - thats only $45 per week, not too bad. No forwarding on bills either !
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:40 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Background info

Questions

Thanks.

Gina
Go all in

September mornings and evenings can be quite cold so crank the heater up.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Hi Gina

Where is teh rental, may need it after you

Mick
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:02 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go for the all inclusive price aswell. At least then all you have to worry about is food (and alcohol).
You'll still need the heating in September.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi,

Background info

Questions

Thanks.

Gina
I think that is a pretty good deal!!!! Go for it!!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:40 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

thanks very much. We'll go for the all inclusive deal .

Gina