Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Real Estate Agent (+Canoe in Swan river) (+ weeks helpful accom. in Perth?

Perth Real Estate Agent (+Canoe in Swan river) (+ weeks helpful accom. in Perth?

Old Oct 30th 2004, 7:40 am
Just Joined

SimpleSimon is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Perth Real Estate Agent (+Canoe in Swan river) (+ weeks helpful accom. in Perth?

Hello everyone

I will be in Perth for a week from November 7th to look for property and investigate other matters such as education etc..

A) Could anyone recommend to me good contact details for a good Real estate agent in Perth who can help find me the type of property my family are looking for.
Perhaps someone who is not limited to the properties on their books. Someone who may be familiar with higher value detached properties.

B)
Also can someone tell me if it is easy to canoe in the swan river. If it is I think a property close to the Swan river to be able to canoe etc would be nice.

C)
I have booked a hotel but if anyone also had a strong recommendation for some other type of sccomodation such as stay with someone who helps advise and show a newbie around that could be a possibilty as i am able to cancel hotel up to 48 hours before arriving.

I am new to this forum but hope to be able to contribute in the future.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Perth Real Estate Agent (+Canoe in Swan river) (+ weeks helpful accom. in Perth?

Originally Posted by SimpleSimon
Hello everyone

I will be in Perth for a week from November 7th to look for property and investigate other matters such as education etc..

A) Could anyone recommend to me good contact details for a good Real estate agent in Perth who can help find me the type of property my family are looking for.
Perhaps someone who is not limited to the properties on their books. Someone who may be familiar with higher value detached properties.

B)
Also can someone tell me if it is easy to canoe in the swan river. If it is I think a property close to the Swan river to be able to canoe etc would be nice.

C)
I have booked a hotel but if anyone also had a strong recommendation for some other type of sccomodation such as stay with someone who helps advise and show a newbie around that could be a possibilty as i am able to cancel hotel up to 48 hours before arriving.

I am new to this forum but hope to be able to contribute in the future.
Swan river is ideal for canoeing and is often used by the local boys schools for their rowing training. However, there is also the Canning River which is ideal for this as well and will get you away from the city.

You could try www.reiwa.com.au (Real Estate Institute of WA) for properties or try various different companies such as www.ljhooker.com.au www.royweston.com.au www.raywhite.com.au www.professionals.com.au

Have fun trawling through the properties. They are all quite good sites.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 8:50 am
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Perth Real Estate Agent (+Canoe in Swan river) (+ weeks helpful accom. in Perth?

All of these agents are able to show you any property as they set up conjunctional agreements between themselves. For example a LJ hooker property can be shown and sold by a Century 21 rep.

Most agents will prefer to show you properties in their locality however.

A "higher value" property means different things depending on the suburb. For example a large detatched home in Cottesloe will cos much more than similar in Port Kennedy, Balajura or Armadale.

Last edited by johnnie7au; Oct 30th 2004 at 8:53 am.