Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is perth a real scorcher??????

Is perth a real scorcher??????

Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is perth a real scorcher??????

hi there can you tell me how hot perth really gets ,and is it true that if you live near the coast you get a pleasant breeze,is the heat here we get better or worse.Looking forward to hearing some replies P.S will i be able to still make my snowman l.o.l only joking
Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Delboy

i dont live there yet but have been there lots and i felt that the heat we had in the last few days was worse than WA, but then maybe its just because we arent set up for it, no aircon etc. I've been in Perth at various different times of year and havent really experience anything i couldnt stand, if it does get too bad then you just stay indoors with the aircon on, i've never felt it as oppresive and muggy as it was here last week. i feel the coastal areas get more of a breeze, most of my family live in the hills areas and it tends to be less windy!

Lynn
Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:20 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is perth a real scorcher??????

Originally posted by delboy
hi there can you tell me how hot perth really gets ,and is it true that if you live near the coast you get a pleasant breeze
We went a couple of years ago in November and it was starting to get warm (32 - 34) Though it was different heat it was dry and bearable. Yes it can get stinking hot.

With regards to the wind then yes close to the coast it does cool it down a bit especially in the afternoon. I think its called the Freemantle Doctor (The wind)

Went windsurfing in Geraldton (4 hours up from Perth) and it was absolutley fantastic conditions for it. Just a shame I was sh*t at it.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 5:01 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

PB sent me this reply to post on his behalf:

Perth - ARSE END OF THE UNIVURSE!

Hot - you'd better belief it.

Sweaty armpits hot balls crotch and itchy back. Bad smelly no ozone just bad smell, understand? Good queen bess she is the best and Johnny don't figure in the equation. No Klu Klux Klan just god fearing refugees, iraquis not welcome except cleaners.

Air Conditionoing dont get me. Started because i dont know where to begin. Too hot, too cold, no a/c, no wood burner, too hot, not cold enough, wear another cardie old PB you sad git (hee hee, started talking to meself!) too cold, not hot enough, Kinver hear I come!

Dream on you refugees. Why are you all such failures. What are you running away from?

Houses here are not made of good materials. And not hot enough. Or cold enough either.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

Sweaty armpits hot balls crotch and itchy back. Bad smelly no ozone just bad smell, understand? Good queen bess she is the best and Johnny don't figure in the equation. No Klu Klux Klan just god fearing refugees, iraquis not welcome except cleaners.

Air Conditionoing dont get me. Started because i dont know where to begin. Too hot, too cold, no a/c, no wood burner, too hot, not cold enough, wear another cardie old PB you sad git (hee hee, started talking to meself!) too cold, not hot enough, Kinver hear I come!

Dream on you refugees. Why are you all such failures. What are you running away from?

Houses here are not made of good materials. And not hot enough. Or cold enough either.
Thats not from PB.
There was no mention of the one eyed man being king in the land of the blind. or You talk in tongues that are forked. you prat son.

PC
Old Aug 11th 2003, 5:38 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

PB has sent me this reply in reply to the post he sent you for you to post on his behalf.

Thanks for posting me reply for me Don glad to see you are putting yourselve to good use. Look Pal Im doing me post weekends now as well. Its hard work shoving negatives down the refugee dreamers throats every day but I think I'm beginning to wear em down.
You can help me mis-enform them on a regular basis if you like becuase me is opening a new cut 'n' pasting dept. very soon after me misses takes me back to Blighty - the land of milk and honey.
They've got a new job for me there as head tea boy, at dinky cars research, but I'll still be doing me village idiot bit in-between times. Anyway must fly, gotta bore me builder mates to death down the OB.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by chippy
PB has sent me this reply in reply to the post he sent you for you to post on his behalf.

Thanks for posting me reply for me Don glad to see you are putting yourselve to good use. Look Pal Im doing me post weekends now as well. Its hard work shoving negatives down the refugee dreamers throats every day but I think I'm beginning to wear em down.
You can help me mis-enform them on a regular basis if you like becuase me is opening a new cut 'n' pasting dept. very soon after me misses takes me back to Blighty - the land of milk and honey.
They've got a new job for me there as head tea boy, at dinky cars research, but I'll still be doing me village idiot bit in-between times. Anyway must fly, gotta bore me builder mates to death down the OB.
PB has asked me to reply inresponss to the reply I give me self before. being as no one else replied too me.

Thanks Chippy you prat son, and thanks to the main man Don for yer help.
You have no idea how bad things are here. Me brain dead Oz boss man makes me sit here all day on the puter. Posting fiction for you Immos and winding up you refugees. Its very hard to think what bollocks to post next.
Bludgers are nearly as bad as the Abbos ear. But theres one thing worse its a bludging Abbo.
You dreamers nead to keep your eyes open when you get to the land of the rubber dollar or you wont see whats goin on.
Soon be back in the land of Queen betty and me old mate Tony B.

PP PB

Last edited by porkchop; Aug 11th 2003 at 10:15 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Hi we came out in January last year and survived the summer with no air con. It does get very hot some days though. I remember looking after my neice's baby & as she was screaming her lovely little head off thought I'd take her for a walk. Literally got 100 yards down the road before turning back thinking "I can't do this to her - it'd be cruel" It's was So hot. There is usually a nice breeze which makes it bearable most of the time.

Diane
Old Aug 12th 2003, 12:58 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

hi there can you tell me how hot perth really gets ,and is it true that if you live near the coast you get a pleasant breeze,is the heat here we get better or worse.Looking forward to hearing some replies P.S will i be able to still make my snowman l.o.l only joking
Love the replies from the wannabe inmates of Graylands but it can be bloody hot here from Dec-March and yes on most afternoons we get a good Breeze from the Freo -Doctor.
This is why the most sort after land is near the coast the farther in you go the worse the heat is.
Watch what home you buy , tin roof is a must plus stay away from big windows.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 12th 2003 at 1:03 am.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:01 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy

Just of of interest you failed at being a civil engineer so what makes you think you can be any good at being a Chippy in Australia or do you think they need more failures.

Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:34 am
owieb

I have never seen so many stupid questions asked as there are on this forum.

"can you tell me how hot perth really gets?".

Is this the 'real' hot that so many people think doesn't exist?

Do you think that when people on this forum tell you the temperature is 40C they are lying? Or the weather forecasters say it's going to be 42C they are making it up for a joke?

Wake up sunshine! Perth gets hot, temperatures in the summer can reach over 40C.

To simulate living in different parts of perth I suggest you put your oven on 40C and sit in it.

For Perth coastal living, stick a fan in front of the oven. For living in the hills, stick a heater fan in front of the oven. For anything inbetween adjust the distance of the fan from the oven.

To get the effect of airconditioning turn the oven down to 18C!

Old Aug 12th 2003, 2:58 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

hi there can you tell me how hot perth really getsl
When we arrived in March this year the temp was in the 40's we stayed with my hubbys Auntie (who he hadn't seen for 12 years), Mrs Hospitality put us in her garage for our first week here

We were so hot we left the door open on the first night and got covered in Mossie bites, hubby looked like he had measles!! Temp in the garage read 52c!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We suffered another day before we went out and bought some fans, they took the temp down to a balmy 50c!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We managed to find a rental property within the week THANK GOD!! and have not been back since!!!!!!!!! Maybe she just didn't want us to outstay our welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared:
Old Aug 12th 2003, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

What an incentive to find somewhere fast! Poor you. Deffo cross her off the Christmas card list!!

Loopy
Old Aug 12th 2003, 4:27 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by owieb
To simulate living in different parts of perth I suggest you put your oven on 40C and sit in it.

For Perth coastal living, stick a fan in front of the oven. For living in the hills, stick a heater fan in front of the oven. For anything inbetween adjust the distance of the fan from the oven.

To get the effect of airconditioning turn the oven down to 18C!
Nice one!
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:28 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Just of of interest you failed at being a civil engineer so what makes you think you can be any good at being a Chippy in Australia or do you think they need more failures.

Some people tend to make a success out of most things they do. Others tend to be, as you well know....failures. All part of the gene pool I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.