Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth real estate ‘will fall as rest rises’

Perth real estate ‘will fall as rest rises’

Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all
Default Re: Perth real estate ‘will fall as rest rises’

I CAN UNDERSTAND IF I HAD PURCHASED A PROPERTY IN PERTH I THINK I WOULD NOT EXEPT THAT THERE WOULD BE A PRICE CORRECTION BUT REALISTICLY I THINK ITS ON THE CARDS DONT GET ME WRONG ITS A TOP PLACE TO LIVE FANTASTIC LIFE STYLE BUT THE BIG BUT CAN IT KEEP GOING AND FLOWING THAY SAID THE SAME ON CERTAIN PARTS OF THE USA AND LOOK AT IT NOW CAN AN AVERAGE FAMILY HOME MILES AND MILES FROM ANYWERE WITH BRUCE AND SHELA AND 2.2 KIDS BE WORTH THREE QUARTERS OF A MILL ??????????
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stariston
I CAN UNDERSTAND IF I HAD PURCHASED A PROPERTY IN PERTH I THINK I WOULD NOT EXEPT THAT THERE WOULD BE A PRICE CORRECTION BUT REALISTICLY I THINK ITS ON THE CARDS DONT GET ME WRONG ITS A TOP PLACE TO LIVE FANTASTIC LIFE STYLE BUT THE BIG BUT CAN IT KEEP GOING AND FLOWING THAY SAID THE SAME ON CERTAIN PARTS OF THE USA AND LOOK AT IT NOW CAN AN AVERAGE FAMILY HOME MILES AND MILES FROM ANYWERE WITH BRUCE AND SHELA AND 2.2 KIDS BE WORTH THREE QUARTERS OF A MILL ??????????
NO, WILLL HAPPEN IN THE NEXT 24 MONTHS, REDUCTION OF ABOUT 15-40% DEPENDING WHERE YOU LIVE.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by on a mission
NO, WILLL HAPPEN IN THE NEXT 24 MONTHS, REDUCTION OF ABOUT 15-40% DEPENDING WHERE YOU LIVE.
I AGREE
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by stariston

FRIG ME WHERE IS THE FULL STOP AND THE CAPS LOCK ON THIS KEYBOARD MAYBE I SHOULD TRY USING THEM SO PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT THE F I AM ON ABOUT OR MAYBE I CAN JUST CARRY ON LIKE THIS
LORD HELP ME IF I HAVE TO TAKE THE INGLISH TEST TO GET A VISA
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:19 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

And when we all stop shouting!

we will work out the majority of us on here pay for a house and try and live in it, purchase, pay a mortgage and hope to heck we have the figures right!

According to all the figures, I bought in 2003 at the height of the Sydney market and lost 20% in the last five years but now have a gain!

What I really have ........... is a home I bought planning to live in it for minimum five years (so I did not give a crap the real estate agent say it was not a capital raising property). I am now on my next five year plan and keeping the house we bought and doing some more stuff for our enjoyment.

Plan for what you can afford not what might happen, as an old mortgage consultant my advice is work out your monthly (including possibly non earning times) and put on % increases at 1 or 2 and can see if you still manage your figures. If you can still manage - buy! If you cannot manage, be friendly to a dying Aunt or pray the market goes your way!