Reload this Page >

Perth - Rekkie Ideas

Perth - Rekkie Ideas

Old Mar 6th 2006, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Perth - Rekkie Ideas

Hi Everyone

Hoping to do the Perth fact finding trip next year, was wondering how people have organized their trips ? i.e construct own travel /accomm arrangements or via a travel company.

Obviously flight booking is easy, just wonderd about the accomm bookings.

Would want to spend a month there, stay in near Perth centre for a couple of weeks then tour the north out for house ideas..but stay where ?

Would also like to see the south but this could be done by car forma central base?

Any ideas appreciated.

Dave
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Perth - Rekkie Ideas

Hi Dave

We go out to Perth in two weeks and three days for out rekkie. I am very excited. I am a midwife and hubbie is nurse - we already have a positive skills assessment back. We have booked everything seperately flights cost us £2300 (Singapore Airlines) for four of us (two littlies), accomodation wise we are looking at living in Mandurah or maybe even Bunury so we have booked a four bed, two bath house in Rockingham and intend to travel to Bunbury for a few days - accomodation and car booked via - www.emi-great.com - excellent site for making contacts and gaining info re: Mandurah, Rockingham and Port Kennedy areas. We intend to spend our time doing both holiday things and looking at various things like housing costs, jobs (already contacted a couple of hospitals and intend to go and have a look round), cars and furniture (shipping versus buying new). Probably one day holiday next future plans, I am sure the little ones will get bored otherwise (aged 18 months and 4). Any ideas of what to do when we are in holiday mode (suitable for little ones) would be greatly appreciated from me too.
Good luck with your application!
Lindsey
Old Mar 6th 2006, 6:27 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
Hi Everyone

Hoping to do the Perth fact finding trip next year, was wondering how people have organized their trips ? i.e construct own travel /accomm arrangements or via a travel company.

Would want to spend a month there, stay in near Perth centre for a couple of weeks then tour the north out for house ideas..but stay where ?

Would also like to see the south but this could be done by car forma central base?

Any ideas appreciated.

Dave
Hi Dave,
Here are a few sites who do holiday accomodation. I think they are all in the North of Perth. Don't know what they are like though, as haven't used any of them. The last one 'poms in perth' I think you have to be a member of the forum they have (we are thinking of using them when we go for good) Good luck:

http://www.propertysearch4u.com/

http://www.letsgoperth.com/

http://www.ozstays.com/

http://www.pomsinperth.com/accommodation.htm
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone

Any ideas appreciated.

Dave
When we went on our recce trip we stayed at a place called Karrinyup waters resort in like a static caravan thing, very basic but really nice, lovely pool communal bbq area. We had booked this for two weeks and a house for the second two weeks but ended up staying there for the full four weeks thought it was great.
Can highly recomend going to rottnest island for a day trip, you can hire those bikes with the little trailers for the liitle ones, my kids loved it. Also the moon and sixpence pub at woodvale, good food and of course great beer . We also loved Hilarys for the beach and the restraunts. Oh I could go on forever Might be easier to tell you what we didnt like, erm...............No it isnt Loved everything we did You can pick up a free booklet for perth which is very informative about things to do, bus timetables, maps, car hire, accomodation etcI have a couple which OH auntie sent us if you want one I will mail you one just PM me with your address. Nicky
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:22 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Hi Dave

We go out to Perth in two weeks and three days for out rekkie. I am very excited. I am a midwife and hubbie is nurse - we already have a positive skills assessment back. We have booked everything seperately flights cost us £2300 (Singapore Airlines) for four of us (two littlies), accomodation wise we are looking at living in Mandurah or maybe even Bunury so we have booked a four bed, two bath house in Rockingham and intend to travel to Bunbury for a few days - accomodation and car booked via - www.emi-great.com - excellent site for making contacts and gaining info re: Mandurah, Rockingham and Port Kennedy areas. We intend to spend our time doing both holiday things and looking at various things like housing costs, jobs (already contacted a couple of hospitals and intend to go and have a look round), cars and furniture (shipping versus buying new). Probably one day holiday next future plans, I am sure the little ones will get bored otherwise (aged 18 months and 4). Any ideas of what to do when we are in holiday mode (suitable for little ones) would be greatly appreciated from me too.
Good luck with your application!
Lindsey

Hey Lindsey,

We too are heading out for our reccie in 2 weeks and 3 days with Singapore Airlines - also four or us! (I wonder whether we are on same flight? ) After a stopover in Singapore we're off to Melbourne first, then we are staying in Safety Bay, Rockingham. We also plan to do the holiday/reccie in turns. There seems loads to do in Perth that I'm not sure we'll get much reccie things done!! Things we're doing are: Rotnest Island, Dolphin watching in Rockingham. beach (obviously!), meeting the Koala Bears, Kanagroo watching - probably all the typically Pom things!! Also, there seems to be loads of parks for the children - which means it'll take us hours to try and pass one! But we're also going to try and get in some suburb look-outs, house hunting and job hunting done. We're only in Perth for 10 days, as we're in Melbourne for a week (we can't decide between the two locations at the mo). How long are you out there for?

Pam
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

Hi Dave
We used poms in perth. Good properties and they were really helpful. Picked us up at the airport and answered our questions also arranged a hire car at the house for us. We then, when we were there booked into a caravan site in busselton which we found in the paper. I would recomend that if you are going down towards margaret river as the chalet was great, kids loved it.
Have fun.
Karen
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:54 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Karen and Iain
Hi Dave
We used poms in perth. Good properties and they were really helpful. Picked us up at the airport and answered our questions also arranged a hire car at the house for us. We then, when we were there booked into a caravan site in busselton which we found in the paper. I would recomend that if you are going down towards margaret river as the chalet was great, kids loved it.
Have fun.
Karen
We used Poms in Perth and were delighted with the service and the property (we stayed in Beldon, NOR). We had a fab. rekkie (18 months ago now)

Good luck!

Nicola
x
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:38 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Vallies
We used Poms in Perth and were delighted with the service and the property (we stayed in Beldon, NOR). We had a fab. rekkie (18 months ago now)

Good luck!

Nicola
x
Was it this house with the pool Nicola?

http://www.pomsinperth.com/radian.htm
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:02 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hi Everyone

Any ideas appreciated.

Dave
Hi Dave, we have accomodation in Rockingham, if you would like to check it out we are at www.cedarcottagewa.com Hope this helps. Suzette and Will.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

Originally Posted by leechy100
When we went on our recce trip we stayed at a place called Karrinyup waters resort in like a static caravan thing, very basic but really nice, lovely pool communal bbq area. We had booked this for two weeks and a house for the second two weeks but ended up staying there for the full four weeks thought it was great.
Can highly recomend going to rottnest island for a day trip, you can hire those bikes with the little trailers for the liitle ones, my kids loved it. Also the moon and sixpence pub at woodvale, good food and of course great beer . We also loved Hilarys for the beach and the restraunts. Oh I could go on forever Might be easier to tell you what we didnt like, erm...............No it isnt Loved everything we did You can pick up a free booklet for perth which is very informative about things to do, bus timetables, maps, car hire, accomodation etcI have a couple which OH auntie sent us if you want one I will mail you one just PM me with your address. Nicky
Hi Nicky

where can I get one of those booklets ? I'm heading to Perth for a rekkie in 3 weeks (Cant wait !)

thanks

Neil
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:04 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Was it this house with the pool Nicola?

http://www.pomsinperth.com/radian.htm
Yep! It was gorgeous and just what we needed as a base to scout around!

Nicola
x
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Try our website, www.northperthrentals.com

There are some interesting links that have been added to the site...........as regards to pomsinperth, a lot of people have had bad experiances with them!!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:11 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Bayswater car rentals are great

www.bayswatercarrental.com.au
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

We have a couple of houses with pools in the northern suburbs so bear us in mind if you need accommodation. I can send you photos etc.

Diane
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Try our website, www.northperthrentals.com

There are some interesting links that have been added to the site...........as regards to pomsinperth, a lot of people have had bad experiances with them!!
Could you P.M these links to me please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.